Banning URAP

This is probably going to be unpopular but I do not think we need to be banning people for ingame IC actions.  That is specific to URAP.  Known forum destroyers should be banned.

But, I also dislike the idea of banning because of association.  Are we banning all players that have some association with DEN now?

I generally agree that ingame actions do not indicate offsite banning, it takes a case-by-case basis.  Which is why I took limited action and awaited to hear from Winnie. He owns the forum, so there is no question the right to ban anyone, for any reason, at any time. It's not a community decision, it's an owner decision.

No one has been banned due to association with DEN, so I don't know where you got that from.

As he has declared himself as DEN I suggest a ban from this forum as a probable security risk and potential forum destroyer.

This would seem to indicate that association with DEN was part of the decision since it is the initial request to have URAP banned and states very clearly that his association is one of the reasons, so I guess this is where I got that from?

Obviously, Winnipeg has the right to ban anyone here for any reason. I am simply expressing my opinion that generally I think banning a player for an ingame action is unnecessary.

Guilt by association is fine In Game where the worst damage to be done is a free trip to TRR. 

In Forum, there needs to be proof that a player is harmful to the Community as a whole (we have had a few like this who will remain unnamed) or violators of COPS. 

If anything, TWP is forgiving to a fault and even once-banned players can truly repent, be given another chance, and become productive ... and even loved ... members of the Community again (Tweedy is the poster child for that.)

No, his association with DEN had no bearing on the decision to ban him from the forum. You are reading more into the thread than is there. BBD is not an administrator, so his is an opinion and request, just as yours would be.

Yet that was not clarified in the decision to ban the player. It isn't an obligation of forum administration to share the reasons why a player is banned, correct. But if a reason for a request is specifically given and action is taken without contradiction or clarification then the (completely justified) opinion that administration acted on those reasons is valid. You stating in what I read as a dismissive and patronising comment that you have 'no idea' where I got that opinion from is insulting.

So, if URAP's association with DEN was not a factor, what was the reason if I might ask your lordships? I find it incredibly hard to believe that an admin panel that includes two players that have couped this very region would advocate kicking a player for the same thing only. And if that is the new policy going forward then I submit myself as a player associated with a former feeder coup/rogue Delegacy and also submit the half dozen or so other players that are active/semi-active here that have done similar elsewhere.

In my original post I had something in the back of my mind that DEN had some association with known forum destroyers, which I went and confirmed later.

Probably did that the wrong way around, but my first concern was the security of this site.

And yes two of the Admins have couped the region, but they were "family". By declaring for DEN URAP left that association and lost my trust that he would not try and do something stupid forum side.

You may find this hard to believe Vlagh, but I count you as TWP family, which means that there is an implicit trust in terms of things like forum security.

URAP didn't even have the guts to coup the place himself, which is at least keeping things in house, and which I can sort of almost respect. Nooo, he had to go give his nation to some other people and they did the dirty work for him. That's a much less forgivable offence imo.