A Call to the Members of the Voice of the West Pacific Union

I would ask that URAP supports the forum government as our Delegate or abdicate the Delegate position to someone who will support the Voice.

... Okay. I'm a Voice supporter, but that's a bit extreme, ain't it? Our first priority should be to stand united and fix our issues together, not to alienate somebody simply because that said somebody disagrees with what you say or think, more so when that said somebody is a leading figure and possible key to solving the said issues and problems.

I wish to make known my faith and support for BOTH our Voice and our Delegate.

I've added you to the list of Voice supporters Eli. I'd like PD to finally confirm his take of the Advocate position he was selected to, so we can move on with whatever changes we want to do to our charters and the recruitment of prospect DAs as well to start moving our government institutions

... Okay. I'm a Voice supporter, but that's a bit extreme, ain't it? Our first priority should be to stand united and fix our issues together, not to alienate somebody simply because that said somebody disagrees with what you say or think, more so when that said somebody is a leading figure and possible key to solving the said issues and problems.

I wish to make known my faith and support for BOTH our Voice and our Delegate.

I almost completely disagree.

Since URA has taken office, I have seen him do no leading at all. All he's done is occasionally complain about how he's too busy to be active as a delegate (even going dark and being unreachable for a few days), dissolve the Voice, attempt to instate a government that in no way solves the problems he had with the Voice, and throw a hissy fit when Pierconium cut ties between TP and TWP because of his poor "leadership". When his authority is challenged, he either just says that he'd rather not have the topic brought up, or he throws up some juvenile self-validation where he cries that he can do whatever he wants. Quite frankly, I believe that a delegate's power is derived from commanding the respect of their constituents, and he certainly does not have mine. It has become apparent that URA's idea of leading is to say that he has absolute power over everything, then assign other people to do his work for him while he sits back and blows hot air out of his ass.The only way that I can see TWP make any forward progress is to get a new delegate in power. Hell, URA even said himself that it's up to us to figure out how to fix the problems in TWP as he once again finds a way to dodge doing any real work around here.

Unfortunately some people have forgotten that the principle of separation between in-game and off-site is a two way street. While the off-site does not tell the Delegate what to do in-game, likewise it has been custom and practice for the Delegate not to tell the off-site what to do either.

Up until now there has always been a spirit of co-operation between the two. Unfortunately URAP has made a right pig's ear of that.

Another point: the in-game government is the Delegate, not the Delegate and the Guardians. The Guardians are not the Delegate's Praetorian Guard, they are there for the security of the region. They are there to protect the region from external and internal threats. An internal threat has always included a Delegate who is ineffective or who has lost the confidence of the region.

Factional loyalties and nomenclature are irrelevant until the purpose of an organsational structure is established.

There are a limited number of active participants in this venture, and rather than divide into competing enclaves, it may be more productive to identify what needs to be done and who among us is best positioned to accomplish the various tasks and objectives

It is your duty and privilege as resident of TWP to shape the offsite government into whatever you wish. I tried to realize that privilege, but the delegate does not have that privilege. They give it up when they take the seat and regain it when they leave.

I will fully back any government created by the residents as long as it does not attempt to break game rules.

I can't win in terms of criticism so at this point I'm not even going to try.

So uh... since Russo has now approved of the residents' rightful actions, the Voice has been de facto and de jure reinstated, and TWP's vocal cords restored. There will be celebrations in Malviet tonight.

Unfortunately, is not really Russo's right to do that. The voice is reinstated in as much as we want it. I've already called for the Advocate to lead us on the changes we want to implement, and that if I'm not mistaken, Dark is drafting. Should we open a separate discussion on what other changes we want to implement?

I am going to ask the admins to restore the Voice maskings and roles.

What I am also going to do is request a meeting with the delegate to review russo's desires for the forum government and how we can stay on the same page. and even if we aren't on the same page clearly communicate.

I think russo made the changes with the hopes to spur activity on the off-site. Well, that happened. :)

The voice masking was no different that the member mask except for the shiny badge.  It was just a courtesy/cosmetic mask.  And I see the mask was deleted.  That will need to be recreated, and we need a list of members to re-assign masks. No rush since it makes no actual difference in access.

PD, your masking should be correct as Advocate now with mod rights.  The DA's masks still exist for when you have assignments to make to those roles.

I am going to ask the admins to restore the Voice maskings and roles.

What I am also going to do is request a meeting with the delegate to review russo's desires for the forum government and how we can stay on the same page. and even if we aren't on the same page clearly communicate.

I think russo made the changes with the hopes to spur activity on the off-site. Well, that happened. :)

I believe Eli said "It's time to toss some grenades in here because this is morgue like"

Well- Maybe not the most correct answer.