A public apology

URAP

I hope you understand that even if Vlagh is gone, I or another delegate may dissolve the government at will anyhow? That is not the main purpose of Vlagh's position and removing him doesn't prevent it.

See my comment in the other thread.  This is silly.  The Delegate has the authority to ignore an offsite government, but not to dissolve it.

And this my friends is the crux of the issue. 

The delegate has no authority as far as I can tell to dissolve the offsite government. But Minister of Legislative RP did, technically, and he may have some backing to do so. 

I have no desire to participate in any form of government that can be so unilaterally dissolved without so much as a notice. The reason is, why invest in something if someone  - per whatever - just wants to pull the rug out. 

Not cool in my book.

See my comment in the other thread. This is silly. The Delegate has the authority to ignore an offsite government, but not to dissolve it.

http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1353-regarding-recent-election-turmoil/?p=26442

The authority that I used existed in April under Darkesia and most did not complain. While it may be true that the initial appointment did not specify that role explicitly, it was vaguely defined and did ultimately result in similar action under her direction.

That said, I serve only at the discretion of the Delegate. The proposal currently in the Voice seems to eliminate my position altogether so I doubt it should be a concern for anyone moving forward.

Not endorsing it is nigh on the same thing. I'm pretty sure there is not much of a difference.

Anyhow, Removing Vlagh doesn't prevent that either.

There is quite a large difference in my opinion, between ignoring something but allowing it to operate on its own, and dismantling an institution entirely. (allowing... not that you have much of a choice. TWP can form an offsite government without your permission)

There is quite a large difference in my opinion, between ignoring something but allowing it to operate on its own, and dismantling an institution entirely. (allowing... not that you have much of a choice. TWP can form an offsite government without your permission)

Everyone here seems to have gone nuts.

The only reason TWP created the separation between ingame and offsite governments was because the Delegate allowed it.  If the Delegate does not approve of the offsite government then it is illegitimate according to every convention in NS, unless of course, you are claiming that URAP is not the legitimate Delegate of TWP?

The bottom line is that the sitting Delegate could just create a new forum and move the entire community away from here.  I do not believe that will occur and do not mean to insult the generosity of Winnipeg in hosting this forum but that is the truth.

I think we have a vastly different conception of TWP's separation of in game delegacy from offsite community.

Unless you are the Delegate it doesn't matter what your (or my) perception of the separation is. If you are just wanting to create a separate RP club that isn't linked to the game then you don't need to worry about what the Delegate does at all. But, you can't go around claiming to be the government of TWP either, as PD did on the NS forum. You can't have it both ways. You are either separate or you are not. If you are going to associate with TWP then you are obligated to do so according not to how the sitting Delegate supports it, or you are in opposition and are in a counter-government. Historically, one has proven more legitimate than the other as far as intra-regional relations are concerned.

So it is your opinion, that the opinion of the Delegate is the only one that matters.

Given your own circumstances I suppose that view makes sense coming from you.

What circumstances are those oh claimer of not pointing to my position within the NPO as an impetus of my actions? Hypocrite.

I have always supported the rights of the sitting Delegate in any GCR that I have been a part of. Your comment just shows your lack of knowledge about me as a player of this game.

You love that hypocrite word.

Me saying that your opinion of the role of the Delegate makes sense because of your role in TP =/= me claiming you are NPO influenced in the decisions you make in TWP.

All it shows is that I don't care for duality, which I've been clear on. Your general opinions in each region cannot be compartmentalised. That does not mean you cannot /act/ without being influenced by ambitions from the other region. Which I've said elsewhere at this point.

Your opinion is that the Delegate's opinion is all that matters. That makes sense because you are a Delegate (and an authoritarian one at that).

Nice try though.

Except that I have the same position regardless of my position in other regions - last I checked I haven't been Delegate of a feeder continuously for the last 12 years - thereby making your position invalid on several levels.

You pointing to my position elsewhere as an influence on my position here is exactly what you stated you weren't doing in the other thread, thus making you a hypocrite.

There is no try.

But, you can't go around claiming to be the government of TWP either, as PD did on the NS forum. 

This right here is why I would have love URAP to give me a heads up. I would have never, repeat never, gotten TWP's NS embassy restarted had I known this was coming. Utter waste of time and makes me look pretty foolish.

I don't like to waste my time. 

Piling on Vlagh is the misdirection. As I said before, I don't really care enough to try to discern if he has ulterior motives. It takes a lot of brainpower and i don't think he's the source of the problem. 

The problem that we have is our offsite forum's activity levels are light years below what they are on the in-game site. As the offsite oligarchs  - and yes we're the oligarchs - we have constantly sought ways to make the offsite forum more active because we think that the game should have an offsite forum and that it should be active.

As I stated months ago, why don't we try to change the whole paradigm and do away with  the offsite government dichotomy and do something different. Let's have the government be in-game and have the delegate establish whatever he/she/it wants it to be as delegates change. If we want to use this forum great, and if we only want to use this forum for limited things that's great too.

I think our constant reboot of forum governments is akin to a leopard trying to change it's spots and become something it isn't. We are a Karaoke Friday, Chocolate Loving, Marsupial hating, region and we don't need to be like TP, TNP, TEP, or anyone else. We just need to be comfortable enough in our own skin to realize the offsite may never be what the onsite is. But our onsite activity and TWP-ness is pretty da-- good.

So I say let's just let go of trying to fit a square peg in a circular hole and build our government at the delegate's direction on the onsite forum. Let's be the leopard and accept, no embrace, our spots. 

I'm inclined to agree with pd. The offsite forum is a great tool, but I think it should be used for just community stuff really. If the delegate wants an area here for him and the Guardians to plot, that's cool too. But why do we need an offsite government?

The point of this thread is that I, my friend, am the fucking problem.

Just like Medio said, don't be hard on yourself, mate. Angry and overly guilt ridden Koreans(or half Koreans on this matter) are usually unsightly and unproductive for everyone.