A public apology

URAP

TWP-

I'm sorry for all you guys have to deal with right now.

If we get to the root of the issue, it's pretty much my fault entirely. I knew things were going bad. We all did. but instead of completing a plan and communicating it to you guys and the guardians, I let myself be goaded into a quick reaction rather than a collected and calm action. And for that, I am very sorry.

Things are moving forward. The guardians and I are working with Elegarth to develop a proposal, and he'll show it to you and you can tell us if you like it. One thing is for certain- the voice is a part of that proposal.

I'm too new to know what was going on, so I don't feel I can comment on what was going on.

But on a personal basis, if I ever see someone talking like this I consider it a sign that they are someone who I can respect and talk to. I have a "I hear what you say, and respect your views if you will accord me the same. Agreeing to disagree is a sign of maturity, if we each respect the others views a way forward can usually be found" attitude to working with others.

Debt collectors have to be good at conflict resolution - we want our money and you can't/won't pay it, clear communication leaves the way for a resolution to be worked out.

Just like Medio said, don't be hard on yourself, mate. All of us are currently on the same boat... for now.

By the way, one thing is for sure: We don't want the new voice to be dissolved again by some governmental position that the public had no knowledge of its existence.(Yes I'm talking about Vlagh.)

My friend, Vlagh is going to have to remain in place. I will publicly make clear that he is a thing, but he's staying put. He acts only at the discretion of the delegate and does nothing otherwise, and is our way out of any corner we may accidentally trap ourselves in. He has no power unless I give it to him and therefore is not dangerous to the new government, which I endorse.

Russo, I've been with you all along trusting your decisions and discretion.  You have a tough and at times thankless position that requires thought in avenues that most of us will never understand.  And you've handled yourself with wisdom and honor.  However, this role Vlagh is playing does not sound like something we would do in TWP.  Its ominous and puts a spectre around our offsite government that quite frankly breeds distrust, secrecy, and puts people off in a way that was the very problem last week.  I implore you to reconsider.  A reset because you don't like the way things are going is not the response we need in TWP!  We need open transparent decision making to put the people in position to be active participants in a flourishing government.

Russo, I've been with you all along trusting your decisions and discretion.  You have a tough and at times thankless position that requires thought in avenues that most of us will never understand.  And you've handled yourself with wisdom and honor.  However, this role Vlagh is playing does not sound like something we would do in TWP.  Its ominous and puts a spectre around our offsite government that quite frankly breeds distrust, secrecy, and puts people off in a way that was the very problem last week.  I implore you to reconsider.  A reset because you don't like the way things are going is not the response we need in TWP!  We need open transparent decision making to put the people in position to be active participants in a flourishing government.

Actually, the role is unique to TWP and was created by Darkesia to do exactly what URA just explained. So, this is the MOST TWPIAN thing you can get, one of the many unique things we have. While would you be proud of our uniqueness and then ask (under the wrong assumption that this is NOT TWPian) one of those things unique to us to be gone???

Also, I need to remind everyone again: TWP is also the only feeder where you are allowed to create your own offsite government at any time, including a copy of the one the delegate can dissolute.

Also, you say "A reset because you don't like the way things are going is not the response we need in TWP!  We need open transparent decision making to put the people in position to be active participants in a flourishing government." What is more transparent than having a person whose only role and power is the dissolution of any legislative RP thing under the Delegate command? How is that secretive? Is not something we made up 3 weeks ago. Is a position explicitly designed for this purpose by Darkesia, to be explicitly held by Vlagh, and to be used for this purpose. I mean, what is secret about it?

While I am not saying I think the dissolution of the voice was correct, I do have to say my friend, that while you and I usually agree, this particular arguments are not factually accurate :( I can understand you dislike the position and what it entails, but is factually 100% TWPian, not at all secretive, and quite straight forward.

Same player, different characters. The characters act like separate people.

I am an active player on 4 different feeders. People really needs to get over their big bad wolf fears, how childish it gets... thanks for answering Hari

Actually, the role is unique to TWP and was created by Darkesia to do exactly what URA just explained. So, this is the MOST TWPIAN thing you can get, one of the many unique things we have. While would you be proud of our uniqueness and then ask (under the wrong assumption that this is NOT TWPian) one of those things unique to us to be gone???

Also, I need to remind everyone again: TWP is also the only feeder where you are allowed to create your own offsite government at any time, including a copy of the one the delegate can dissolute.

Also, you say "A reset because you don't like the way things are going is not the response we need in TWP!  We need open transparent decision making to put the people in position to be active participants in a flourishing government." What is more transparent than having a person whose only role and power is the dissolution of any legislative RP thing under the Delegate command? How is that secretive? Is not something we made up 3 weeks ago. Is a position explicitly designed for this purpose by Darkesia, to be explicitly held by Vlagh, and to be used for this purpose. I mean, what is secret about it?

While I am not saying I think the dissolution of the voice was correct, I do have to say my friend, that while you and I usually agree, this particular arguments are not factually accurate :( I can understand you dislike the position and what it entails, but is factually 100% TWPian, not at all secretive, and quite straight forward.

Emphasis mine.

First.  Please stop name dropping to legitimize the actions taken. "Darkesia created the position"  is no reason to keep that position.  Second: That is not why I created the position.

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with the actions taken by the current Delegate.  It is only to say that you cannot lay this at my feet.  Nor should you feel comfortable insisting that the position remain active, if the people feel threatened by the very existence of the position.  I ask, Elegarth, (rhetorically) when a child is afraid of monsters in the closet, does belitteling those fears help to assuage them?

Furthermore: the reference to you is meant to dissuade some comments regarding Vlagh forcing his way into the position, others claiming it was recently made up, or that it is non TWP sourced. The fact that you created the position is historically accurate and I'll use historical accuracy as an argument anytime I need it. Ura, upon becoming delegate, decided to keep him and his position, and he remains capable to undo it.

If you think is meant otherwise, you interpreted it wrong.

Curiously enough, I wouldn't have kept it *me shrugs*

I hate this mobile >_>

Finally, the dissolution or continuity of the position does not depends on me, nor have I given my opinion on it. The delegate I work for has decided to keep it, and that is enough for me. If he decides to dismiss it, I will support it likewise. Is not much call.

I do find it interesting that several people seem to be placing blame at my feet over events when all I have ever done here in TWP has been at the request of the sitting Delegate.  That Called the Vlagh has been within TWP for over a decade and has never done anything within this region expressly for the benefit of outside forces.  The implication that a change of status within an associated nation somehow changes how I conduct myself within this region is insulting.

That called the Vlagh has retained the same title, but different roles under different Delegates.  That should be self evident to himself, as well as everyone else.  To say otherwise is to bandy words as I see being done in this this thread.

As Dark noted, her assignment was for a different purpose than it has developed into.  He was to teach/guide newer players into the methods of legislative government role play.  Since then he became an arbitrator/facilitator of new governments.  That's a different role, and one that singularly excludes the rest of the region.

As I myself recall, all titles were removed at the establishment of the Union government.  Vlagh's was retained, while all others were removed. Give that everything old was removed, there should be no surprise that Vlagh's actions were abruptly disturbing to many.

An apology is a good start, but soft words butter no parsnips.  I'll put my little rebellion on hold for now and wait and see what transpires.

Um... okay. I gotta ask: What does Vlagh have to do with Mr. Ivan Moldavi, a.k.a. Pierconium, the emperor of the NPO?

No mean Machiavelli is ingenious Ivan Moldavi.

And if you can name the movie I paraphrased that from without going to the Internet, I'll buy you a beer.

Most TWPian thing?  I beg to differ and I've been around here a lot longer than most.  It is a most un-TWPian thing.  Most of our off-site governments have not had or needed a buffer or fuse between the Delegate and the government.

Please don't try and sell this as something it isn't.

So you are only the sum of what is old? and not what is not so old? How do you manage that? You decide based on opinion? Seems quite an imposition... "What I like is what it is"? Heh, funny

And this including than I'm not even the one who has kept it here, all in all

/me shrugs

You can continue trying to sell a point. I'll respect the Delegate's decision whatever it is.

It's only one opinion, but it's an opinion that has been formed by nearly 12 years of being in TWP.  Therefore, I think I can say with a degree of certainty what is true to the nature of TWP and what isn't.

And yet, opinions are like belly buttons: everyone has one. I value yours greatly, but it stills feels how it feels. Again, I didn't even make this choice, so I won't spent any more single second and let the decision maker hold it on his own, if he so chooses to. I'm tired of the drama.