admin change requests part trois or tres or three

Eli

I've noticed it too, but I'm still trying to recover other databases at the moment, so bare with me.  I have a forum update that I need to apply as well so when I get a chance I'll try to fix it.

It's a bad time of year for all this to have rolled down...Christmas, 2 family birthdays...work...*sigh*

It wasn't fixed from what I can see for me. :(

You try clearing your browser cache? I can't duplicate it anymore in Chrome or Firefox...

I take that back...apparently it doesn't happen while I have the forum in offline mode...but as soon as I put it back into online mode the problem comes back...wtf

Testing from Microsoft Edge...

So...apparently this thread has it happen, but if I do it from a thread in my super-secret hidden testing forum, it works fine.  Only thing I can see that might make it different is the fact that the thread I was using in there was created AFTER our forum fun at the beginning of the month...

Can you try it from a new thread and let me know if it still happens in that one for you?

Funny thing is, when you need to refresh the thread for the post to be posted, then the list of new content shows the respective thread with all its posts read. However, in the rare cases where the post gets immediately posted (as supposed), then the respective thread in new content shows unread posts (i.e. your own last post), and you need to reload/refresh said thread in order fot it to not show any unread posts any longer.

Another Test

And another. . . .

*sigh* still no idea why it's doing what it's doing...but I've verified it's not a problem with the Javascript, or Ad-Blocker...  The AJAX Query sends the request for the new post, but the server never replies to say "done" so the Javascript just keeps turning and turning...

This is a Test, please ignore (just need to see a reply POST that doesn't work...so I can compare the AJAX sent vs the threads that are working.)

WTF...there is litterally no difference between a working AJAX data post, and a non working AJAX data post...  It has to be related to the Database, but I can't find anything wrong with that either.

Did those last tests bring as the ability to revert to unsaved/unposted content (the auto-save feature), as well?

I'm not mentioning my own becoming part of the Guardians because, since I haven't seen any official request yet, I suppose I'll need first to pass through some initiation ceremony and such. :P

Cough, cough...  :blush:  :unsure: