The Commonwealth of Crowns

TAO

Communique from The Commonwealth of Crowns to "The West Pacific"

At the very outset, we would like to thank the West Pacific for opening our embassy here. We have already opened YOUR embassy in our regional forum too and would like to request you to depute your Ambassador to our region.

Late last month,the 6th 3 member Regional government was elected by a region wide vote with the following office-bearers:

Lord Chancellor (Executive head): Borduriaa

Lord Speaker (Legislative head of Crowns Assembly): Noorderkwartier

Lord Secretary General (Guardian of Constitution): Oberseewald

Immediately Chancellor Borduriaa established a cabinet of Ministers for the day-t-day business of the region. The portfolios are as follows:-

Minister of Finance:Lentheric

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Belhorizon

Minister of Culture and Regional Cartographer: The Quadruple Alliance

Minister of Justice: Helladria

Minister of Internal Affairs: Besate

Minister of Defence: GuatemalaCity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELECTIONS:

Elections for the 3 member International Crowns Court is also presently continuing.

LEGISLATIVE BUSINESS:

Our founder ratified the mandate for reforms of the Constitution following a series of demands in the Crowns Assembly by members. Helladria has been made the draftsman of the reforms and a plethora of measures have been debated and voted upon--notably regarding the methodology of Constitutional Amendments. The reforms are still continuing .

FOREIGN AFFAIRS:

Immediately upon taking charge, Borduriaa started sending feelers to Game created regions like TWP, TNP and defender regions like Astrigeas, UDL etc. for embassies. Both in game and forum embassies were estbalished with "The West Pacific" .

'The West Pacific" remains special to the CoC and Embassy requests were made by our earlier Chancellor Lentheric too. We remain committed to maintaining our embassy and extend our relations to in-game embassies too.

ICC Election Update :

International Crowns Court Elections: The 3rd 3 member crowns Court was sworn in with the following members:

United Kingdom of Lentheric was elected as the Crowns Assembly's judge in the ICC.

The Quadruple Alliance was nominated as the Founder's nominee judge in the ICC.

The REC's nominee is Kingdom of the Polar bear.

crowns101291.jpg

THE COMMONWEALTH OF CROWNS

Weekly Update:

1. Oberseewald resigns from the Secretary General's post of CoC. This post checks all legislative bills for Constitutionality. Elections are underway for the post , with two contenders, founder Osberg-Thitania and Defense Minister GuatemalaCity in the fray. If elected, Guat has to relinquish his Ministry seat. We have a "Political Monopoly Eradication Act" to abide by, you see!

2. "The French Kingdom", formerly Justice Minister, CoC, has resurrected and rejoined CoC. We expect long drawn Court cases and litigations now. The French delegate has a penchant for legislation and is the Devil's Advocate !

• 4 weeks later...

crowns101291.jpg

THE COMMONWEALTH OF CROWNS

THE CHRISTMAS UPDATE:

A new Government was sworn in after the elections to the Regional Executive Council with Noorderkwartier as the Chancellor (Executive head), Borduriaa as the Secretary General (Constitutional Watchdog)and Imperial Yamea as Speaker (Legislative head).

Immediately upon assuming charge, the executve head, Chancellor Noorderkwartier appointed a cabinet as follows:

Minister of Defence:Lentheric

Minister of Finance: Belhorizon

Minister of Internal Affairs: Churchilland

Minister of Foreign Affairs: AngelzRealm

Minister of Justice: Vetega

Minister of Culture: Besate

Secy(Immigration):Syldevia

Events:

1) The chief of the opposition federalist bloc, The French Kingdom, leaves CoC and joins 'France" after his resolution is declared unconstitutional in Assembly by the Secretary General.

2) Region celebrates as membership crosses 100 and gatecrashes into the top 100 region group.

3)The Federalist movement in CoC is in disarray after the departure of the French Kingdom from CoC.

4) The Antarctica Territories withdraws all troops from CoC deployed areas and threatens to secede from CoC.

Crowns Assembly News:

1) The French Kingdom's 'Stop harming your kids" resolution --a bill to condemn human rights abuse against LGBT ,is declared unconstitutional in the Assembly by SG as it attempted to influence individual nation's policies.

2)Voting picks up on "Ethical Relations bill" proposed by The French Kingdom

3) Secretary General declares Antarctica Territories 's bill for monitoring the REC to be Constitutional, motion for vote passed.

4) Speaker, Imperial Yamea proposes new Bill for modalities of No Confidence Motion against REC members .

5) Lord Speaker sets new standard format for legislation which was passed as standing order by REC.

6)The Antarctica Territories unveils " Project evolution"-- a top secreat regional project to create super humans for the defense of CoC.

7) Helladria's Constitutional Reforms restarted after a hiatus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

global_alliance__524606.jpg

JANUARY 2013 UPDATE:-

It's been a great journey this month for the Commonwealth of Crowns.

Elections to the 8th Regional Executive Councils were held amidst stiff challenges and healthy competition. The United Kingdom of Lentheric  and the Empire of Besate were locked in a stiff fight for the post of the powerful and coveted Chancellery. likewise, Imperial Yamea's second time bid for the Speaker's post was challenged by GuatemalaCity.

The results for the REC Elections were as follows:-

Chancellor-WA delegate: United Kingdom of Lentheric
Speaker: Imperial Yamea
Secretary General: Jewish-Polish Empire

Celebrations in the Regional Capital-The Crowns Island were on in full swing for the past few days and the Lentheric monarch, HRH Queen Alexis Lutheran addressed the CoC citizens.
The following was the text of the new Chancellor's speech after taking the oath of allegiance:

Honorable Founder of The Commonwealth of Crowns, Esteemed Members of the Regional Executive Council, Their Excellencies, The Judges of The International Crown Court, Ministers of The Commonwealth Government, The Governor of The Commonwealth Bank and Member Nations of The Commonwealth of Crowns.

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for voting for The United Kingdom of Lentheric to lead this great region of ours. We have achieved this position by you having faith within us. We assure you Member Nations, that every action taken by the Lentheric Administration will be for the benefit of this region. We will work unselfishly and be open minded to suggestions and make sure that the rule of law prevails.

Secondly, I thank all Ministers for agreeing to take up a position in Government. You were chosen not blindly, but because of your activities and your willingness to help, lead and follow. You are strong individuals and I have faith in you all. Some of you know by now that Lentheric means business with regards to leadership. We are strict but fair, leaders, but followers as well and we will not tolerate inactive Ministers nor lazy ones. If you do not perform according to your duties, you will be replaced. Leadership is the ability to place yourself last and lead those who needs your guidance and support.

Thirdly, I must stress, the laws of this region shall be upheld by all who dwell within it. Any nation who breaks the rules or over rides the rulings of the ICC shall be dealt with by the REC. In the words of Theodore Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." Justice will be the order of the day.

Lastly; We all have something to contribute in our own way. I encourage everyone to help where you can, get involved in the debates and have your say. Without you this region is nothing. You are important and you are valuable!

Thank you Member Nations.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Queen Alexis Anastasia Lutheran (Chancellor)
The United Kingdom of Lentheric

A new Cabinet was also appointed and sworn in by Lentheric . The ministers are:

Minister of Defence and Internal Affairs::Churchilland
Minister of Finance: GuatemalaCity
Minister of Foreign Affairs: BORDURIAA
Minister of Justice: Gennomia
Minister of Culture: Besate
Secy(Immigration): Noorderkwartier
Dy. Speaker: Helladria

The new Chancellor has laid stress on spreading the influence of the CoC and establishing long lasting relationships with like minded regions , while expanding it's membership and engaging in new RPs.

• 4 weeks later...

Foreign Dispatch, February 2013:

I. GFN refounded by CoC:

The past few days were very hectic. The Commonwealth of Crowns is pleased to announce that we could secure justice for the residents of the Global Federation of Nations, who were unceremoniously ejected by their erstwhile founder, City of New Global .
At the request of the GFN natives, led by Herlosk, the CoC refounded the region after it was abandoned  by it's past founder and thereafter ,GFN has been handed over to the natives. The native region of Herlosk was made Governor of the region. This  gave new lease of life to the GFN and earned the natives' praise.

In the events that followed, the past founder of GFN, Wiendonia, demanded that the CoC give back total control of the region to their nation. The threat of war loomed large on the region as Wiendonia did not wish to accept anything short of full founder control of the region.

The Chancellor of the CoC ,Lentheric pragmatically nominated a few members including Borduria, Belhorizon, Noorderkwartier and  REC observer Imperial Yamea to negotiate with Wiendonia in a specially created zone--The Cavern. Although Wiendonia tried to internationalize the issue, he could not get any support from any region.

Ultimately, breakthrough was achieved after initial failures in talks and Wiendonia accepted the Cavern Accord, which gave him an opportunity to revive the GFN and the founding nation would be controlled by CoC.

With the signing of the Accord, Chancellor Lentheric addressed the region as follows:-

Member Nations of The Commonwealth of Crowns

It is with a heart filled with gladness that I announce the end of a matter which had the region on edge. I am please to announce that Wiendonia has accepted our terms to a peaceful resolution allowing him the position of World Assembly Delegate of the Global Federation of Nations.

I acknowledge nations such as Belhorizon, Borduriaa, Noorderkwatier, The Quadruplet Alliance and many other nations who has selfilessly given their time to bring the matter to a peaceful resolution. Your hard work and dedication is much refreshing and I personally celebrate in YOUR victory. A victory that has captured and moved the hearts of many nations within the region. You have been passive, objective and humble while dealing with Wiendonia, this region and its Government, and I salute you for that.

I further would personally like to thank Wiendonia for accepting the proposal, thus brining an end to possible conflict. I look forward to forming relationships with the regions in question and I hope that you will live up to what you told us, that you will forget the past and move to grow the regions in a positive manner.

To the region I would like to say, that as your elected leader I will not apologize for asserting my authority as it is expected of me to not only lead by words, but by example as well. I look to you to take up arms in the event a member of the elected government does not fulfil his/her duty, a duty which is owed to you and a duty which is expected to be completed. The region's well being and security is my first priority and it shall be defended with whatever might I have. The Government might be in authority, but we are under your authority as well, and we cannot function unless you keep us accountable.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs along with the Deputy Minister will conduct further mediation between Wiendonia and The CoC to help Wiendonia restructure the regions.

I again wish them well and again I thank you all for your patience, hard work and dedication.

I now ask the region to do business as usual and for the Ministers to check the forum for your new duties. I will contact you individually for further discussions.

Yours in service to The Commonwealth

The Chancellor

Regional news:

Meanwhile in Crowns City, the official HQRs of CoC, the 3 member International Crowns Court (ICC) was elected  with Borduria as Chief Justice and Vetega and Oberseewald as member Judges.

The last few weeks saw the dramatic return of ex-CoC members back to CoC from OIS(Organization of Independent States) like San Monteriano, Skako, Alkoul, Wyethelania, Santa Cordova (Awaji) etc after their region's fall. It is noteworthy that the same members had formed the ILN after the split of 2011-12.

Membership hovered around the 110 figure after CTEs , defections supplemented by fresh recruits.

The Chancellor also reorganised the cabinet , by elevating the Secretary(Recruitment) to a full fledgd Ministry  with a deputy Minister (GuatemalaCity) reporting to it. The Ministry of Finance was also abolished.

Foreign Affairs

Talks are on with the like minded region, The Commonwealth of Kings, to have a Treaty of Mutual Defense . The refounded ILN also expressed an interest to come under CoC protection, which is being examined.

• 4 weeks later...

the_commonwealth_of_crowns__26799.png

Official Communique from the Commonwealth of Crowns

ELECTIONS !!

In our most recent, democratic election, the Ninth  Regional Executive Council came into being. This was a truly historic election: we had the highest voter turnout ever that reached over 37 participant nations,who picked between numerous qualified candidates running for each position. When the ballots were counted, Borduriaa was elected as our Chancellor; Noorderkwartier was elected as our Secretary-General, and Gennomia was elected as our Speaker. In this election, several cabinet positions were reconstituted and filled, which vastly expands our efficiency in dealing governmental operations.

The 9th REC:

(The Triumvirate)
Lord Chancellor-Delegate: Borduriaa
Lord Secretary General: Noorderkwartier
Lord Speaker: Gennomia

2963264453_fee9144f77_z.jpg?zz=1

Cabinet:

Minister(Foreign Affairs): Wyethalania
Minister(Defense): Vetega
Minister(Internal Affairs) and Prosecutor General: Antarctica territories
Minsiter( Finance): Lentheric
Minister(Culture): Alkoul
Secretary (Immigration): Rosko
Foreign Secretaries : Morvum, Momotsuu

Regional Growth:

This election came on the heels of unprecedented growth for the region, thanks to the almost single handed effort and dedication of Noorderkwartier. Our member nations increased by over fifty nations over the last few months. This was fostered by the implementation of rather advantageous recruiting mechanisms supported by the recent merger with the Organization of Independent States , had earlier evolved from the ILN, a region formed by CoC stalwarts. We hope to reach our population goal of 200 within a reasonably short amount of time. With such stalwart activity coursing through our regional veins, we shall endeavor to always remain what we are while seeking
to become closer to what we ought.

Legislation:

Speaking of which, numerous bills have recently passed through our Crown Assembly cementing and synergizing our way of living. To name a few, The Eligibility Criteria (Amendment Bill) , which stipulates nations running for the Regional Executive Council will no longer be discriminated by population but by regional residency, ensures we have the most dedicated members running for the REC; there is also the Monarchial Government Violation Act, which is at vote and provides channels through which non-monarchial governments may be dealt with legally within the CoC, safeguards our regional customs.

Role Plays:

In March 2013, We entered the realm of Sports RP thanks to the efforts of our new Culture Minister, Alkoul and these has been extremely successful .Many a RP is presently active in the forums of our region. the notable ones are CCAF Cup, Rugby Cupe ,CoC Champions League.
After the completion of the epic War RP on the Vetegan War (The fallout) ,other Political Roleplays have become immensely popular, the foremost being  The Fall of Heroes ,the Beginning of the Storm,The official Hunger Games,Space: the final frontier etc.

Thank you!