Regarding Recent Election Turmoil

I want everyone, supporting this change or otherwise, to recognize the genius here.

Imagine how much more we'd get done IRL if we could do this:

"We aren't getting anything done!"

*flips table* "F*ck it! Start over!"

"Okay!"

And theoretically the government gets better every time.

We might develop a perfect government eventually.

I think this is much ado about nothing, and I don't think it's fair to shout "NPO! NPO!!!!1!" every time Vlagh does something here. And that's from our resident fearmonger.  ;)

Had Vlagh declared Elegarth the Prime Minister and had he continued to serve until the end of June or whenever, that would have been a problem. As it stands, Elegarth chose to dissolve the Assembly in favor of a constitutional convention since it's clear after two deadlocked votes that the system that has been designed is very flawed. This gives everyone -- not just Vlagh and Elegarth, but Llamas, Consular, me, everyone -- the opportunity to participate in the convention. I'm not seeing the problem.

I haven't been here long but it's fairly clear that e-lawyering, as Elegarth put it, isn't going to get anyone very far. If it isn't practical, it isn't practical. Let's design something that works instead of spending several days more on something that doesn't.

I think this is much ado about nothing, and I don't think it's fair to shout "NPO! NPO!!!!1!" every time Vlagh does something here. And that's from our resident fearmonger.  ;)

Had Vlagh declared Elegarth the Prime Minister and had he continued to serve until the end of June or whenever, that would have been a problem. As it stands, Elegarth chose to dissolve the Assembly in favor of a constitutional convention since it's clear after two deadlocked votes that the system that has been designed is very flawed. This gives everyone -- not just Vlagh and Elegarth, but Llamas, Consular, me, everyone -- the opportunity to participate in the convention. I'm not seeing the problem.

I haven't been here long but it's fairly clear that e-lawyering, as Elegarth put it, isn't going to get anyone very far. If it isn't practical, it isn't practical. Let's design something that works instead of spending several days more on something that doesn't.

*would like but can't because of dang like quota"

I think this is much ado about nothing, and I don't think it's fair to shout "NPO! NPO!!!!1!" every time Vlagh does something here. And that's from our resident fearmonger. ;)

Thank you! That is the kind of attitude we need to build something worth building

Ahhhhh

While I'm flattered that people liked my idea, this gigantic abrupt mess what not entirely what I had in mind! D:

I was hoping to slowly work on other parts of my draft over a month, but I guess I'll do it faster now?

I suppose events dictate, so onwards.

I think a convention would be nice. It's interesting to note that perhaps since Dark's first run as TWP delegate we have consistently switched up the forum government about once every 1.5 years or so, maybe even less.

I've been out of commission the last few days (sick wife and kid) but I've got no problems with a reboot. It's typically the times where there is angst when, if harnessed properly, the best solution can be for lack of a better word, discovered. 

Let's do this!

EDIT: Looks like I missed a funtastic day today. LOL. Come on peeps let's keep it civil and push forward. With respect to people in our assembly who have affiliations outside TWP, many of us do. I'm a member of TNP. In this sense I am different from Vlagh because the same punkdaddy there is the same here. There is no character difference. TSP taught me years ago that it's a nearly impossible game to play without hurting people's feelings. And so I chose not to do it. Vlagh doesn't care about people's feelings and i mean no disrespect in that, just stating that people's feelings don't dictate his game. I, fortunately or not, cannot play in such a way. Again, no judgment on what's better or worse, just saying people play this game differently and many people have other entanglements outside TWP.

We can't go kicking people out of TWP because of that and we should really create a new government that's allows new people to join and has some sort of semblance to an active legislature.

I care about people's feelings.  It's just that sometimes the method in which I care is 'how much can I hurt their feelings'.

You must not know Unibot well then. 

This reaction seems in perfect keeping with his style.

Well, yes, is more of the fact that he has usually trusted my judgement, in general, PD, lol. But yes, it still surprised me.

Well, yes, is more of the fact that he has usually trusted my judgement, in general, PD, lol. But yes, it still surprised me.

Unibot sees the world through defender colored glasses. He trusted your judgment, or pretended to, because he believed the NPO was headed in a defender direction. Now that it clearly isn't, now that you are no longer involved with the NPO in any case, and now that you are prominent in The West Pacific which is an independent region, he has no use for you and is free to attack you through use of what is supposed to be The Rejected Realms' newspaper but is actually Unibot's propaganda rag.