After looking at the discussion in this thread it appears to me that the motion I am about to propose would have some support, so I decided to go for it. This is my first time doing something like this, so even if you disagree, be gentle with me please! 

The Holy Grand Assembly of The West Pacific,

Affirming our belief in the right of the people to choose their own delegate,

Declaring that this right should not be abridged,

Explicitly Including the importation of foreign votes as a means of abridging said rights,

Believing that this right has indeed been abridged by the New Lazarus Order (NLO) and New Pacficic Order (NPO) in Lazarus,

In order to avoid having our position compromised by ties with these regions and the imperialist policies they represent,

Hereby

Applauds the liberation of Lazarus,

Orders the closure of our forum embassies with The Pacific,

and

Formally Requests the closing of in-game embassies with The Pacific.

I oppose this, the current Delegate of Lazarus is the only recognizable governing agent.

Unless you're talking about the forum embassy, you all can vote on that if you wish.

I think it the Delegate's choice whether to have an in game Embassy or not.

I oppose this, the current Delegate of Lazarus is the only recognizable governing agent.

Unless you're talking about the forum embassy, you all can vote on that if you wish.

It refers to the forum, not in-game, embassy.

Full support, BTW, Rec. I think it's high time that we collectively showed the NPO what we're made of.  :twpflag:

Idiot me >_>

You want to propose we move this to formal discussion or want to have some informal discussion first?

Well, we can have some informal discussion. The difference is that changes can no longer be made during formal discussion, correct?

Well, our in-game embassy with Lazarus has already been closed, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to go from there to closing the forum embassy. (Which yes, I am talking about.) Right now the motion doesn't actually close our lazarus forum embassy, but gives control of it to the lazarene underground state. However, if simply closing the embassy would garner more support, I have no problem with that.

As for the one in-game embassy this affects, yes, it is the delegate's choice, but it seemed to me that Darkesia made it sound like she would listen to polite suggestions--not orders--from the HGA, which is exactly what this is.

I have it on good authority that some of the errors that have taken place in the handling of the Lazarus situation on the NPO side of things are being handled.

I believe TWP has maintained a good relationship with The Pacific for a long time now and personally do not wish to see that thrown away over what some in the NPO are calling an overreach by certain parties and a blatant clusterf*ck by others.

I second.

I believe TWP has maintained a good relationship with The Pacific for a long time now and personally do not wish to see that thrown away over what some in the NPO are calling an overreach by certain parties and a blatant clusterf*ck by others.

And this is why we need to push with the closure of embassies. We're not planning on closing them forever, just as a temporary retaliatory measure to show them we mean business. If we put the pressure on the Pacific by showing that this pointless belligerence will cause them to lose allies, we can force them to issue a formal apology and a written promise never to attempt to subvert another GCR's sovereignty again. After that is done, not before, we will reopen embassies.

"Until further notice, please Endorse Regent Pierconium instead of Feux.
There is going to be a lot of changes in the next few days, keep an eye on our forums, WFE and Regional TG's.
Disregard any other correspondence that is not from myself, Pierconium or Aleisyr."

Krull just sent this to every Pacific nation and posted it on the RMB

"Until further notice, please Endorse Regent Pierconium instead of Feux.

There is going to be a lot of changes in the next few days, keep an eye on our forums, WFE and Regional TG's.

Disregard any other correspondence that is not from myself, Pierconium or Aleisyr."

Krull just sent this to every Pacific nation and posted it on the RMB

Yes, it would appear that acting against the will of the Emperor has consequences in The Pacific.

I would suggest that we shelve any talk of closing our Embassies (plural if you'll notice) with The Pacific until we get a full accounting of the latest developments.

I think that our good friends will certainly share their corrective actions with us and with the NSverse in general as they work to rehabilitate their reputation that has been a bit damaged by these recent goings on.

I would suggest that we shelve any talk of closing our Embassies (plural if you'll notice) with The Pacific until we get a full accounting of the latest developments.

I think that our good friends will certainly share their corrective actions with us and with the NSverse in general as they work to rehabilitate their reputation that has been a bit damaged by these recent goings on.

I honestly second this motion. The issues seems to still be rolling and we don't yet have a full account of this.

I honestly second this motion. The issues seems to still be rolling and we don't yet have a full account of this.

This was I was originally hesitant to propose this motion myself. I have not been around long enough to get a good sense of whether or not TP were "our good friends" or not. It seemed not a little while ago. However, the more I hear new opinions, the more it appears to be to the contrary. If this does not get a third, I'm perfectly happy to let it sit here while the situation in TP develops.

There's no need for this, imo. 

In fact we could take this opportunity to build better relations with TP. I am sure they are in want of friends at the moment and since we are allies, could be a golden opportunity. 

My trust level is still low, but I always look to see how we can use a situation to better TWP. 

Well, it seemed earlier that this would have support, but it now appears ( http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=331828&start=175#p24330902as well as general reactions in this forum) that this has evaporated, or rather, perhaps, that it never existed at all. I will be the first to admit that I do not know much about our long-term relations with other regions. Therefore, I would like to withdraw my motion in the interests of community unity. (I seem to be the only one in disagreement on this issue anyways.)