UDL Response to Controversy

New Kervoskia

UDL Responds to Controversy

RobinHood.jpg

Is all really merry at the UDL?

27 January, 2013

Headquarters, United Defenders League. Discussions between high-ranking UDL officers imply that criticism of UDL leadership will be regarded as a personal attack. This comes amid rumors about turmoil within the defender organization.

Whether this is official policy is unclear but follows allegations that Unibot, UDL founder and Chief-of-the-Band, intimidated regional officials to vote against the Security Council resolution “Condemn the UDL”. Osiran Vizier of Foreign Affairs Lord Ravenclaw was one such official and voiced his frustrations to several UDL officers including Earth (Lieutenant and Chief of Culture) and Tim (Lieutenant).

An anonymous source gave PNN the following log.

01[05:21] <+LordRavenclaw> I was trying to do my job without hell, and he went completely off at me. 01[05:21] <+LordRavenclaw> For no sodding reason. 01[05:21] <+LordRavenclaw> There's no excuse for that.[05:22] <+ErfAway> He also apologized to you afterwards because he had lost his temper.[05:22] <+Tim> Yes, we get that. But to hate the entirety of the UDL for that?[05:22] <+Sovreignry> And so instead you hate Tim, Earth, and I for our association with him?[05:22] <+ErfAway> ^ this.[05:22] <+Tim> ^ 01[05:22] <+LordRavenclaw> Oh yes, I clearly hate Earth, Tim and yourself. 01[05:22] <+LordRavenclaw> Clearly.[05:22] <+ErfAway> you do realize we're UDL[05:22] <+Sovreignry> [21:23:38] <+LordRavenclaw> I just don't like the UDL, okay? 01[05:22] <+LordRavenclaw> I couldn't give a damn if you're UDL. 01[05:22] <+LordRavenclaw> And there a lot of difference between dislike and hate. 01[05:22] <+LordRavenclaw> I honestly suggest you look that up.[05:22] <+ErfAway> so..you dislike us?

Osiris ultimately abstained from voting, but controversy didn't end there. Earlier this month Tim, who serves as Sobek of the Medjai Guard (Osiris's military), refused an official request from Osiran allies Lazarus, Balder and The North Pacific for aid in a joint mission in Warzrone Europe, stating his position in the UDL takes precedence. Tim later made similar statements on IRC in #tnp. 

----

Written by New Kervoskia

The New Pacific Times: all the scandal that's fit to print

Proudly Part of PNN