Hello,

First of all, if you don't like stories and musings, glance at this cute picture and skip ahead to the last paragraph. :D

couptiem.jpg

I first started NationStates in January 2004 as Zemnaya Svoboda. I seem to remember founding it in The West Pacific and being intimidated by the number of nations around. An oceanic region containing thousands of nations struck me as unworkable to fit my Russian anticommunist revolutionary state into, so I moved to Eurasia (then founderless) before I could make an entry in nsdossier, waybackmachine, or any other reference I've checked. (If anyone good at NS archeology would like to help me check again sometime, I'd like that :) ). I stayed out of Gameplay (even permanently passwording my region in response to a telegrammed warning that invaders were considering it as a possible target) and was too intimidated to join The Meritocracy despite Max's posting a news post about it.

Much later, in the long-forgotten age of 2007, Eluvataran Archipelago was my nation in The West Pacific. If my memory does not betray me, I registered as a citizen on nosync, but declined to apply for Senate because I was never active enough to meet the posts per day requirement. Later, I refused to apply even though others with low posts per day were getting in out of principle :P

Originally, The West Pacific was a region that I vaguely liked but didn't have any particular attachment to. I appreciated that the government here organized COPS and enjoyed reading about your history and contextualizing it with TNP's. My friend in Taijitu, Limitless Events, was of The West Pacific, and it was mostly for his sake that I'd do things like provide the Internal Affairs ministry with a manual recruitment coordination tool or pay attention to the occasional discussion.

For those who don't know, the region I'm currently involved in that I got involved in the first is The North Pacific. My investment of time and energies there gives away that I love that place, its community, and its (perhaps peculiar) respect for freedom and justice.

Back in 2007 there was not inconsiderable overlap between TNP and TWP. Monte Ozarka, Tresville, Flemingovia, and Freedom and Pride were all citizens of both. For Monte Ozarka, I couldn't even tell which was more of her home. (Maybe others could). TNP and TWP were largely considered close, at least from the outside, having been allies in the ADN in the recent past, and both hosting defender militaries and supporting the freedom of individual nations.

My first moment of confusion or sadness regarding this region came in early 2008 when The West Pacific was neutral regarding Westwind's Crimson Order in The North Pacific. I'll confess being a bit upset and sad, even, when TAO, who I greatly respected, seemed to be telling us in TNP how to behave (the details dont' belong here, I think). I actually lost interest here, though, over all the confusion regarding The Empire in The East Pacific of late 2008 while I was TNP Delegate for the first time. (For those unfamiliar, that'd be as Zemnaya Svoboda). Nevertheless, I was sad to see the end of that government. At its height, it was in many ways to me an exemplar of what a feeder can do if people work together and build something.

From 2009 to 2011, I was.... mostly inactive. At some point, Eluvataran Archipelago, like most of my nations, ceased to exist. When I came back to activity, I started in Taijitu, and then The North Pacific. Unibot had helped with Taijitu's refounding effort and in my intervening musings I had come to wish to be a defender so I joined the United Defenders League as it was being created. There I got to know others who had been involved in The West Pacific in the past such as Harmoneia and (perhaps to a lesser extent) Goobergunchia.

From some distance, I have observed The West Pacific since 2011. Unfortunately this means I would usually pay attention to conflict. Conflict over Punk D's creation of the NationStates Republic. Conflict over revisions to that constitution. Running into TWP's position on the Milograd coup in the West Pacific. Et cetera. (However conversing with Hwehan or any Darkesian nation is always a pleasure.) I'm entirely aware that that perspective was limited, and hope to find out just how limited soon.

I'll be clear that with the time I've spent in TNP, tSP, and even TEP, I have a different mindset about large, founderless, regions than many here do. Nevertheless I think I will be able to find another home and stay out of unnecessary conflict as I'm told I'm good at listening.

After the NationStates IPO event, I determined a new permanent residence for Eluvataran Archipelago: The NationStates Community. I don't want to move it out of there, but I find another old nation of mine, El Sock has become suddenly homeless. It's my first GamePlay puppet, as it were, and I think it needs a home. If you don't mind me joining you, I'd like to bring it here.

To sum up a rather long story short, I'm Eluvatar (Taijitu), Zemnaya Svoboda (TNP), El Puppet (Lemuria), Eluvataran Outback (tSP), El Sock (Lazarus The West Pacific), Eluvataran Archipelago (The NationStates Community), and a number of other nations that you probably wouldn't really care about. I'd like to join your community, if you'll have me.

Regards,

~Eluvatar

Welcome back.

TAO and I have had many discussions ranging back to 05 about why the game was superior to the forum and I believe the Crimson Order is an extension of the evolving position we've had ever since then. I always enjoyed my associations with Mt. Ozarka, Limi, Flem, Tresville. I may have banjected Mt. O in the 06 purge, not sure, Limi too now that I think about it

I'm glad I've not seen F&P since 2008

Welcome to the strange and Exotic land of TWP!

I don't know about exotic but it's certainly shiny.

Welcome back.

TAO and I have had many discussions ranging back to 05 about why the game was superior to the forum and I believe the Crimson Order is an extension of the evolving position we've had ever since then. I always enjoyed my associations with Mt. Ozarka, Limi, Flem, Tresville. I may have banjected Mt. O in the 06 purge, not sure, Limi too now that I think about it

I'm glad I've not seen F&P since 2008

If your discussions fed into the Neutral Territory conference, then probably.

I interacted with "Lake Liberty" (Freedom and Pride) very, very little, so I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

I checked the s8 forums today for kicks, and F&P's posts made me smile the most. (not that I didn't laugh so hard at my posts as well though!)

:P

(also elu stop stalkinge me!)

I swear, when I started writing my hello post, it was just DYP here.

Welcome, Elu!

Who are you and why are you so familiar with me? :angry:

Welcome in, Mr. Eluvatar! I'm glad you decided to join the community, we can be silly but fun :P

Thank you Mr Elegarth. I just hope people don't confuse you and I too much.