Classic TWP Flag?

Unibot

That's cool. It's not unusual or anything for flags to remain persistent. NPO, TRR, TEP, TNP and TSP have all maintained the same flag for years. It's really only Lazarus that's kept shifting between designs. I was just asking because I've only ever seen the current design as a flying or rippling flag... most original flags were a bit less flashy.

This is the oldest copy of the flag I could find on my backups...it's first version I made that both sides accepted after Eli's first delegateship.

twpflag2.jpg

Gorgeous, Winni. When you say 'both sides' who do you mean and what year are we talking, if I might ask? :)

That was like...2006 I guess...Eli could retell the events far better than I can...I only got involved in TWP after Eli asked me to setup new forums on my server instead of the old Invision free S7 forums...

January of 2006, it was an adaption (theft) of an flag idea of one of the opposition types, or perhaps it was similar to what they were using already here in TWP and I just gave it to Winni to clean up.

I'm kinda color blind and not real impressed by that type stuff. :blush:

I was in a motel in Jackson, TN on a business trip and had just got back from happy hour, F&P insulted me for what was going to be the last time (it wasn't), I went banject crazy, and we abandoned the old forum. I banjected everyone with over 50 endos, except for clockwork isle and Faeya.

Heck I even banjected BBD, he came around though once he figured out I wasn't anti-community, I was just anti-jackass :ph34r: :ph34r:

January of 2006, it was an adaption (theft) of an flag idea of one of the opposition types, or perhaps it was similar to what they were using already here in TWP and I just gave it to Winni to clean up.

I'm kinda color blind and not real impressed by that type stuff. :blush:

I was in a motel in Jackson, TN on a business trip and had just got back from happy hour, F&P insulted me for what was going to be the last time (it wasn't), I went banject crazy, and we abandoned the old forum. I banjected everyone with over 50 endos, except for clockwork isle and Faeya.

Heck I even banjected BBD, he came around though once he figured out I wasn't anti-community, I was just anti-jackass :ph34r: :ph34r:

Damn, I would have liked to be here to get banjected :(

*nods*  I'd have to agree with that.  I don't recall anything prior.

This was the original flag of The West Pacific.  Just after its birth in April 2003, forces from the Atlantic Central Command, the military wing of what was then the first and preeminent military alliance of Nationstates, stormed the region. After a brief but bitter fight, the Atlantic prevailed. There was a struggle between the two commanders of that invasion -Reubenlucy and the Federation of Commercial Affairs- which bled over into The East Pacific, founded later. My memories of that are hazy now, though.

uPt36fk.gif

This was the original flag of The West Pacific.  Just after its birth in April 2003, forces from the Atlantic Central Command, the military wing of what was then the first and preeminent military alliance of Nationstates, stormed the region. After a brief but bitter fight, the Atlantic prevailed. There was a struggle between the two commanders of that invasion -Reubenlucy and the Federation of Commercial Affairs- which bled over into The East Pacific, founded later. My memories of that are hazy now, though.

uPt36fk.gif

Nice flag! Thanks for that. :)

• 2 weeks later...