Pour la Patrie Française – A Truly Revolutionary RP (OOC)

Llamas

JMeAUKC.png?2

The year is 1942. The Third Reich has swept through Europe like a deadly storm, destroying entire nations and peoples with ease. Poland was the first to fall, occupied by the Wehrmacht after less than a month of hostilities. The French army, grounded in its old tactics from the Great War, was the next to be defeated; in merely the space of a year, it already seemed that the Nazi war machine was unstoppable. Soon after, the stunning German advances in Russia make it seem as if nobody can prevent this newly-crowned superpower from conquering the rest of the continent.

But life must go on, even while the greatest war in history is being waged. Our story takes place in a region of Europe away from the war or, at the very least, from the official war: Sainte-Pierre, an industrial suburb of Vichy whose main source of employment is the production of war supplies. France may be conquered, but this has not stopped the fighting, as German occupiers and their French collaborator allies face off against such forces as the British-trained Special Operations Executive and must deal with staunch resistance from the populace.

The French Fatherland is poised on a knife’s end, and now, in this first official roleplay of the West Pacific Revolutionary Party, you must make a decision about what loyalty to the country means to you. Does it mean you must be faithful to the State, even unto death? Is loyalty about independence from foreign control, or about ensuring that the people are kept safe, even if this means submitting to an external force? Is loyalty about improving your compatriot’s well-being, or is it about strength and power for the nation? Pick, and pick wisely, for everything you do is Pour la Patrie Française - For the French Fatherland.

A Few Notes:

1. Keep it PG-13.

2. You will respect my rulings and the rulings of the relevant Revolutionary Party authorities. While you may appeal, you must accept that my word is final in this, as is the custom for an original poster in a RP.

3. The grand scale of WWII will play more or less as it did in real life. This isn’t an attempt to create an alternate-history “What if” scenario, it’s about exploring the emotions, conflicts, and lives of those who lived in the period and what it must have been like for them.

4. If you can, please sign up as one of the “Bad Guys.” Vichy French, Nazi German, etc. will all work. You see, when most people RP, they typically tend to try to RP as characters that are just like them. But this isn’t anywhere near as rewarding as stepping into someone else’s shoes, seeing what they’re like

5. DON'T WORRY IF YOU'RE A NEWCOMER! A major reason for my creating this is to get new people involved in RP, even if they've never done it before. If you ever need help writing an application, making a post, or doing anything else related to RP, just contact me and I'll gladly do it.

6. You do not need to be a part of TWP’s new Revolution to join this RP, although it is highly encouraged. You may sign up here. This RP is an official cultural activity of the Revolution, designed to inspire a renaissance of activity for the West Pacific and build up the fatherland’s strength.

And finally, the most important thing of all: Don’t Be Evil.

Application

Name: 

Allegiance: 

Brief Bio (A few paragraphs): 

Have you had any experience in RP? If so, describe: 

Application

Name: Jacques Miville

Allegiance: Vichy

Brief Bio (A few paragraphs): Jacques was born in Fribourg, Switzerland in 1903. He moved to Paris after being invited by his cousin, an officer in the Wehrmacht. After having taken France, the new regime needed help and Jacques was eager to lend a hand. He does, however, have his doubts about the treatment of Jews by the Germans, and is not as loyal as some other of his comrades. He is morally conflicted, but for now will fight as hard as he can for the cause he supports... for now.

Have you had any experience in RP? If so, describe: You know me, brah.

Application

Name: Jacques Miville
Allegiance: Vichy
Brief Bio (A few paragraphs): Jacques was born in Fribourg, Switzerland in 1903. He moved to Paris after being invited by his cousin, an officer in the Wehrmacht. After having taken France, the new regime needed help and Jacques was eager to lend a hand. He does, however, have his doubts about the treatment of Jews by the Germans, and is not as loyal as some other of his comrades. He is morally conflicted, but for now will fight as hard as he can for the cause he supports... for now.
Have you had any experience in RP? If so, describe: You know me, brah.

Accepted.

how about wickedly evil?

Sorry? If by that you mean if you can be a terrible person, sure, as long as it's believable and you don't do anything that may harm anyone under the age of 13, the age at which you may use NS.

Name: Oberst Franz von König

Allegiance: Schutzstaffel (SS)

Brief Bio (A few paragraphs): Franz was born in Königsberg, Prussia in 1904. In 1924, he joined the Reichswehr to serve his nation and follow in the steps of his father. When the Nazis took power, Franz was 29 years old and held the rank of Major in the SS. Soon after the conquest of France, Franz had been sent over (now at the rank of Oberst) to Vichy France to keep the Free French Forces in line and the newly captured country safely in the hands of his fatherland. He had known first hand of what is happening back home, and wished to change it but was too loyal to his nation. He instead believed that it would preserve the "Thousand Year Reich," and besides...why risk his high rank and chance of promotion? Armed with his trusty Walther P38, Franz is determined to do his duty and then some to his nation.

Have you had any experience in RP? If so, describe: Yes. Ikania knows me, and http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=282835 (I am Adderlingia)

Name: Oberst Franz von König

Allegiance: Schutzstaffel (SS)
Brief Bio (A few paragraphs): Franz was born in Königsberg, Prussia in 1904. In 1924, he joined the Reichswehr to serve his nation and follow in the steps of his father. When the Nazis took power, Franz was 29 years old and held the rank of Major in the SS. Soon after the conquest of France, Franz had been sent over (now at the rank of Oberst) to Paris to keep the Free French Forces in line and the newly captured city of Paris safely in the hands of his fatherland. He had known first hand of what is happening back home, and wished to change it but was too loyal to his nation. He instead believed that it would preserve the "Thousand Year Reich," and besides...why risk his high rank and chance of promotion? Armed with his trusty Walther P38, Franz is determined to do his duty and then some to his nation.
Have you had any experience in RP? If so, describe: Yes. Ikania knows me, and http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=282835 (I am Adderlingia)

One minor problem: The RP is set in a suburb of Vichy, which is halfway across the country from Paris. Fix that and you're good to go.

This seems very interesting, the only thing is that I have little to no idea about german or french life, (except that most germans like potatoes and hot dogs). So is it possible that I watch for a small amount of time. Then join?

I really had to resist just shouting out "CAPTAIN MURICA"

This seems very interesting, the only thing is that I have little to no idea about german or french life, (except that most germans like potatoes and hot dogs). So is it possible that I watch for a small amount of time. Then join?

I really had to resist just shouting out "CAPTAIN MURICA"

Sausages. Not hot dogs.

If all you need is information about the time period and the place, look at these articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_France

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France

However, there's no time limit for when you need to join by, so sure, you can look at a few posts after this starts.

• 2 weeks later...