The West Pacific Map

AndyNS

A few weeks back I excavated an old World Builder application that makes not-very-high-resolution maps using plate tectonics and other simulation logic.

If there's still interest in a map it wouldn't be much bother for me to make a few options for basic shapes to choose from to turn into a nice map.

Here's an example (lowres) map from the World Builder. (Again, I'd fancy such a map up a tiny bit before putting nations on it if there's interest).

M0zv1i4.gif

The dark greens are forests, golds are desert, yellow-greensare savannah, browns are steppe, greys are tundra/ice, and white overlays are mountains.

Alternatively maybe people are attached to the previous map. I don't know, so I ask.

Yes, that was me. I prefer #1. But it's less to do with the fact that it's "united" by itself, as much as I think the channels of water between the different continents in the maps which have more continents look somewhat unrealistic. Although much more geographically interesting.

That's my opinion, but don't let it weigh heavily. I'd say "I don't care," except that sounds a bit negative. I'll go with whatever you choose.

hi ! if the map is still active can i take seat number 32 (my lucky number) please ? and my colour is black

Sorry, but the map's not very active, unfortunately, and we have no Minister of Home Affairs to make a new one or regulate RP. :(

Just because I like orthographic projections, here. (Note that I'm not sure Nox's map--which I really like, by the way--goes all the way to the poles, although it appears to match up at either end. So it may be off a bit.)

Nox's map:

ab5tls.png

Eluvatar's map (option 1):

4qip02.png

original map:

29f7zbb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to throw my hat into the RP map world.
This is my take on The West Pacific. It is a work in progress and lists nations by their Capital City.
No boundaries will be marked and there is plenty of room to add other players/cities.

I myself, do not RP, however I will volunteer my time to try to keep this map updated on a regular basis if you all like it.

The cities currently listed are those of the old guardians, new guardians and a few rmb 'regulars' as well as past notable ex-guardians/delegates.

e8liJbY.jpg

Please use this grid overlay to indicate a spot on the map that may be desired by you as follows:

Count from the upper left most square down to provide the first coordinate.
Count from the left most square to the right the number of squares to the desired point on the map to provide the second coordinate.
Simple.

10y3Kah.jpg?1

Edited by Yy4u
I've added numbers & dots to the grid to make it easier(for you & me).

Ohhh! I has a plot!

Are you going to the doctor for that?

*edits*

Oh, I see what you meant!

Yes! Yes you do!

Blue New Midgard I believe, correct?

Should I provide a list of nations whose cities are on the map?

As long as I see interest in the map, I will update it and entertain 'additions'(land feature names).

I'd really like spot 35,21. My capital city name is Mad Town.

*shows Yy my ID* I'm old enough!

Noted and will be updated when I can get to my computer.

A list would be nice!

I'll try,lol.