Wintreath

God-Emperor

• 3 months later...

I hope that you all had a great holiday season and a happy New Years! Here's to another year of friendship between Wintreath and The West Pacific!

- Ambassador Colberius X

Happy New Years from your friends in Wintreath!

D5Is4Bw.jpg?1

Celebrating the new year with fireworks!

Greetings! I hope that you had a very happy holiday season. I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone in The West Pacific a very Happy New Years! This was a great year for Wintreath, in part because of the diplomatic ties we have forged together as regions, and I hope that the next brings even greater things for both our regions and the relations between them. While unfortunately I can't write a more personalized message for every region due to time constraints, I believe that each relationship we have has contributed to our success in some small or maybe not so small way, and I hope that you feel our friendship has contributed to yours as well! 

This was also the year that we launched our tourist program, and I would also like to thank thank anyone that visited us in the past year, whether it was for a festival, a game, or just touring the sights. I believe that when it comes to foreign affairs, interactions between communities are as important as interactions between leaders and diplomats. If the past year is any indication, I believe any interactions we have will only strengthen our relations as regions in the next year, and I hope we have the opportunity to host visitors for even more games and events this year.

Here's to hoping for all the best for the new year! 

9rffIwo.png

Inric Nordrim Kestar (Wintermoot I of Wintreath)
Monarch and Founder of Wintreath

• 5 weeks later...

Wintreath is once again holding a game of Werewolf, and all of our friends are invited to join! I've participated in several rounds myself, and it's always a lot of fun.  Here's a message from our Jarl of Culture, who's organizing this round:

Hey there everyone, Pengu here with an announcement from our super special host of Werewolf VI: Chesty!

chesty_by_sweettartslover-d5ivuw2.png

Hello there potential Super best friends!  Chesty here to say hello and hope that you'll take part in a super special game of werewolf, where everyone will compete to be Chesty's Ultra Super Special Best Friend of All Time!  For this game, my new potential super best friends will decide how the game goes, right down to deciding who will be fighting who...or what!  You should come on down and join in some of the glorious carnage so that you can be my new super best friend and even get a special medal!  Oh...and I love to kill people...I hope that's alright?

You heard it there from Chesty folks, this game should prove to be quite interesting since the players themselves will choose how it will go right down to the last detail.  It's Werewolf VI: Choose your Own Werewolf!  I hope you'll stop by the signups thread (found here) and take part!  Signups will close on February 9th.  I hope to see you there!

hfhfghfghfg.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Frozen Realm of Wintreath

The Monthly Report - February 2016

Site: wintreath.com

ur14v9r.jpg?1

This is the monthly report

Gives you the long and the short
Every grunt, roar, and snort
Not a tale we distort

On the monthly report

The Monthly Report is a new publication meant to give our residents, Citizens, and friends a snapshot of the current state of the region and all the recent events that have went on over the past month. It's meant to be a quick and easy read, to supplement our other publications, The Frozen Realm Record (internal) and The Orendi (external). We hope you will find this report informative and interesting! The Monthly Report was inspired by the 10000 Islands Monthly Emissary Update.

Demographics and Activity
As of 1 February 2016
Nations: 484
Citizens: 98
Delegate Endorsements: 52
January Avatar of the Month: Star Wars
January Game of the Month: Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
December Wintreath's Finest: Laurentus
2015 Wintreath's Finest: Laurentus

Government
The Monarchy (Executive)
Monarch: Wintermoot
Prince: Chanku
Jarls: Pengu (Culture), Chanku (Defense), Wintermoot (Foreign Affairs), HannahB (Information), Point Breeze (Integration), Reon (WA Affairs)
Thanes: Sapphiron (Culture), Reon (Culture), Point Breeze (WA Affairs)

The Storting (Legislature)
Underhusen Speaker: Sapphiron
Underhusen Skrifa: taulover, HannahB, Laurentus, Barnes, BraveSirRobin

Overhusen Chairman: Wuufu
Overhusen Peers: Wintermoot, Joshua Bluteisen, Colberius X

January Message Activity
January Forum Posts: 3,396 (+185% from January 2015)
January Forum Topics: 94 (+24% from January 2015)
January RMB Posts: 190 (+129% from January 2015)

January Top Ten Topics
9. Count to 1000 - 84 posts
8. Count to 2000 - 109 posts
6. Last Letter Game - 151 posts
5. Frostbite Tavern - 151 posts
3. Word Association - 184 posts

January Top Ten Posters
10. Chanku - 136 posts
9. xXTheHydraXx - 146 posts
8. tatte - 156 posts
7. North - 186 posts
6. Sapphiron - 216 posts
5. BraveSirRobin - 216 posts
4. Wintermoot - 293 posts
3. Rasdanation - 297 posts
2. taulover - 302 posts
1. Govindia - 478 posts

Regional News

January Recruitment
Manual Telegrams Sent: 9611
Manual Recruited Nations: 90
Manual Average Success Rate: 0.94%

Top Recruiters
Wintermoot - 7673 telegrams
Gerrick - 1871 telegrams
RedRevenant/Sci - 37 telegrams
xXTheHydraXx - 30 telegrams

• 1 month later...
Greetings, West Pacific!

After the shocking success of our previous Werewolf game, we're inviting all our friends to the next one, and for the first time, it will be co-hosted by one of our Thanes of Culture, Laurentus, and our Jarl of Integration, Point Breeze! We could go on to explain what the theme will be, but we are of the belief that the premise will be a dead-giveaway. :)

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY.

It is a time of peace and prosperity in the Galactic Republic. The Jedi Order is firm in their belief that democracy has been secured, even amid all the conflicts that occasionally arise.

On a small garden world named Nika, events are unfolding that deeply disturb the handful of Jedi sent to investigate when contact is lost with the only large settlement known as Hatfield, and the distress beacon is activated. It is well known that the settlement lies on a recently-awakened volcano, and that the power estimated to be released when the volcano goes off will be more than enough to destroy the massive city. If this is what happened, however, why didn't the seismic detectors alert the settlers to the danger, and how could someone have activated the distress beacon?

Meanwhile, the long-dormant Brotherhood of Darkness await the arrival of the hated Jedi, and prepare to strike a blow that will change the course of galactic history.

We hope to see a lot of new faces there, and we even have a fully-functioning X-Wing starfighter up for grabs to the winners. The only catch is that you'll have to be encased in Carbonite for a few thousand years so we can build it.  Just remember to sign up before 31 March, or you'll be thrown to a Rancor.  :D

I really hope you'll consider joining us for what's sure to be an amazing game!

• 2 months later...

Greetings! Colberius X has presumably become busy with real life, so I will be posting this one. :P

Before you is a coded message, created for you to solve. More information will become available if you can solve it. Good luck!

KSFFTADKG,

AE YCU HSF SFHZADK TLAG TLFD TLHT PFHDG YCUS SFKACD LHG HD FPIHGGY WATL WADTSFHTL HDZ YCU LHVF ZFBCZFZ CUS PFGGHKF. WF HSF TSYADK GCPFTLADK DFW AD CSZFS TC KAVF CUS FPIHGGAFG PCSF JUSJCGF.

TC TLHT FDZ, WF LHVF GFDT YCU H BCZFZ PFGGHKF TC FXJOHAD TLAG DFW ADATAHTAVF. WF HSF LCJADK YCU WAOO FDMCY TLAG HG WF BLHOOFDKF YCUS PADZG HDZ GTAPUOHTF YCUS TLCUKLTG. TLAG EASGT CDF AG NADZ CE H ESFFIY, GCPFTLADK DCT RUATF GC BCPJOFX. LCWFVFS CDBF FVFSY PCDTL WF WAOO IF JCGTADK HDCTLFS JUQQOF ECS YCU. TLF PFTLCZG UGFZ WAOO DCT HOWHYG IF TLF GHPF HG WLHT YCU GFF IFECSF YCU. PCSF TLHD TLHT, TLFY WAOO HOGC IF PCSF BCPJOFX CS BCDTHADADK PUOTAJOF GTFJG. WF ZAZ DCT WAGL TC CVFSWLFOP CS ZAGBCUSHKF HDYCDF ESCP JHSTABAJHTADK AD TLAG IY PHNADK AT FXTSFPFOY ZAEEABUOT IFECSF YCU LHVF IFBCPF HBBUGTCPFZ TC WLHT WAOO IF HLFHZ. TLAG PFGGHKF PHY GAPJOY IF BCZFZ, IUT HG TLF PCDTLG KC CD TLFSF WAOO IF PCSF TLHD MUGT BCZFZ TFXT HDZ YCU WAOO LHVF TC TLADN LHSZFS, IF PCSF BSFHTAVF HDZ JCGGAIOY JUGL JHGT YCUS JSFBCDBFAVFZ DCTACDG CE WLHT YCU HSF BHJHIOF CE. ZC LHVF EUD HDZ WCSN TCKFTLFS HG H SFKACD AD CSZFS TC PCVF ECSWHSZ!

AD KCCZ EHATL,

TLF ESCQFD QFIHJ CE WADTSFHTL

SPOILER ALERT - Don't look down if you want to decode it on your own

greetings,

if you are reading this then that means your region has an embassy with wintreath and you have decoded our message. we are trying something new in order to give our embassies more purpose.

to that end, we have sent you a coded message to explain this new initiative. we are hoping you will enjoy this as we challenge your minds and stimulate your thoughts. this first one is kind of a freeby, something not quite so complex. however once every month we will be posting another puzzle for you. the methods used will not always be the same as what you see before you. more than that, they will also be more complex or containing multiple steps. we did not wish to overwhelm or discourage anyone from participating in this by making it extremely difficult before you have become accustomed to what will be ahead. this message may simply be coded, but as the months go on there will be more than just coded text and you will have to think harder, be more creative and possibly push past your preconceived notions of what you are capable of. do have fun and work together as a region in order to move forward!

in good faith,
the frozen zebap of wintreath

Before you is ANOTHER coded message, one you may find more difficult to solve but will certainly take you places if you do! Good luck. ;)

3NNqnKI.png

We're thrilled that so many regions enjoyed the last puzzle. I hope that you will enjoy this one as well. :)

PS: With Colberius having gone awol for awhile now, we may be sending a new ambassador your way soon. :)

Before you is ANOTHER coded message, one you may find more difficult to solve but will certainly take you places if you do! Good luck. ;)

3NNqnKI.png

We're thrilled that so many regions enjoyed the last puzzle. I hope that you will enjoy this one as well. :)

PS: With Colberius having gone awol for awhile now, we may be sending a new ambassador your way soon. :)

Do we get any clue? :P

• 4 weeks later...
Hey there, West Pacific! We here at Wintreath are hosting a game of Werewolf and you're invited! The theme is Mafia and the host is Wintreath's own North! If treachery, mistrust, intrigue and paranoia is your thing, I suggest professional counseling and a nice game of werewolf! So come on down and join in today! Link: http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=3753.0

Welcome to this thing of ours, friend. A few things you should know. First, trust no one. Everyone can and will back stab you. I mean everyone. Keep on your toes. Cops and Informants are everywhere these days, so don't let your guard down. Last, look out for number one. Survive. Everything else is just... dust in the wind, ya know? Do whatever it takes to make it. Whatever it takes.

Welcome to the family, friend.....