RP Helpdesk and Q&A

Terran Borealis

As one of the new Ministers or Make-Believe, I though that I should revive this subforum. This will be a Q&A and helpdesk. If you have an RP question, please ask.

Here in the RP Subforum we will have five kinds of RP threads, and please tag them as such: Storefront International Incident, Sports, Factbook, or Multiverse. A storefront is a thread where you sell goods and services for a specified amount of currency (the standard you should use is the Western Pacific Chocolate Coin, where 1 WPCC [€] = 1 USD [$]). An international incident is a thread where nations interact as nations (such as war, treaties, etc.). A sports thread is exactly what it sounds like. A Factbook is where you can ask a question about other nations or post interesting info about your nation. And a multiverse thread is where we as people RP as non-nations. If you have an International Incident, a Miltiverse thread, or a sports thread, please put in the title if it is Signups, Out Of Character Discussion (OOC), or In Chracter Role-Play (IC), and whether it is Open or Closed.

Question 1: could you or someone please start something and then tell us what we are supposed to respond with... or not? lol

When I look at some RPs it's like they are not meant for others to participate.

Sure.

When you post an IntInc or Multi, please tag it with Signups, OOC, or IC. AND put [OPEN] or [CLOSED] in the title.

uuh...  here is how that sentence looks to me:

When you post an Fish or Frog, please tag it with Aardvark, OOC (but in what context I don't know) or IC, AND put [OPEN] or [Closed] in the title because... um...  yeah.  Because you said so?

I really don't think you took me seriously when I said we don't know how to RP. :P

Question 2: How would you teach a 7 year old how to roleplay?

I shall make a glossary today!(tomorrow) but after sleep. HEre are the most important terms for now:

RP: Roleplay

IC: In Character

OOC: Out of Character

Tag: When someone responds(In a couple of RPs I'm a part of, this is how we tell other people they should respond here)

About it for now. I'd like to do an IRC meeting with the other Minister to be able to compile a list together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am semi-reviving this by noting that should anybody need any help with RP, be it making a post, creating an application, learning some terms, or whatever, they can ask me either on this thread or by messaging me here.

• 4 weeks later...