Lone Wolves United

Westwind

• 1 month later...

vY4leHi.gif

LONE WOLVES UNITED | D.E.E.R. PRESS RELEASE
                                                                                                                                                                 "The legs feed the Wolf"
                                                                                                                                                                          JULY 2016
                                                                                                                                                         Region Link - | - Forums Link

NS Gameplay Embassy Link - | - Update archive (viewable by all)

T315nJi.gif

A Shenanigan Too Far

oFoPz6b.png

The Shining Empire

What started off as a simple training operation for new recruits took a sudden and unexpected turn when Commander Knot of The Invaders - with Benevolent Thomas hot on his heels - stormed into The Shining Empire as soon as the wolves jumped, juking the warden in the process. Realizing that he was had, Thomas endorsed the native delegate initially, but they were woefully inactive, so he opted to endorse someone else. Ultimately, he found his way to a suspiciously fascist-looking nation. He later withdrew the endorsement and resigned WA on his puppet, demanding to know who was leading the other operation in IRC. 

"How to properly oppress a region" ft. Klopstock - Taco Radiation

The wolves held their position within the region overnight, managing to sneak away with the Delegacy during minor. Later that day at major, TITO invaded the region and then proceeded to show us the finer points of subjugating regions. By sending in almost four times the amount of endorsements - 6 to 22 - XKI had one goal in mind: complete control. In a last-minute satirical gambit devised by Scardino, the World Factbook Entry was changed with all mention of 'Lone Wolves United' replaced with 10000 Islands. 'Wolves' with Taco. The forum link was also changed to reflect this. In short: XKI and Klopstock were outraged and went to our Embassy in Gameplay to complain after reporting it as malicious impersonation: for good measure, of course. 

Klopstock believed that he had caught us red-handed in the act on the NationStates forums, when in reality we were not even aware of his post until well after having changed it back to the original message of our own accord. However, we were essentially let go with a clear warning not to repeat this in the future. Lone Wolves United stands by the factual accuracy of the World Factbook Entry.

492S3FF.gif

Klopstock upon reading the changed World Factbook Entry.

In the end, Klopstock was denied the cherry on top of his operation and the icing was clearly flavored to our liking. 

Ultima Thule

Thule was a standard operation noteworthy for being the first raid in modern times where Khalif Dream Killers was point. Defenders did not try and stop us initially, conserving their strength instead for the next minor where they missed the target by milliseconds thanks to variance. They managed to take the region back at major when XKI jumped into the fray, determined to make up for the blunder in The Shining Empire. 7 banjections were counted for, and it was a good raid overall. 

Coalition of Sovereign Nations

The year-long silence in the Coalition of Sovereign Nations was trampled as a voracious flock of sheep broke free from a nearby pen, causing chaos and destabilizing the region. Reports from across NationStates confirm that various regions fell victim to sightings of unsolicited sheep visits. The premier containment organization, SHEEP PEN, is dangerously understaffed and overworked. Leading experts in the field fear that this may only be the beginning of a much larger, global event affecting all sheep within the World. 

Baa, baa, black sheep,

Have you any wool?
Yes, sir, yes, sir,
Three bags full;
One for the master,
And one for the dame,
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane.

wUEkIXp.jpg

What every region shares in common. Note the color of the curtain and the frilly bottom. This varies.

Lone Wolves United, with the support of Unknown and The Black Hawks under the cover of darkness, exploited the confusion during major to assault the Coalition of Sovereign Nations with cute and cuddly weapons of mass deception. The native delegate with over one year in office, Magonia, was conscripted to help round up the sheep but in the process left the curtain to the regional control booth open. Calamity ensued when the head sheep, Baa Baa Black, took ownership. The safety patrol scrambled to react in time but were forced to regroup and watch the shenanigans from afar. Our fun was ended prematurely when the founder decided to come back and restore order.

iG5dK00.png

Little Bo-peep fell fast asleep,
and dreamt she heard them bleating;
but when she awoke, she found it a joke,
for they were still a-fleeting.
Then up she took her little crook,
determined for to find them;
she found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed,
for they'd left their tails behind them.
It happened one day, as Bo-peep did stray
into a meadow hard by,
there she spied their tails side by side,
all hung on a tree to dry.
She heaved a sigh and wiped her eye,
and over the hillocks went rambling,
and tried what she could, as a shepherdess should,
to tack each again to its lambkin

THE MYTH. THE LEGEND. THE MININEENEE.
"She is larger than life."

This is the first installment of a new segment for our updates that revolves around interviewing individuals within Lone Wolves United. Each month we will sit down with a member of the region and talk about their history in NationStates as well as what they envision the future to be. We invite anyone interested to submit proposals for candidates to be interviewed by sending a telegram to Dream Killers in game with the name(s) of the individual you would like to know more about. 

mEZ9iXd.jpg

Does this look like the face of mercy?

DK: When did you start playing NationStates?

Nee: Late 2003. I am not sure if I got active in 2003 or 2004, but the nation was created in late 2003.

DK: How did you find NationStates originally?

Nee: I actually found Nationstates from using Fark. I never joined up with Farkers or anything, but that is where I originally found the link.

DK: What region(s) did you initially get involved in?

Nee: The West Pacific.

DK: Was there something specific that inspired you to get active within that region?

Nee: That's where my nation spawned, and I stuck around.

DK: So, how did you come about joining Lone Wolves United?

Nee: I was sort of not really anywhere, and Scar suggested that if I wanted, I could give LWU a try. I took him up on it, and am very glad I did.

DK: If you had to choose a title to call yourself, what would it be?

Nee: Formally speaking, one of my personas is an Empress. But in general terms, I'm just Nee. I have a list of lulzy titles put together by Dali with help from Biyah and maybe Wham. if you'd like to pick one off there :-P

Her Imperial Wickedness the Imperatrix Neenee,
Dark Queen of the Wine
Corrupter of the Innocent
Temptress of the Pure
Glitter Terrorist of the First Degree
High War Criminal
Guardian of Closets
Keeper of the Dungeon Keys
Scourge of the Unenlightened
Evil Woman
Former Tyrantess of The West Pacific and The East Pacific
Discordian Mistress
Instigator of Schemes
Dominatrix Ghetto Valleygirl
Daughter of The Wicked Witch of The West
Thief of the Lifeforce
Walking Statistical Anomally
Breaker of Spirits

DK: One of your titles is 'Glitter Terrorist of the First Degree'. I expect you to give Elindra a run for her money one of these days.

Nee: I started the glitter thing.

DK: I should sneak you into the Unknown regional chat - let you commit some acts of terror.

Nee: Hah. I've mellowed, I'm far less terrible now. Mostly. Depending on who you ask.

DK: What is your most memorable moment in NationStates so far?

Nee: Probably when we took and held The East Pacific. That was fun.

DK: Could you tell me more about that?

Nee: Myself and a small group of others I trusted entirely took the Delegacy of TEP away from Gnidrah, through a use of good planning, endorsing, an anti-endorsement campaign, Gatesville backup, and bold-faced lying. I became the delegate as Lady Phedre. We were called The Empire. The identities of the individuals involved were not known at the time, we all took false names. This was 8 years ago. Gatesville was actually so super helpful. And Gates was wonderful.

DK: Who was involved in this Empire of yours?

Nee: I'll doublecheck to see which names were officially revealed, but the generally most often noted members were me, Dali, NK, and Biyah. Those are the names still associated with it today, even though it's not active. The other names involved and who did come out, so to speak, were Evil Wolf, Nai, and Ivan.

DK: Is there a story behind the name of your main nation, Minineenee, or that of your name, Neenee?

Nee: At the time when I went to create a nation, I couldn't make Neenee, so I added a Mini in front of it, because IRL jokes about me being a mini version of my mother. The Neenee half of the main nation name is actually a RL nickname. People started calling me Neenee or Nee because Minineenee is kinda long, I guess.

DK: What is life like as an established Feederite?

Nee: Enjoyable. I always saw the feeders as the places to be, and I came up at the right time for it, I think. There was always something going on, and I knew someone everywhere. Due to me coming and going a time or two, I know fewer people now, and am not as familiar with all the feeders, but I still feel a love for them.

DK: Would you say that it was a family of sorts?

Nee: It so much was. The extent to which depended on the region. I am from TWP. That place always had a family feel to me.

DK: Does this, in your opinion, translate to UCRs? Or is it generally something more present in GCRs?

Nee: It can translate to UCRs. Equilism is the best example I can think of for that.

DK: Time for a question of utmost importance and I need it answered truthfully . . . do you have a favorite color?

Nee: Purple.

DK: If you had to choose a song that would be declared as your "theme song" what would it be?

Nee: When You're Evil, by Voltaire >_>

DK: Hahahahahaha. You know, I almost put that in the last update as the hidden video.

Nee: Hahahaha. My brother played it for me, the first time I heard it and told me "I found your song".

Nee: The other song that came to mind . . . Did you watch Galavant?

DK: That does not ring a bell. I have a major backlog of things to watch.

Nee: ...I could show you the song, but it occurs at the end of the first season.

DK: Well, for the sake of the update I am fine with you spoiling that.

Nee: This would be Empire-era Nee >_>

DK: What is your favorite part about raiding?

Nee: I'm not sure, there's something fun about taking stuff, though. I don't know that I've been doing it long enough to have a favorite part. I'm sort of just appreciating the whole thing.

DK: If you could do anything you wanted in NationStates without consequences, what would it be?

Nee: That's hard to answer, because I'll do most things even knowing the consequences. >_>

DK: If you had to guess, what do you think your future in NationStates will be? Or, alternatively - What kind of future do you want in NationStates?

Nee: For myself?

DK: Either for yourself or just in general. Whichever one appeals more to you.

Nee: May I give my answer in the form of a picture?

DK: Of course!

iGlMXHq.jpg

DK: So you are going to burn a Game of Thrones region to the ground, steal their replica Iron Throne and laugh?

Nee: That's not seriously what came across with that, is it? :-P

DK: Oh no, I am just being a smartass. It is quite clear.

Nee: Good ^ _ ^

A major thank you to NeeNee for agreeing to this interview and telling me their history. I enjoyed learning more about such a memorable NationStates player and I hope others enjoy the story too.

AROUND THE REGION
Or thereabouts . . .

New domain name

We recently acquired the domain name LoneWolvesUnited.com and as such this will directly link to our forums now! Yay! Wooooo!

Disney cameos in NationStates?
Main article link; Credit: Elindra Kshrlmnt

Suddenly Disney. You may have noticed many Gameplayers on Skype changing their display pictures or their forum avatars to that of Disney characters recently. This is in response to a post on the NationStates Gameplay forums made by Elindra Kshrlmnt of Unknown that contains a list compiled by NeeNee, Anerastreia, and Greyghost. Notable players from throughout the game were compared to various Disney characters based on a plethora of criteria considered strictly top-secret within the small development team. 

TL;DR

We raided a few places, made Klopstock cry to the mods, changed our forum domain name, were turned into Disney characters, and had a pleasant interview with the legendary Glitter Terrorist of the First Degree, Dark Queen of the Wine, Instigator of Schemes - NeeNee!

PFMEROZ.gif

"Smashing!" - Evil Wolf

dVnB9hF.gif

This dispatch has been brought to you by the magical Department of External Established Relations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2oyTA16.gif

"The Pack strikes as One"

AUGUST 2016

Region Link - | - Forums Link

NS Gameplay Embassy Link - | - Update archive (viewable by all)

Official YouTube Channel - | - Official Discord Server

ulTiX28.gif

"Supreme Leader" 'The Duke' Scardino with supporters celebrating.

A NEW HOPE FOR LONE WOLVES UNITED?

SHOCK AND AWE ensued as supporters loyal to Scardino stormed the LWU Command center while Evil Wolf was busy hitting up a bar somewhere in the Pacifics. In a self-described "bloodless" coup, the legendary crasher region succumbed to fenda influence with dissidents exiled under pain of death. Allied observers noted that Supreme Leader "The Duke" Scardino had supposedly planned this since returning earlier this year, having waited until the military was assisting The Black Hawks abroad in Heroes Rise. With the bulk of loyalist forces offsite -- and in the momentary absence of the Il-Khans -- the stage was set for what would later be portrayed as one of the most critically-acclaimed atrocities Raiderdom has witnessed within the last few months.

Scardino then took to the region's Skype and Discord chats ensuring that his iron-fisted reign extended across all mediums available to him, plus more. Stripping the leaderless Khalifs of authority, he continued to seize power over all forms of communication between Lone Wolves United and the outside world. By altering the World Factbook Entry with the tinctures, blazons and flourishes typically found on the escutcheons (and balloon swords) of fendas, a new age of moralism and white knighthood was announced to all.

Somewhere... in the middle of nowhere...

Author: Mahtiel

Lady Beta General Hospital

August 19 2016 CE

05:26 AM

Incoming Call

A younger woman, dressed in teal scrubs, was mopping the floor and sighed as soon as she heard the first dial tone.  "This better not be one of those kids again; they usually call at this time", she thought as she caught her colleague, Snow, passing through the adjacent hallway. "Snow!" she called, grinning.  "Can you answer the phone? My hands are kinda full, you see?"

Snow looked up from her trolley of dirty bedding and snorted cheekily: "Shut up, Mahtiel... you lazy little ducky..." And with that, she continued on to the laundry room, stopping only to plug in her iPod on full blast, bopping and bobbing to the clearly-audible tunes.  And just as the dial tone began, it ended just as quickly: well, it seemed it was one of those kids after all... right?

But it was not to be.  The phone started ringing again, and a disgruntled Mahtiel dropped her mop on the floor and picked up the call.

"Hello.  This is Mahtiel from Lady Beta General Hospital speaking.  How can I help you?" replied Mahtiel as calmly as she could, trying hard to ignore the static on the other end... and explosions?

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY IN DEER'S GOVERNMENTAL OFFICES!" shouted the caller frantically, as if no jimmy in his body had been left unrustled.

"What? Can you please be specific? What happened?"

"SCARDINO HAS COUPED THE PLACE!"

"No shit, you're kidding me, right?"

"NO! THE PLACE'S UNDER ATTACK BY----"

Call Signal Intercepted

"Supreme Leader "The Duke" Scardino" sung a slick, deep voice, echoing throughout the hall on the receiver's end...

"S-s-s-s-scardino?!" trembled a wide-eyed Mahtiel, panicking.  "Are... are you alright there?!"

Overhead Speakers Hotwired

yH7yj6k.gif

The longest-running bastion of Raiderdom is finally crushed by fenda-aligned forces.

Hello, wolves. You have reached the end of the road. The road of raiderdom, that is. We must turn back.  Now. The road of raiderdom is the road of scavengers. The road of defenderdom is the road of kings. The road of honour. The road of morals and stability in a land of kicked sandcastles and broken thrones. Desert your fruitless road, and follow the one true road: defend with me, in the archipelagic lands numbering islets in their tens of thousands.

Your precious media offices have been burned to the ground: the brews in The Drunken Bitch Bar are particularly inflammable, I must add. After all, that is the cost of not getting a little bit Genghis Khan by playing Miike Snow's tunes on loop. And you paid the price in smoke, cinderblocks and pink batts. But no blood. Definitely no blood this time round.

You have two options:

1. Join me and cease to exist in the midst of battle honourably against raiders.

2. Refuse and cease to exist from the hearts and minds of everyone here.

And to top off this radical change of heart, Scardino took it one step further by petitioning the World Assembly's august Security Council for a commendation of Lone Wolves United to immortalize the moment he saw the brilliant, purifying light of defenderdom (and his subsequent night-blindness). After haranguing Secretary-General Caelapses amidst a stampeding horde of ballot-stuffing super-delegates, the proposal to Commend Lone Wolves United was put up for vote. Some people wondered at the sight, others wept.

xSsZ7jW.png

Evil Wolf having a blast during Scardino's coup.

While the WASC Commendation was up for vote forces loyal to Evil Wolf, Anera, and Abenthy along with elements of Raiderdom began the march against Scardino. His twisted, and malformed monstrosity that was the new "Lone Wolves United" appalled those who once called it home. Scardino knew that he needed to solidify his hold on the region soon. Organizing his forces, he set out upon Eternal Scholars, an outpost that had suspected ties to raiders, in hopes that he could discover the location of the resistance to destroy them once and for all. Unaware of the impending attack and reluctant to trust outsiders, the peaceful natives of the relatively sleepy backwater ignored all communications warning them of Scardino and his forces being in the area.

The battle was over before it started.

Scardino-backed forces from the 'reformed' Lone Wolves United and several other defender-aligned regions blitzed Eternal Scholars searching for raiders and information on the hidden base from which they had been operating out of. Outcry from around the World on the actions of LWU and that of Scardino started to pour in which ultimately began to affect the vote of the region's pending commendation. The linchpin of his success, it was absolutely mandatory that it passed for stability as well as legitimacy in his rule. Forcing thousands of indentured, raider-aligned prisoners to mass produce telegrams as penitence for their past actions; he organized a vast logistic supply network that sent out private messages to every World Assembly delegate in the World in an effort to rally support to LWU's newfound cause.

Just as things started to look up for Scardino, Evil Wolf stumbled back into Lone Wolves United carrying a half-finished bottle of Military Special and, slurring his words, told Scardino to knock it off. Scardino, enraged that a raider would speak to him in such a fashion, knocked the bottle out of Evil Wolf's hand. An epic battle took place that lasted 40 days and 40 nights. Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByHX_sox-4U

4i4I4o9.png

Scar insists that he got several solid hits on him before he blacked out in a fit of rage.

As the coup was squashed, Scardino's Security Council proposal, "Commend Lone Wolves United", was narrowly defeated 12,434 votes to 2,580. Voting fraud in several key regions has been called into question and World Assembly authorities are currently investigating potential abuse. With the return of Evil Wolf normalcy has once again taken hold within Lone Wolves United and everything is right in the World. Scardino's whereabouts are currently unknown, but it is believed that he survived the encounter and may be hiding somewhere this very moment plotting his revenge.  

3ksyaFA.png

The often nail-biting vote was at numerous times too close to call as desperate onlookers scrambled to change their bets accordingly.

AMID END-OF-SUMMER WOES; DISCORD GRIPS LONE WOLVES UNITED

>> Click here to join our Discord server! <<

Over the past month Lone Wolves United has slowly made the transition from Skype to the popular communication solution Discord. Our server is setup to accommodate NationStates players from numerous communities and we welcome you to come on down and check it out. We currently have over 50 members and are growing everyday. Our goal is to cultivate the server around the community promoting a friendly, laid back and mature environment for all to enjoy. In addition to various server utilities named after historical fendas of note, we also have a fully functioning radio station led by the Mistress of Metal, Sister Snow. If you are exceptionally gifted in wit or just feel as though you want to chew the fat with us one day stop on by - you could become immortalized in our hall of fame for all to see.

The Origin of Metal Wolf

Author: Sister Snow

In the far future Metal let out it's final dying gasps. As the daemonic spawn of the Billboard 100 tore into it's glorious form, it knew that it's time had come. With the last of its strength it sought to change the past to save the future from pop damnation and sent a seed of itself back in time into the womb of an unsuspecting girl. Sister Snow lived her life not knowing that she was incubating the child of a god. On August 22nd 2016 the deity made itself known. It ripped itself from her womb in a reflection of both it's father and mother, a great wolf made of metal, seething with hatred for the daemons of modern music. Upon seeing the corpse of it's mother, it reshaped her into the Mistress of Metal, and together they implanted themselves in LWU's Discord to bring the heathen listeners of false music glorious salvation.

A LITTLE BIT GENGHIS KHAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AljAATZ3u8

We recently created a new regional anthem that is based on Miike Snow's Genghis Khan. We love it, and hope that you do as well. Ever-Wandering Souls has even proposed a future collaboration project along with several other interested parties. More information on this will be announced as this situation develops. Stay tuned!

TL;DR

We helped raid Heroes Rise, liberated Eternal Scholars from the evil raiders, exchanged notes with XKI during class, established a Discord server, made a new regional anthem, almost got commended, and were couped! Yay!

This dispatch has been brought to you by the Department of External Established Relations

• 1 month later...

Celebrate TWP Festival Oct 14-16

LinkImage 
The Delegate and Guardians of
The West Pacific

Request the honor of your presence at a Weekend-Long Celebration,
Given in thanks for the many nations and regions that have supported TWP.

The festivities begin on the RMB, our Linkforum and our LinkDiscord server on Friday, October 14th. Join us first thing in the morning for our Friday Karaoke tradition. The official celebration begins at 19:00 (USA EDT) with formal introductions, and will continue throughout Friday into Sunday. There will be games, music, an open chat party, amusing stories about The West Pacific and a panel discussion on the history of TWP. A highlight of the celebration will be a State of the Region address offered by Big Bad Badger at 20:00 (USA EDT) on Saturday. TWP will also hold joint military operations in recognition of the event. All nations or regions that would like to participate should contact our new Commander of TWPAF yuno_owl__517133t2.jpgThe West Pacific ANIME Force of Yuno owl.

Feel free to join us for any or all of the celebration, as your schedule permits. Whenever you arrive, you may describe your entrance and announce yourself, if you wish.

Residents of TWP and others are encouraged to change their flags to the one at the top of this invitation for this event.

No RSVP requested.

Should you have any questions about the party, please contact neenee__991494t2.jpgThe Magical Cookie Queendom of Neenee