The Userite Myth by New Pacific Order

Elegarth

*chuckles*  It's all a matter of Marketing.

Let me share something I said privately to the Council of the Imperium here two weeks ago:

I would be carrying out a different strategy than they appear to be.

Appearances can be used to your advantage; used to divert attention from your true goals or purposes; or can turn against you when you lose control of them.

I know who wrote it 

But I still believe it could have been better organized and written.

No one has brought up Unibot.  We were not even aware of his presence in The Pacific until now.  Your statement is misplaced.

The perception in TWP, and in the wider NS world is that The Pacific and NPO are associated with UDL.  This perception is expressed frequently in the NS forums.  It is a PR problem.

To expect others to ignore that NPO Senators have been Lazarus Delegates and thus allied to FRA and UDL is illogical.

I doubt it could be better written.  Organization is a matter of opinion I guess.

This is not a definitive piece, it is an introductory article that is meant to lead to discussion (which it has) and further development (which it will).

Regarding the rest of your post, your misconceptions do not alter reality.  The Pacific is not allied with the UDL.  The 'wider NS world' is simply wrong.  It is not the first time.

I am well aware of the benefits of 'marketing', I personally just do not care.  Luckily I am not the PR person for the NPO.  That has never been my ambition.

I do find it somewhat disappointing that someone such as yourself would fall for such a position.  Who has expressed this rumour to you specifically beyond just 'the people on the NS forum said so'?

The perception in TWP, and in the wider NS world is that The Pacific and NPO are associated with UDL.  This perception is expressed frequently in the NS forums.  It is a PR problem.

The Gameplay forum, being what it always has been, offers an R/D-centered outlook on the world and is thus inclined to give everyone a label. Its population has handed out accusations as wild as calling TNP "raider" and calling TSP "raider". But are both of those things true? Obviously not. Hopefully TWP is looking through the same lens as we are in regards to those regions and the world at large. Naturally, the NPO is not nor has it ever been the sort of group to accommodate to the delusions of imbeciles. However, as seen here, we are willing to take the time to clarify things when more reputable groups such as TWP establish unfortunate perceptions based upon the misconceptions from the above mentioned game forum clique.

I have not been on good terms with Unibot in a long while and, as WW knows, have been concerned that he might try something akin to his past exploitationist antics in The Pacific; however, he has not done anything in TP of that sort thus far, and his presence there is the only extent to which the NPO has a link to the UDL. Senator Pierconium clarified that that link is minimal and inconsequential at best as it pertains to our military alignment and foreign policy. Other senators and I are watchful of undesired influences and would likely be quick to act if any of the concerns about Unibot actually manifested themselves in the form of actual UDL pushes in The Pacific (which would be a most unwise move by the UDL).

I also recall that the UDL sought a treaty with the NPO some months ago and that it too was shot down. Anything that would actually constitute an "alliance" between us and the UDL is entirely non-existent. On an operational level, putting aside the fact that the NPO has successfully raided a high-priority defender target (i.e. The Imperial League vs Spiritus, FRA, and UDL) since the PA underwent a management switch, the only instance the NPO has worked with the UDL recently was a liberation of Communist Beach from fascist occupation. The NPO does not regret cooperating with the UDL in that instance because we were willing to accept an extra updater to assist in dealing with something we see as a great disturbance (i.e. fascists). Of course, there was a period where the UDL engaged in several regular update operations with the NPO, but the party responsible for that was separated from the Pacific Senate.

With some of these facts in mind, rather than whatever R/D-centered rhetorical nonsense the GP forum has chosen to propagate, I hope that the WP's perception on the NPO's relationship with the UDL is starting to become more accurate. We are certainly not allied with them.

On a final note, regarding my delegacy in Lazarus having anything to do with the NPO's relationship with the UDL, many of the GCRs have militaries who are led or managed by players whose personal memberships elsewhere and preferences do not affect the direction of the military they manage.

A member of the raider group Lone Wolves United was, until last week, leading the neutral military in TEP (it defended quite a bit despite his leadership). Similarly, Southern Bellz -- a known member of DEN -- has led the antifa military in TSP, and Gladio, who is a member of TBR and BoM, leads TNP's neutral military.

Assuming that I was in charge of the PEF, it would be inconsistent with the norm for me to be denied the courtesy of separation that leaders of other GCR militaries have received, albeit, even then, Senator Aleisyr is responsible for managing the PEF, not me.

He is by no means a defender and I don't believe he has an affinity for the UDL.

Coming late to the discussion (RL interference I'm afraid) I enjoyed the essay - an interesting point of view, one with which I would generally agree with.  I would like to echo Dark's sentiments in thanking the members of the Pacific for their clarification of the stance towards the UDL.  I do lurk a lot around the NS forums a lot and I agree with my colleagues there is a false perception of the Pacific's links to the UDL.

Coming late to the discussion (RL interference I'm afraid) I enjoyed the essay - an interesting point of view, one with which I would generally agree with.  I would like to echo Dark's sentiments in thanking the members of the Pacific for their clarification of the stance towards the UDL.  I do lurk a lot around the NS forums a lot and I agree with my colleagues there is a false perception of the Pacific's links to the UDL.

I just died a little inside.

I appreciate our good friends from The Pacific clearing up the misconception that I had gained from reading NS forum.

It is good to know that The Pacific remains solidly in the Feederite camp and hasn't succumbed to the UDL's ulterior motive to gain control of all the GCR regions that they can and bind them in darkness.

Regarding the rest of your post, your misconceptions do not alter reality.  The Pacific is not allied with the UDL.  The 'wider NS world' is simply wrong.  It is not the first time.

That, it is not.  As always, I find disappointment and discouragement in the NS wide world.  All I can apply is that having our concerns put to rest is a welcome respite.

is thus inclined to give everyone a label.

Yes, one of the things that I often seek to oppose.  There is no linear r/d spectrum of labels.  There are national interests, regional interests, and organizational interests.  Gameplay is simply the application of the mechanics of the game. If a nation, region, organization wishes to label itself that is fine.  But to apply to same labels to others without regard or respect is to perpetuate myths and seek to impose a narrow worldview upon all others.

It's all Invasion.  Invading to raid, Invading to attack, Invading to defend, Invading to tag, Invading to oppose an ideology, Invading to oppose an individual, Invading as a challenge, Invading to be silly, Invading to create an Empire, Invading to make a fool of yourself......it's all the same game.  I regret that NS ADMIN and Mods have adopted the same 'r/d' terminology rather than refer to the mechanic. There was a time that they wouldn't have done that.

many of the GCRs have militaries who are led or managed by players whose personal memberships elsewhere and preferences do not affect the direction of the military they manage.

Quite right.  We recognize that individual right of nations/players to pursue their interests, and welcome them to provide their resources to the Homelands of the GCRs.  We are all on the same page in desiring to take care to secure ourselves and our fellow GCRs against those that would use our resources against GCR interests, which is entirely different from accepting those individual rights.

I had noticed that. Rachel's attempts to disguise shallow, intentional fallacies and wrong interpretations as intelligent criticisms, and her whining about Pierconium's responses were something less than what her inane comments deserved, made for a good laugh.

If by give up you mean refuse to engage a wannabe troll, yes.

He didn't give her any more time or attention than she earned herself through the merit of her remarks or the honesty of her intentions. She went into the thread with the intent to troll using inane, poorly-thought-out, and provocative tangential commentary. It eventually devolved into outright baiting after Pierconium chose not to engage her intentional fallacies and digressions.

The only thing that surprises me is that he was patient enough to grant her any time at all. Pierconium may disagree with me, but I think that he gave her the benefit of the doubt at first, which was quite generous.

If by give up you mean refuse to engage a wannabe troll, yes.

He didn't give her any more time or attention than she earned herself through the merit of her remarks or the honesty of her intentions. She went into the thread with the intent to troll using inane, poorly-thought-out, and provocative tangential commentary. It eventually devolved into outright baiting after Pierconium chose not to engage her intentional fallacies and digressions.

The only thing that surprises me is that he was patient enough to grant her any time at all. Pierconium may disagree with me, but I think that he gave her the benefit of the doubt at first, which was quite generous.

This is quite correct.

Considering that her initial tone was hostile, and her argument very poorly structured, I still attempted to respond to her questions.  I provided her with explanations of those parts she misunderstood and even though empirical evidence is not a necessary component of a theoretical essay, I provided her with a relatively long list of examples.  She completely missed the point.

I even went further and elaborated for her benefit in explaining in very simple terms the concept as it was initially expressed with the NPO removal of certain elements of The Pacific in antiquity.

At this point, it became apparent that she (is it she? there are lots of 'anumia' nations floating around - seems like one of those fake multi accounts where players claim siblings are controlling WA nations - oh well, not my concern) would not accept any answer because she could not understand the concepts involved.  The devolved to her making baseless generalizations and insults towards myself.  So I decided to disengage.

To the point however, if one wishes to see a contemporary example of the concepts spoken of in the 'Myth' at work, one only needs to review the past few days of TSP's regional message board.  Many of their inhabiting nations are becoming disillusioned with the government there (right or wrong) and the theory is playing out publicly.

As comrade Senator Pierconium mention, the funniest / saddest part of it all, is that TSP was / is going through one of those specific times when the disillusionment is born or caused by the whole environment, and yet Rach's self-imposed blindfold prevents her from taking a look at it... We lie to ourselves to make a point? That is kind of childish...

At this point, it became apparent that she (is it she? there are lots of 'anumia' nations floating around - seems like one of those fake multi accounts where players claim siblings are controlling WA nations - oh well, not my concern) would not accept any answer because she could not understand the concepts involved.  The devolved to her making baseless generalizations and insults towards myself.  So I decided to disengage.

I have had a difficult time navigating this phenomena that began before I returned most recently - the preponderance of 'House' names, such as Anumia.  Someone may correct me, but I recall Osiris promoting this concept as they require you have a 'House' in your account profile, and tied in with their 'Game of Thrones' RP.  I'm still not fond of this new concept across NS.  Nonetheless, it is obviously enjoyed by significant numbers of active players.

Shallow thinking is the predominate state of NS affairs these days.  It's really quite unfortunate, not only for the lack of clear thinking but also for the lack of ingenuity and creative thinking.  There are still so many unrealized possibilities.

And the unrealized hope of those that seek to provoke NS-wide wars is a constant undercurrent in interregional affairs, especially as many of those seek to make use of the GCRs as their pawns to achieve their goals.  Many seek to divide or widen divisions to further polarize the NS world for their benefit.  This has been the source of failure in attempts to create new interregional organizations.  The intentions have not been as stated, and don't have a respect for nations and regions.