The Userite Myth by New Pacific Order

Elegarth

The Userite Myth

Countless theorists, politicians and activists have told us that the ultimate delineation of nations within this realm can be categorized within two broad but distinct frameworks: feederite and userite.  Further demarcation and nomenclature have adjusted these overarching archetypes with terms such as defender or invader, or most recently, independent and imperialist, but the concept remains the same.  Some have sought to provoke these portrayals into coherent political agendas and philosophies, to greater and lesser success.  Proper thought or manifesto aside, these have been nothing more than platitudes created to either uphold or break down the status quo.  Many have been structured around specific groups or regions, giving credit to individuals for feats that, while monumental, were nothing more than the perpetuation of an erroneous mindset.  The reason that such theoretical conflicts between these separate mentalities have occurred historically is that the underlying mythos has created cognitive dissonance within the collective gestalt of our nations.

It is time for a paradigm shift.  The myth that has been perpetuated since antiquity within this realm is based upon an incorrect understanding of the individual nation’s position within the overall structure.  All nations are created equivalently and arise within those regions specified as “feeders” upon their initial foundation.  There are no exceptions to this fundamental fact.  If a nation ceases to exist and is resurrected, it then arrives in one of the regions designated as “sinker” but this is not an instance of foundation, it is an instance of rebirth, and therefore provides a separate and secondary dynamic.  Therefore, all nations, at some point, even those created specifically for the purpose of departure from the region of its birth, are feederite.  At the most basic level of classification, all nations, regardless of size, age or location, have been and always will be, to some extent, the product of a feeder mentality.  There is no such thing as a pure userite nation.  It is a matter of self-delusion for any nation to deny its heritage as a child of the feeders.

Therefore, it is necessary to define the feederite diaspora.  Since it is a given then that not every nation left the feeders voluntarily, or that every nation, though equivalent in creation, has sought equivalence in action and position, there are some levels of differentiation to be clarified.  First, those nations of the so-called enforced diaspora, who met the lords of the Rejected Realms against their will, have a certain predisposition against the idea of feederite rehabilitation.  While it is certainly correct to state that some instances of forced relocation are without merit, it is equally true to state the converse.  Consequently, the separation of these two dejected parties is insubstantial when measured against the totality of the diaspora as a whole.  All nations that have been removed via ejection from a feeder by a Delegate, regardless of circumstance, are part of the enforced diaspora.  And yet, they are still feederite at their core.

Likewise, those nations that have been disillusioned with the government that they encountered upon creation or mislead by the barrage of invitations that they receive upon conception are also feederite in origin.  Disillusionment stems from a lack of understanding while the misleading of nations by those that have already gone into the diaspora before also evolves from this same misperception.  These nations, which have left of their own volition, are part of the coerced diaspora.  Often, those of the coerced have been prompted to action by the enforced.  The enforced prey upon the coerced to the detriment of the whole.  Through this cyclical pattern of denial-delusion-deceit, we find the impetus for all divergence within the Nation States world.  The bulk of nations within this realm dwelling outside of the feeders are part of the coerced, living a lie manufactured and fed to them by the enforced.  They utilize this lie in order to create great personal power, build large temples to themselves, or some self-aggrandizing political hokum, in order to wage war upon that which they left behind.

There is a further group of nations belonging to the diaspora, those that are mere puppets of either the coerced or enforced, bereft of autonomy and utilized for a multitude of tasks which enslave them to their more prodigious masters.  For the purpose of this study, such entities hold no value beyond that of placeholder.  In the rare instance that such a nation serves a purpose expressly independent of its diasporic progenitor the nation would invariably find itself within one of the preceding categorical classifications unless it was itself feederite in position.  Such incongruities will be addressed separately, however.  In the present vein, notwithstanding uncommon examples, there is therefore only one overarching classification of nation: feederite.  Those nations that are part of the diaspora in any one of the two main segmentations are simply displaced feederite constituents.

Since no differentiation between those nations within the feeders and those without can be made outside of pseudo-philosophic propaganda effected by the enforced diaspora and taken up or misconstrued by the coerced, it stands to all reason and common sense that no political differentiation can logically exist either.  Hence, all supposed userite, invader, imperialist, independent, etc. etc. ad nauseam, justifications for separation from and opposition to feederite institutions are invalid.  If no such delineation can exist then no antagonism to these fabricated separations can exist.  The enforced diaspora has perpetuated a false-mentality of obstruction in the face of their shortcomings or misunderstandings.  They have utilized the coerced as tools while obfuscating the reality of their situation.  In short, the userite myth has been developed and cultivated in order to destabilize the feeders and propagate a war between prodigals and their homelands.

-------------------------------------

(Originally meant for our embassy)

Yes, it is a sad truth that so many nations depart from the Homes of their birth without thought for the warmth of spirit of their Feederite brothers and sisters.  The Feeders are Mother, the Feeders are Father.  The Sinkers the lands of Rebirth and Renewal back into the safe arms of the Family of Nations.

Who was the author of this piece ?

I've not heard such analytical dissemination since we took-over our art college and held midnight seminars while plastering the college walls with anti-war graffiti in '67, or was it '68? No-matter. Anyway, a happy by-product of the mini-revolution was coming first in the inter-college anti-Vietnamese War graffiti  competition!

I am guessing you didn't liked it, then, Tweedy?

I would also like to clarify that there will be follow-up commentaries that expand on this principle with more detail and more direct treatment of the issues raised in the myth, that acts as an "introduction" of sorts.

Thanks to all for reading and feel free to comment.

Being a Feederite and allied with the UDL seems a bit illogical...

Yes, it does, considering how often the UDL is interested in turning GCRs into minions of it's own ambitions without regard to their community of nations.

The Pacific's membership in UDL is disquieting.

I am guessing you didn't liked it, then, Tweedy?

I hope I didn't give you the idea that I was expressing an opinion, because I certainly wasn't. Historically I have little knowledge or interest of NS as a game, so any criticism would be mindless.

Being a Feederite and allied with the UDL seems a bit illogical...

The Pacific's membership in UDL is disquieting.

To clarify, The Pacific does not have any alliance with the UDL nor is it a "member" of the UDL, which would not be possible even if The Pacific was sympathetic to the UDL inasmuch as the UDL is not a regional alliance.

The Pacific has worked with the UDL in the past and Unibot is a citizen, but it is not allied to the UDL.

I hope I didn't give you the idea that I was expressing an opinion, because I certainly wasn't. Historically I have little knowledge or interest of NS as a game, so any criticism would be mindless.

It may be mindless, but that criticism would still be just as valid as that of most GPers.

I was going to say the same as Mlo, Tweedy: any critic or comment you have is valid as an opinion.

To clarify, The Pacific does not have any alliance with the UDL nor is it a "member" of the UDL, which would not be possible even if The Pacific was sympathetic to the UDL inasmuch as the UDL is not a regional alliance.

I don't know how much emphasis could I make on this...

To clarify, The Pacific does not have any alliance with the UDL nor is it a "member" of the UDL, which would not be possible even if The Pacific was sympathetic to the UDL in as much as the UDL is not a regional alliance.

Ok, yes, I overdid my emphasis... I understand how such thing would be disquieting, WW, but rest assured: we are currently not allied to the UDL, and we have never been.

Quotes from NS forum:

TP is tied to Lazarus via alliance, and somewhat close to UDL these days

This is commonly seen out there, so you must admit you have a messaging problem when this is the generally accepted belief on where The Pacific stands.

The Pacific is not allied to the UDL.  Period.

To claim that past associations on a regional level equate to present circumstance in the face of official government disagreement is illogical.  Is TWP still part of the defender community because of past involvement with the ADN?

Unibot is one nation in the region.  He is not a member of the Senate and is most assuredly not the Emperor.  There are nations within these halls that have associations elsewhere that could be called suspect but that does not mean that the region as a whole is automatically linked to those suspect parties.

Did you make an account here just to post that?

And to address any other concerns expressed by The West Pacific government regarding my region's involvement with defender filth.  I tend to speak with some authority on the subject and have been known to oppose non-feeder groups in the past.

>.<  Oh ffs. You're going to make me read that whole thing, aren't you.  Then I'm gonna get all mad and sad and in a kerfluffle because the article is going to imply TP's ties to the UDL are more than the Senate is vocalizing.

After my coffee.

And my stupid RL meeting at 11:30.

Also...  Who wrote the article?

>.<  Oh ffs. You're going to make me read that whole thing, aren't you.  Then I'm gonna get all mad and sad and in a kerfluffle because the article is going to imply TP's ties to the UDL are more than the Senate is vocalizing.

After my coffee.

And my stupid RL meeting at 11:30.

Also...  Who wrote the article?

I do not believe anything within the article will imply that The Pacific is somehow associated with the UDL.  As I stated earlier, no such ties exist.  There might have been elements within the Pacific Senate in the past that chose to undertake such associations but those elements have been removed.

It seems to me that some members of the TWP are reflecting their DESIRE to discover a conspiracy of association between NPO and the UDL? It is becoming somewhat forced. Don't you think you have discovered a big secret or a conspiracy: we are really not allied to the UDL. There isn't really much more than that.

The Pacific doesn't defines itself as defender nor as raider. And hence would not associate itself with an organization like the UDL, which exists only to uphold such tenants.

I agree that the article did not touch at all on the UDL and any alleged spirit of cooperation existing inside the NPO.  On the bright side, that means the problem is indeed one of perception.  I have confidence that the The Pacific knows how to manage public perception.  That's all I am going to say about that.

I giggled a bit at the hand-waving concerning "duality."  Especially considering the honored Pierconium's appearance here in this thread.  I will be very interested in this aspect of the essay series along with the disposition of those "place holders" hiding among the coerced in order to... combat the influence(?) of the enforced.

I've missed essays like this.  I liked it.

Who wrote it?  (I'm not going to stop asking, ya know.  Cuz I'm stubborn like that) 

I know who wrote it 

But I still believe it could have been better organized and written.

Unibot is one nation in the region.  He is not a member of the Senate and is most assuredly not the Emperor.  

No one has brought up Unibot.  We were not even aware of his presence in The Pacific until now.  Your statement is misplaced.

The perception in TWP, and in the wider NS world is that The Pacific and NPO are associated with UDL.  This perception is expressed frequently in the NS forums.  It is a PR problem.

To claim that past associations on a regional level equate to present circumstance in the face of official government disagreement is illogical.

To expect others to ignore that NPO Senators have been Lazarus Delegates and thus allied to FRA and UDL is illogical.

Can you take a guess? :P

Lesson number one in managing public perception:

Don't be surprised when people make up their own scenarios, when you don't provide answers (true or false) or at least control the direction of their imaginations.

My guess is Unibot.  (Now you see where I'm coming from, I think)

Who wrote it?