Suggestion: "Nation" Profile Field

Pestarzt

It helps us bridge the gap between the forum and the game, and makes it easier to find out our in-game nations.

If you're not sure how to do it, it's:

Process: ACP -> Members -> Custom Profile Fields -> Add Field

Field type should be text input.

Topic View Format?

<span class="ft">{title}:</span><span class="fc"><a href="http://nationstates.net/nation={content}">{content}</a></span>

You can also do this with "region" for ambassadors. You just need to replace "nation" with region" in the Topic View Format.

I can do that if you wish ( I used to tie it to a census app that I built for the merit ages ago, but... ), but the reason I have not yet done that was you don't have any way to verify what people put in there short of having them PM you in game to verify.  Which is a long winded process, but if people want it I can add it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, this is starting to get frustrating. It's been almost a month, and we haven't gotten any word here from the admins – Give us a yes or a no, but we should not stand for inactivity among the administrators, the very members of the community who are meant to be a guide for our community, a beacon of dedication to the West Pacific. We need to show that we have higher standards, and if our admin team does not seem to perform as necessary, then we need to make changes.

And what changes have we seen so far? None. Has our Prime Minister tried to do anything? Or the Speaker? No, not at all. Time after time, we have proven our own complacency – The people have not pushed hard enough for what we want, and the leadership has shown that they cannot act without being pushed.

Look, I pay for these forums, I pay for this server, and I work a real job where I have to deal with this stuff all day.  I'm not exactly coming home from work, full of zim to do more web development.  I will get to it WHEN I GET TO IT.

I'm sorry if I was rude, but I was pretty frustrated. At the very least, now, we've gotten an update so we can tell that you're working on it, so thank you for that.

Alright, this is starting to get frustrating. It's been almost a month, and we haven't gotten any word here from the admins – Give us a yes or a no, but we should not stand for inactivity among the administrators, the very members of the community who are meant to be a guide for our community, a beacon of dedication to the West Pacific. We need to show that we have higher standards, and if our admin team does not seem to perform as necessary, then we need to make changes.

And what changes have we seen so far? None. Has our Prime Minister tried to do anything? Or the Speaker? No, not at all. Time after time, we have proven our own complacency – The people have not pushed hard enough for what we want, and the leadership has shown that they cannot act without being pushed.

This statement is ignorant, rude and really pisses me off.  Your government hasn't moved at all in over a month and you have the nerve to whine about something like this?  YOU won't stand for inactivity from the admin staff?  Incredible. 

This statement is ignorant, rude and really pisses me off.  Your government hasn't moved at all in over a month and you have the nerve to whine about something like this?  YOU won't stand for inactivity from the admin staff?  Incredible. 

A couple of things:

1. Not quite sure what you mean when you say my government. In case you haven't noticed, I've been proposing multiple acts, including the General Elections Act, but as of now, the Executive Council Act hasn't even been seconded by the Speaker – And that's the one that really counts. I'd absolutely love to start making changes to the place and try to improve it, but it is important to note that I have no official positions excluding that of Warlord, which is relatively minor.

2. I did already apologize in the post above Westwind's. In case you didn't see it, I'll say it again: I'm sorry. What I did was a knee-jerk reaction I made when I saw the thread lying dormant for almost a month. Please tell me, who here is perfect? Give me an example of a notable gameplayer who has never gotten angry on NS, never argued with somebody on the site or IRC, never lost their temper, and I'll eat my shoe. I'll admit that what I did was not appropriate, as there were more mature and respectful ways to bring attention to this issue. So, again, I'll say that I'm sorry. If Winny would like me to delete the post in question, I'll do it.

I'm still irked at the first post, but he did apologize, so I'm willing to leave it be.  Additionally, I'm for not deleting posts, unless they're spam/other horrible things we've had hit our forums in past years...but I'd rather keep it as intact as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...