Welcome Telegram

Westwind

• 1 month later...

Most recent Welcome tg:

Greetings Bhang Bhang Duc. Welcome to The West Pacific!

Where the coffee is always fresh, the bar always open, there's Karaoke every Friday and marsupials are welcome.

The West Pacific is one of the oldest, most storied regions in the game and it has just about everything any region can offer. It's the best place to learn how to play the game, meet new people, and get involved at your own pace. New players can quickly learn more about the game by reading our Dispatch: "New to NationStates? Click Here to learn more"

I'd also encourage you to join the NationStates World Assembly. Once you have joined the World Assembly, I invite you to endorse the Delegate and the Guardian nations listed in our World Factbook Entry. Your endorsements increase the clout of our region in the World Assembly, as well as help increase the Influence of those nations to ensure their ability to protect the region from potential threats against our home. You can join the World Assembly here: World Assembly

We have dedicated offsite forums which host our Regional Government, Armed Forces, Embassies and many entertaining activities. You'll find our forums here: http://www.westpacific.org

Make an account, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home. We think you'll like it here. If you have questions, feel free to post them on our forum.

Once again, Welcome to The West Pacific!

Sincerely,
bhang_bhang_duc__535334t2.jpgThe Cardinal Delegate of Bhang Bhang Duc, World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Please note: To avoid receiving recruitment telegrams, or regulate the number of official regional telegrams you may recieve, please visit your telegram settings here: Telegram Preferences

• 1 month later...
[b]Greetings %NATION%, and Welcome to [region]The West Pacific[/region]![/b]

[i]~Where the coffee is always fresh, the bar always open, and there's Karaoke every Friday.~[/i]
It's so nice to see you here!

The West Pacific is one of the best regions in the game and it has just about everything any region can offer. It's the best place to learn how to play the game, meet new people, and get involved at your own pace. New players can quickly learn more about the game by reading our Dispatch: [b][i][url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=212735]"New to NationStates? Click Here to learn more"[/url][/i][/b]

We have dedicated offsite forums which host our Regional Government, Armed Forces, Embassies and many entertaining activities. You'll find our forums here: [b]http://www.westpacific.org[/b]  Make an account, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home. We think you'll like it here. If you have questions, feel free to post them or send a telegram to any nation.  We are generally a friendly lot and we will do our best to answer any questions.

I'd also encourage you to join the NationStates World Assembly. Once you have joined the World Assembly, I invite you to endorse the Delegate and the Guardian nations listed in our World Factbook Entry. Your endorsements increase the power and influence of our region.  You can join the World Assembly here: [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=un]World Assembly[/url]

You may also want to browse the region's dispatches along with this nation's [url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=all_good_people/detail=factbook]Factbook entries[/url] for more information on the Laws and Treaties of [region]The West Pacific[/region].

Once again, Welcome to The West Pacific!  Remember to have fun!

Sincerely,
[nation]Darkesia[/nation], World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[b]Please note: To avoid receiving recruitment telegrams, or regulate the number of official regional telegrams you may recieve, please visit your telegram settings here: [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=tgsettings]Telegram Preferences[/url][/b]

The new Welcome Telegram.

• 1 year later...

The current welcome telegram (to the best of my knowledge, i.e. from 12 days ago) is the following:

Hi %NATION%, welcome to The West Pacific's Doom Cricket Dojo and Freeform Government Operation!

What's up? :D

Lucky for you, your nation has been created in TWP, one of the Feeders and dare we say the best of them! It's a great place to start out in NationStates, because we have plenty of experience with newbies and are happy to help. The West Pacific, often shortened to TWP, has a very active Regional Message Board where we chat about random things and share interesting information with each other. The RMB is the heart of TWP, but that doesn't mean there isn't more to us than that!

We recommend you visit and sign up on our forums at http://www.westpacific.org. There, we have forum games in the ClubHouse subforum, a roleplay subforum, and our own newspaper and those of the foreign media in the TWP News and Media Centre subforum, all there for your convenience. All of these are found in the categories “The West Pacific Welcome Centre” and ”The West Pacific Cultural Centre.” We also have a forum government that is democratic and open to anyone with a nation in TWP. You can sign up by signing in on the Voice of the West Pacific” subforum, and the head-of-government, the Advocate Elegarth, will admit you. We also are looking for people to serve as ambassadors in the Foreign Ministry, headed by the Deputy Advocate Reçueçn, in the armed forces, or write articles for the regional newspaper, Dass Nachrichten.

In game, the region is led by our Sensei, United RussoAsia, and Masters, Mediobogdum, Elegarth, Recuecn, and Yy4u. They protect our region from people who would like to invade and take over the region. If you want to help keep TWP safe, all you have to do is follow these three easy steps:

1. Join the WA (click the apply to join button at the top)
2. Click on the links of the nations listed above
3. Press that “endorse” button at the bottom of their nation pages

And that's it! Once you endorse the Sensei and his Aprentices, not only are you helping protect your region, you also are allowed to receive 70 endorsements from other nations, unlike the 10 you would be allowed if you didn't endorse them.

Here's a guide to NationStates if you're a beginner, if that helps. Yeah, it's a little outdated, but it still applies. Oh, and you might want to turn off all those pesky telegrams spamming up your inbox by setting your preferences here.

So, have fun, and welcome to NationStates, Comrade!

Best Regards,

The people of The West Pacific

My comments and/or proposals:

1. Typo: Apprentices
  2. The intro is directed only to nations founded in TWP, but the nations receiving it are also the ones that move over to TWP. Maybe this is not that important now, but it'll surely become important when we'll become active in recruiting nations.
  3. The TG layout looks cluttered (and thus confusing for a newbie), too oldie (I'm not saying this in a positive way), and entirely identical to the rest of the heap of TG's this person will be receiving those first hours.
  4. The whole TG concept is upside-down: We first tell them what we want from them (we ask them to join the forum, we ask them to join WA and give endorsements, we flood them with titles and ranks), and we then tell them what might most probably be most important to them (i.e. where to find info about what NS is and how to play) — and, even when we point them to there, we add that this info may be a bit "outdated".
  5. (If it hasn't been taken care of yet) Hariko needs to be added in the Guardians, references to Reçueçn will have to go, endo caps will have to be updated.
  6. My proposal regarding the Welcome TG layout is: thematic arrangement with a new-nation's priorities in mind and with intense use of spoiler tags, so that each receiver sees at first a piece of interesting, concise material that grabs their attention, and afterwards they follow (in a flowchart-like approach) the path they desire or feel they need at the time, while they select to view/read only the stuff they wish to further explore.

I offer myself (energy+time), as soon as that TWP government thing gets finalized, to contribute in the following:

• Designing the layout and writing the texts.
  • Creating the respective dispatches and forum threads that will be needed for landing places from links within the TG.

Could I add that due to the flood new NS receive (some of which are obvious puppets even to a noob like me) I actually feel that a follow up telegram to all TWP members 24 hours after they start if they havent already popped into the RMB to say "Hi" might be a good idea.

Puppets leave almost immediately and naturally ignore all the recruitment telegrams, but some noobs might have just ignored the initial telegram along with all the others that flooded their inbox.

I read mine and as you know popped in and said HI, I also posted in the TWP forum. Some of the telegrams I acknowledged with a friendly note explaining that until I had a better understanding of the game and the assorted characters I wouldn't consider any change of region. I do not regret my decision as I find TWP friendly, mature and inclusive.

But I could have just classed the telegram as recruitment and as I was already here ignored it.

A "glad you decided to stay in TWP, why not pop into the RMB and say HI so that we can get to know each other. If you need any help with understanding the game, then we are here to help you. Also make sure you read the WestPacific forum to get a better understanding of this regions politics" is a nice gesture.

It also let's sleeper (spy?) NS know that their presence has been noted......

Could I add that due to the flood new NS receive (some of which are obvious puppets even to a noob like me) I actually feel that a follow up telegram to all TWP members 24 hours after they start if they havent already popped into the RMB to say "Hi" might be a good idea.

Puppets leave almost immediately and naturally ignore all the recruitment telegrams, but some noobs might have just ignored the initial telegram along with all the others that flooded their inbox.

I read mine and as you know popped in and said HI, I also posted in the TWP forum. Some of the telegrams I acknowledged with a friendly note explaining that until I had a better understanding of the game and the assorted characters I wouldn't consider any change of region. I do not regret my decision as I find TWP friendly, mature and inclusive.

But I could have just classed the telegram as recruitment and as I was already here ignored it.

A "glad you decided to stay in TWP, why not pop into the RMB and say HI so that we can get to know each other. If you need any help with understanding the game, then we are here to help you. Also make sure you read the WestPacific forum to get a better understanding of this regions politics" is a nice gesture.

It also let's sleeper (spy?) NS know that their presence has been noted......

One thing that one specific Feeder does is that their WAD sends a TG to any nation leaving their region, in which they attempt to make you reverse your decision, by also opening a communication channel for feedback on anything that might have made you leave (or made you not care about leaving them), regardless whether you wish to consider coming back or not. This "sad to see you leave" TG is customized differently for WA and non-WA nations. I personally regard this as one of the smartest policies in NS. In the aforementioned Feeder again, as soon as a nation gets into the WA, it immediately receives a TG with all available options they now have for gameplay within the region (NS & offsite alike). There is also a similar TG sent to you as soon as you resign from WA, with options (and a plea for your reapplying to WA). Said Feeder also sends Awareness TG's for their offsite. My opinion is that this Feeder maintains by far the best all-around policy for boosting nations' retention and participation.

Another Feeder uses also the same approach (i.e. to TG a nation as soon as it joins WA), but with a much inferior (in the non-inspiring sense) way. Another, different, Feeder sends TG's for activities that require WA membership even to nations that are not currently in the WA, probably in hopes to boost WA-membership in their region (and associated capabilities).

One Feeder sends their Welcome TG to nations regardless whether they have already received it before, which is neat because it provides the latest and most current info.

Some UCR's systematically and methodically follow-up their welcome TG with TG's from the WAD or Officials, presenting ways for a nation to get involved and inviting participation. This tactics is quite effective and productive.

NB: Since at least one UCR keeps recruiting based on the 28-day landmark of a nation's age, a very smart tactics imho would be to send two TG's calling for regional activities or other similar stuff on the 27th and on the 29th day of age, so that the sneaky recruiTG gets drown and neutralized.

I don't know if the game can send TGs to newbies without having to input everything manually each time, so I'll ask.

I believe some useful extra functionalities can be gotten via api.

The important thing is that the WAD can be sending Departmental TG's on behalf of the respective Departments' Heads, so that no stamps are needed. At least two Feeders follow this approach.

This is the current telegram:

Hi United RussoAsia, welcome to The West Pacific's Doom Cricket Dojo and Freeform Government Operation!

What's up? :D

Lucky for you, your nation has been created in TWP, one of the Feeders and dare we say the best of them! It's a great place to start out in NationStates, because we have plenty of experience with newbies and are happy to help. The West Pacific, often shortened to TWP, has a very active Regional Message Board where we chat about random things and share interesting information with each other. The RMB is the heart of TWP, but that doesn't mean there isn't more to us than that!

We recommend you visit and sign up on our forums at http://www.westpacific.org. There, we have forum games in the ClubHouse subforum, a roleplay subforum, and our own newspaper and those of the foreign media in the TWP News and Media Centre subforum, all there for your convenience. All of these are found in the categories “The West Pacific Welcome Centre” and ”The West Pacific Cultural Centre.” We also have a forum government that is democratic and open to anyone with a nation in TWP. You can sign up by signing in on the Voice of the West Pacific” subforum, and the head-of-government, the Advocate Elegarth, will admit you. We also are looking for people to serve as ambassadors in the Foreign Ministry, headed by the Deputy Advocate Reçueçn, in the armed forces, or write articles for the regional newspaper, Dass Nachrichten.

In game, the region is led by our Sensei, United RussoAsia, and Masters, Mediobogdum, Elegarth, Hariko, and Yy4u. They protect our region from people who would like to invade and take over the region. If you want to help keep TWP safe, all you have to do is follow these three easy steps:

1. Join the WA (click the apply to join button at the top)

2. Click on the links of the nations listed above

3. Press that “endorse” button at the bottom of their nation pages

And that's it! Once you endorse the Sensei and his Aprentices, not only are you helping protect your region, you also are allowed to receive 70 endorsements from other nations, unlike the 10 you would be allowed if you didn't endorse them.

Here's a guide to NationStates if you're a beginner, if that helps. Yeah, it's a little outdated, but it still applies. Oh, and you might want to turn off all those pesky telegrams spamming up your inbox by setting your preferences here.

So, have fun, and welcome to NationStates, Comrade!

Best Regards,

The people of The West Pacific

• 1 month later...

This is the current Welcome Telegram:

Greetings %NATION%, and Welcome to The West Pacific!

~Where the coffee is always fresh, the bar always open, and there's Karaoke every Friday.~

It's so nice to see you here!

The West Pacific is one of the best regions in the game and it has just about everything any region can offer. It's the best place to learn how to play the game, meet new people, and get involved at your own pace. New players can quickly learn more about the game by reading our Dispatch: "New to NationStates? Click Here to learn more"

We have dedicated offsite forums which host our Regional Government, Armed Forces, Embassies and many entertaining activities. You'll find our forums here: http://www.westpacific.org Make an account, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home. We think you'll like it here. If you have questions, feel free to post them or send a telegram to any nation. We are generally a friendly lot and we will do our best to answer any questions.

I'd also encourage you to join the NationStates World Assembly. Once you have joined the World Assembly, I invite you to endorse the Delegate and the Guardian nations listed in our World Factbook Entry. Your endorsements increase the power and influence of our region. You can join the World Assembly here: World Assembly

You may also want to browse the region's dispatches along with this nation's Factbook entries for more information on the Laws and Treaties of The West Pacific.

Once again, Welcome to The West Pacific! Remember to have fun!

Sincerely,
elegarth__567422t2.jpgThe Zombie Hating Hater Palace of Elegarth, World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Please note: To avoid receiving recruitment telegrams, or regulate the number of official regional telegrams you may receive, please visit your telegram settings here: Telegram Preferences

Suggestions / Discussion topics:

• In the WA paragraph, I suggest that the words "World Factbook Entry" are hyperlinked to http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_west_pacific because some new players may be unaware of where this WFE is.
  • Regarding the "join WA" rationale, do you think that it'd be a good idea to also mention that, by joining WA, a nation can also start getting endorsed and thus becoming more influential? I'm asking because I believe our argument lacks the answer to their "what's in it for me?" question inside their heads.
  • I propose that a succinct sentence mentioning the NS Daily Issues is added in the TG body.
  • I propose a couple of sentences explaining the issue-support that they can receive gets added in the "New to NS" dispatch.
  • In case you believe it's time for an updated "New to NS" dispatch, I can get into it.

For the joining WA thing - also mention about the stability of the region, and that regions hostile to our own can destroy the region, and destroy the community. Then do a plug about the armed forces, to take the fight onto their turf. And tell them they can get sent to a region where all the trolls are sent to, and 4 year olds.

With your earlier post - which region were you referring to? And that is script based TGs right?

One thing that one specific Feeder does is that their WAD sends a TG to any nation leaving their region, in which they attempt to make you reverse your decision, by also opening a communication channel for feedback on anything that might have made you leave (or made you not care about leaving them), regardless whether you wish to consider coming back or not. This "sad to see you leave" TG is customized differently for WA and non-WA nations. I personally regard this as one of the smartest policies in NS. In the aforementioned Feeder again, as soon as a nation gets into the WA, it immediately receives a TG with all available options they now have for gameplay within the region (NS & offsite alike). There is also a similar TG sent to you as soon as you resign from WA, with options (and a plea for your reapplying to WA). Said Feeder also sends Awareness TG's for their offsite. My opinion is that this Feeder maintains by far the best all-around policy for boosting nations' retention and participation.

I was meaning which one was this one. I'm guessing TNP - Elu's scripts?

According to the regional controls, the region doesnot have a welcome telegram.  This is not a good thing.

RO implementation wiped Welcome TGs on all feeders. Some of them only discovered till today. I'm right now sending a new one to medio, based on the last one recorded here and the suggestions