Hello all, and welcome to my campaign thread! I am Sensorland, and you probably know me for having made the daily Today in the West announcements on the RMB for a couple of months now. However, my history with TWP is actually much older than that: Sensorland was founded in TWP all the way back in 2013, and for the most part, that’s where I’ve stuck when I haven’t been CTE.

So, why am I running for R&C? Simply speaking, I think it’s an important job, and one that I’m up to. The purpose of the Ministry of Recruitment and Citizenry is to get residents of the region more involved.

So, what’s my plan to lure unsuspecting noobs recruit people into regional participation? My NS pretitle is “Friendly Republic”, and I plan to put a lot of emphasis on Friendly. I want to organize this ministry towards making TWP a welcoming environment for noobs (without sacrificing TWP’s famous snark) by reaching out to them, developing resources for them to turn to when they have questions, and encouraging them to find a good place in TWP government where they can make a difference. In short, I want to help people join in our meritocracy.

I also want to work closely with the other TWP ministries, and particularly Internal Affairs and Education. Having worked in IA for a while now, I’ve seen how much fun and activity it brings to the region, and that’s definitely something R&C should work with and use as a model. The Ministry of Education, is, of course, an invaluable resource for our region’s history and for teaching noobs about the game, which is also something R&C should be involved with. R&C should, at its core, serve as a “signpost” of sorts, pointing newbies who are interested in getting involved to the ministry that would fit them best and that they could be most useful in. For that, I can foresee building some kind of quiz or flowchart. I’d of course be in close contact with other ministers about what sort of recruits they want to be sent their way.

Here is my platform in full.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask in this thread. Thank you for considering me for TWP’s next R&C minister.

13 minutes ago, SarahBread said:

How would you keep this from becoming robotic or impersonal?

Great question! R&C should be personal and I definitely don't want to lean too heavily into a flowchart as a mechanism for finding people a place in TWP: "Oh, you'd like a job? Yeah, just look at this chart then contact whichever minister it tells you, bye." If a quiz or flowchart were used, it would just be a starting point: "You can use this to get an idea of what you might like to do, then we can talk about your options and maybe see about finding you a good fit." The point is, my goal would be to greatly increase the visibility and accessibility of R&C as a ministry, and make sure that people are able to access resources and people that will help them find a way to get involved in TWP affairs.

How do you envision folks getting in touch with you to be placed in a position? In my experience you have to go to them, so what would your strategy be for increasing activity?

3 hours ago, Fujai said:

How do you envision folks getting in touch with you to be placed in a position? In my experience you have to go to them, so what would your strategy be for increasing activity?

I've been thinking about that myself. One obvious candidate for this is something that I do every day: post on the RMB. In fact, if IA is willing, the TitW posts could be used to promote regional activity and getting in touch with R&C. As I built a team, we could develop other methods of recruiting people. We'd also be keeping an eye out for eager newbies who haven't yet taken the plunge into full regional activity and reach out to them via tg or Discord.

I have created a dispatch detailing my platform in full. I would appreciate it if you gave it a read. In short, I plan to:

1. Build a team to effectively carry out the duties of R&C.
  2. Create resources to guide players to ministries and roles of TWP activity where they could fit in.
  3. Ensure effective communication with the region as a whole and with other ministers.

Overthinkers has had much experience already running R&C, and organized very well and been successful with outreach. Other than the Today In The West, what previous experience do you have with outreach and ministries 

11 minutes ago, TUMS said:

Overthinkers has had much experience already running R&C, and organized very well and been successful with outreach. Other than the Today In The West, what previous experience do you have with outreach and ministries 

Great question! The truth is, I'm the less experienced candidate here, as far as ministry work, and I'm willing to admit as much. Currently I work in the IA ministry doing Today in the West and helping out with other miscellaneous things, and I'm also TWP's ambassador to the Rejected Realms, which could be considered a type of outreach. I'm a regular on the RMB and the Discord server, and I frequently reach out to new nations. 

The main reason I'm hoping people will vote for me is my platform, which is detailed in the dispatch linked above. My goal is to promote activity throughout the region and get more people involved in the government. R&C has an important role to play in that, and I think my vision for it will help build the ministry into something that's effective and self-sustaining.