Hi, Hello!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked about my ink... so instead of making a whole new thread for that, let's use mine.

THis is the current status of my tattoo, after 8 sessions with one more to go

20150520162940_zps2emjwfvr.jpg

This is the picture before yesterday's 6 hours session

20150207_154518-1_zpsb2gcdffm.jpg

I do not have the pain threshold to do anything remotely similar in terms of pain. +1 Elegarth.

I heard tattoo ink uses graphite, right? Reminds me of when someone accidentally stabbed me with a pencil...and the dot...is still there...after four years. Damn it.

Tattoos, in general, work through the process on which your skin cells engulf foreign / damaging particles, that later on end up trapped within fibroblasts that allow the pigmentation of the invading particle to show. In your case, a bit of graphite, in the case of old and modern tattoos, certain forms of indelible inks. So, tattoo ink does not necessarily needs graphite :D

I knew a guy who did this weird alternative where they just make these little tiny cuts and then augment their scarring, somehow.

I'm smart enough to know that must be horrible for you, but it looked pretty cool.

Yeah that's called scarring, and is painful as hell. I wouldn't do it. But you can find NICE arts with it too.

Again, it looked absolutely incredible, but he said he wouldn't do it twice.

• 2 weeks later...