[Draft]The World Assembly Aviation Organization

Braydenton

FINDING that aviation in the world today is unsafe, insecure, and dangerous;
RECOGNIZING that the Aviation Industry has been growing faster in recent years;
SEEKING to standardize safety at all aerodromes and in all airspaces;
THE WORLD ASSOCIATION HEREBY

• Creates the WA International Aviation Authority, delegating the board the sole agency responsible for:
    • The rules, regulations, and standards for commercial and general aviation aircraft
    • The qualifications required to become a pilot
    • The certification of airlines to fly domestically and internationally
    • The limits and capabilities of an aircraft to land, take-off, taxi, and fly into, out of, or near another country's airspace and airports
    • Gives the agency the power to revoke any of the capabilities of the pilots, airlines, and/or aircraft aforementioned

IN ORDER TO secure our skies, the World Association will create a council to vote and vote on Aviation-Related legislature.

• Denieria featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic

I think that "to vote and vote on Aviation-Related legislature" is a bit vague. It suggests a change in game mechanics because (and this is the way I interpret it) it could mean that this board is the sole voter on aviation-related Legislation and not WA members, requiring a change in game mechanics. Other than that, this has a pretty solid idea and just needs a little elaborating. Once I think about it more I'll edit this comment and give my suggestions. 

As I remember, one of the rules in the WA is that resolutions can't create a committee or organization as their only effect. The resolution needs to accomplish something concrete, and the institution created also needs to have precise goals and duties that require it to exist. I like where this is headed, maybe I can write some more suggestions later. (Is this inspired by the Ethiopian Airlines crash? Maybe a good specific thing the resolution could require is inspections on aircraft, and then give the aviation council power to set safety standards, ground planes when it seems necessary, etc.)

12 hours ago, Craiolia said:

Maybe add something at the end like

”The World Assembly tasks the WAAO with setting regulations for airplanes and airlines in all WA member nations”

I agree, with the clause modified to this, it would avoid the game mechanics quandary completely, allowing us to move away from any rules violation.