Denieria

Denieria for WA Minister: A New Path

Hello everyone, I am Denieria and I am currently running for the WA Minister position. You may remember that my beginnings as being an obnoxious kid trying to challenge the old guard (sorry @Yy4u). Well today, I am going to do that again.

As TWP is a meritocracy, I understand that I am running against the odds by being the less experienced, but I am enthusiastic in contributing to the region as a whole. I am ready for the challenges and eager to learn!

The West Pacific has a maintain a policy of being anti-GA since antiquity and I want to change that. Since there is likely no changes to the World Assembly in the foreseeable future, I strongly believe that we must take adapt and take a new position on it. As WA Minister, I will work to encourage intraregional dialogue on resolutions and will work to notify and invite everyone about any new proposals in both chambers of the World Assembly on the forums and Discord. Furthermore I will encourage interregional dialogue between the governments of our region and others on new proposals. As we are one of the largest regions in NS, I believe that we should participate in the debates and try to argue for our values and ideals instead of letting ourselves being tread over and dictated by other, smaller regions. Our Delegate should be able to represent us in the draftings new legislation for WA instead of staying away from them, and we should also be making our own proposals at the table.

As WA Minister, I would like to also work with the Internal Affairs Ministry in creating WA membership recruitment drives and holding art competitions for regional propaganda encouraging membership and endorsement of the Delegate and Guardians. Furthermore, I am willing to hold Q&A sessions to help newer members of the region understand the WA and to encourage participation on the forums and on Discord.

So vote for me for WA Minister, and together we can pave a new path for our region. If you have any questions, please ask below in thread.

Would you be open to mentoring, both in the role of WA Minister and in learning how to write WA proposals? One idea I had that I would like to try out is having the WA Ministry help those interested to learn how to write proposals. You wouldn't have to teach that yourself, of course, but be open to supporting that within your ministry.

2 hours ago, Reçueçn said:

As WA minister, do you plan to get involved in the NS GA forums, debating or writing your own resolutions? Do you have any particular ideas for resolutions that you would like?

I do plan to get involved with the NS GA forums on the matters of debating resolutions and reading drafts of legislation. Writing a resolution is something I will think more about but I would like to be able to learn the technical languages and the rules regarding the language of such documents. In terms of ideas for new resolutions, I am welcome to all new ideas as long as they can be eloquently and explicitly defined and is legally defensible.

2 hours ago, Saint Mark said:

Would you be open to mentoring, both in the role of WA Minister and in learning how to write WA proposals? One idea I had that I would like to try out is having the WA Ministry help those interested to learn how to write proposals. You wouldn't have to teach that yourself, of course, but be open to supporting that within your ministry.

I am in full support of a mentoring program for writing proposals and for the role of WA Minister (I do admit that the language of the WA can be confusing and obscure at times), and your idea of having the ministry assisting members of the region is something I wish to implement within the ministry.

44 minutes ago, Rizorien said:

I do believe your enthusiasm and knowledge will contribute greatly to the position. I hope you do well!

Thank you for your full support Riz! 

I hate to say it but I have never really paid much attention to WA matters in the past, but have started to some since joining TWP, and this piqued my interest:

11 hours ago, Denieria said:

I would like to also work with the Internal Affairs Ministry in creating WA membership recruitment drives

So, how do you plan on executing this at a curiosity? I feel like that would be an interesting way to get our region involved in WA but am not quite sure what this would like look. Please do describe your plan, I'd be interested in hearing it.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:24 AM, greyghost said:

I hate to say it but I have never really paid much attention to WA matters in the past, but have started to some since joining TWP, and this piqued my interest:

So, how do you plan on executing this at a curiosity? I feel like that would be an interesting way to get our region involved in WA but am not quite sure what this would like look. Please do describe your plan, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I think I would like to have regional recruitment drives by using telegrams that encourage membership and invite our esteemed members to the debates, but also by advertising for WA membership on the Discord channels and possibly the RMB, if that is legal. Furthermore I have stated that I would like to host Q&A sessions about the WA on Discord or the Forums and would like to coordinate with the IA for that.

That sounds like a decent layout for sure and you speak of lack of experience originally, but I really don't see it as a problem since it's more than obvious you plan on putting efforts into learning. These ideas you have also require some realistic thought process along with some experience, so don't sell yourself short! I think holding Q&As would be really neat and think it could not only benefit the region, but you as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and wish you well in elections! ^_^