Greetings!

I would like the opportunity to once again serve my region. 

Over the past years that I have been a member of TWP, I have adopted a hard line stance concerning the WA that many older players have taken:  all new GA resolutions should be denied while all existing proposals should be repealed.  My reasoning for this is that why should an inter-regional body affect what my nation is doing?  Especially in the time that we are living in NS where regions have been creating strong voting blocs to pass their agenda.  Does some minister/head of state/delegate in Europe/TNP/Balder/Europeia know what should happen in my nation better than me?  NO!  

We as individual independant nations in the regions should be able to determine our own paths.  Therefore, we must band together to vote NO on all resolutions and YES to all repeals.  Each WA nation should be allowed to determine their own national policy.  Not some bureaucrat in TNP.

If you elect me as your WA minister, I will post regular notes and reminders in our forum and on our discord to inform the region of WA happenings.  I will also advise our Delegate to vote for national sovereignty in the GA for each resolution that arises.  Furthermore, I will reach out to nations in TWP, regularly asking them to join the WA, endorse our Delegate so his voice can be stronger and louder in the WA and we can keep the WA out of our nations.

If you have any further questions about my experience, history, policies, or platform please ask in this thread.

Please for our next election, Vote Badger for WA Minister!

I think your effort to expand WA membership would be very welcome, as would a push to have more of those WA members endorse the delegate and guardians.

If your suggestion on a GA or SC resolution was not followed by the delegate, what would be your response?

In TWP, per our traditions and laws set forth in The Manners; the Delegate has the right to make a vote in any direction they choose.  I would always advocate for the path I felt best served our region to the individual nations who are also allowed a vote.

Some WA resolutions actually exist specifically to protect National sovereignty, and therefore, voting against them as a rule could and would hurt the sovereignty of one’s nation. So isn’t voting NO on everything inherently a bad idea? Furthermore, many resolutions exist solely to protect basic human rights. Do you think that human rights should not be universally guaranteed? 

6 minutes ago, Ark said:

Some WA resolutions actually exist specifically to protect National sovereignty, and therefore, voting against them as a rule could and would hurt the sovereignty of one’s nation. So isn’t voting NO on everything inherently a bad idea?

There's no need for inter-regional body to regulate the right to self-determination.

6 minutes ago, Ark said:

Furthermore, many resolutions exist solely to protect basic human rights. Do you think that human rights should not be universally guaranteed? 

What are some examples of basic human rights?  If you ask 10 different people, you will get 10 different answers.  For instance, some nations have very strong religious beliefs and others do not.  Those that do may feel that the right to practice their religion is a basic human right.  While in other nations, being able to choose whether or not to practice religion may be considered a basic human right.  I believe that each nation should be allowed to determine their own path.

4 minutes ago, Big Bad Badger said:

There's no need for inter-regional body to regulate the right to self-determination.

But there most certainly is. That body is what prevents nations from unduely violating the sovereignty of others. 

5 minutes ago, Big Bad Badger said:

For instance, some nations have very strong religious beliefs and others do not.  Those that do may feel that the right to practice their religion is a basic human right.

Freedom of religion is a human right, ritual sacrifice is not. If your religion espouses ritual sacrifice, then I’d very much like the World Assembly to ban that religion or that act as part of said religion. This isn’t all that hard to figure out, and the WA rarely passes any human rights resolutions that impede strongly on national sovereignty except to prevent them from committing heinous crimes against humanity. Again, I feel the WA is perfectly suited to carry out that specific task. 

24 minutes ago, Ark said:

But there most certainly is. That body is what prevents nations from unduely violating the sovereignty of others. 

The citizens of your nation and the citizens of my nation may disagree on who best regulates our nations. In my nation we feel that we best protect our own Sovereignty. Not an inter-regional organization.

27 minutes ago, Ark said:

Freedom of religion is a human right, ritual sacrifice is not. If your religion espouses ritual sacrifice, then I’d very much like the World Assembly to ban that religion or that act as part of said religion. This isn’t all that hard to figure out, and the WA rarely passes any human rights resolutions that impede strongly on national sovereignty except to prevent them from committing heinous crimes against humanity.

Not every nation feels the same. Some nations are in the stone age, some are more evolved. Most if not all change over time. My argument is that each nation should determine their own policy. 

4 minutes ago, Big Bad Badger said:

The citizens of your nation and the citizens of my nation may disagree on who best regulates our nations. In my nation we feel that we best protect our own Sovereignty. Not an inter-regional organization.

And what would happen if a much larger, more powerful nation decides that they are best to regulate your nation regardless of whether or not you want them to? 

17 minutes ago, Ark said:

And what would happen if a much larger, more powerful nation decides that they are best to regulate your nation regardless of whether or not you want them to? 

As you know, the mechanics of the game just don't support that. However the more powerful WA voting bloc known as WALL can and will decide what is best for our nations and must be stopped from doing so.

4 hours ago, Big Bad Badger said:

As you know, the mechanics of the game just don't support that. However the more powerful WA voting bloc known as WALL can and will decide what is best for our nations and must be stopped from doing so.

If we’re talking game mechanics, the GA doesn’t matter at all. It makes no changes to your nation significant enough that you couldn’t reverse them with a couple issue answers at the most.