Ark

[PROPOSAL] Amenmdent to the Manners - Ministry of Education

As proposed by Dalimbar in a previous thread: 

On 12/9/2018 at 10:35 PM, Dalimbar said:

10The Ministry of Education will collect, create, and maintain educational materials to help West Pacificans learn about their region and the NSverse. The Ministry will establish, develop, and oversee a body to record and pass down to future generations a factual history of the region while facilitating educational discourse and learning. The Education Minister will work in collaboration with the Foreign Affairs Minister to promote the sharing of knowledge and educational ties with allies of The West Pacific.

With this post begins the official three day discussion period for this proposal. After three days, the topic will be locked and a vote will be held to amend the Manners. 

Edited by Ark
Added Fujai’s edits

I assume this will be broken into different departments or something like that, right? Like a department for NS Basics, Gameplay, Military, RP, etc? Follow-up question from me, will this be something that we older folk can volunteer to do, or will there be assigned deputies from this minister, similar to how the FA can assign ambassadors to work in the ministry?

(because I'd be very interested in doing a bit in regards to military history and stuff)

As a note to the Speaker, I support the changes made by Fujai in the other thread and wish for their inclusion in this draft.

I'll answer questions raised in the other thread and here in a bit, if that's fine with folks.

So, I'd like to begin this with recognition of Halo's support for this Ministry. Ever since I met him, Halo had always been staunchly in favour of learning about our region and how the game works. He has always sought multiple sources of information to make an informed decision, before and now as Delegate. He always wanted to see a proper university form here in TWP, but we just haven't got there yet. 

The Ministry of Education is not just a university, but a fully fledged ministry in recognition of the diversity of tasks that we have to do to properly educate West Pacificans. If we are to genuinely make an impact on our region, we need to be broad in reach and scope. We need to go out into the field and speak to those we have never spoken to before. We have to document, preserve and learn from our history.

In the other thread, OT inquired about what I mean by sharing of knowledge. I see the Ministry of Education as a non-political aspect of foreign policy, as for us to be successful, we need to learn from other regions. We need to share information on education because past endeavours which have been done in isolation have failed. I feel that TNP has a good program to learn from in some respects, same with Europeia and several others. There are aspects of one program which only work for them, while other aspects may work for us as well. We are in early stages yet, and priority is developing our own Ministry first.

Kawaii inquired about the structure of the Ministry. At this stage we are far too early to hold departments like that. In principle I want delegation of tasks and following recruitment of more individuals we can create those bodies. There are several faculties which can open up in future, when we become more of a proper ministry. Possibly Military Academy, or School of Foreign Affairs. 

On who can be part of MoE, I want everyone. Please feel free to poke me on Discord.