Sign in to follow this  
Kawaii

Kawaii for Speaker of The Hall 2: Electric Boogaloo

Good evening, TWP.

I'm running again, this time unopposed. There was a potential competitor, but...they were having "car trouble", something with the breaks, couldn't make it here tonight. So I guess I'll be the only person running this time around. Hey this will be like an election in my nation, you get to choose between two candidates: Me, or abstain, but that abstain guy is a real slacker, I wouldn't recommend it. I also hear he likes pineapple on pizza. I joke about that from time to time, but I'm not actually a TSP spy and so naturally I don't care for the stuff. He does, though, so he probably is a sleeper agent. We tried getting rid of him before, but there's certain legislation that we would have to get into, and it's just a mess. 

Being serious now though, if you're new to the hall of nations or never had been bothered to look away from your Read-it or WhoTube tab or whatever it is you kids do these days, to read about the many positions available in government, then I will do my best to explain what my perspective job does exactly. The Speaker of The Hall is responsible for opening and closing nominations, and elections. That's my current job right now. So far I haven't blown anything up in the process, so that's a plus. While I am Speaker, I cannot participate in the elections in the same way any other citizen can, I can't vote  and (I'm pretty sure) I can't nominate others. That might sound like I'm sacrificing some of the privileges I would have as a filthy commoner normal citizen, but this is a job someone needs to do, and I was asked personally if I'd like to continue working as our speaker, so I accepted the nomination.There isn't anything very difficult about the job at all, and it's always nice to help my region when it needs it, so long as they keep the rum rolling in.

With that being said, I thank you gratuitously for your vote.

Four more years! \o/

--Victoria "Kawaii" Wintony
Speaker of The Hall
Chairwoman of The IA
And Other Titles Too~ 

6 minutes ago, Kawaii said:

We tried getting rid of him before, but there's certain legislation that we would have to get into, and it's just a mess. 

*hides pineapple pizza behind back*

Speaking of legislation, what new legislation would you propose for your term when you are elected?

1 minute ago, Atlae said:

*hides pineapple pizza behind back*

Speaking of legislation, what new legislation would you propose for your term when you are elected?

I haven't seen anything major within the last few months that needs to be changed really. I'm not sure what we could add either to be honest. Maybe some sort of incentive for citizenship aside from what currently exists, like the ability to vote. I think we should have something in regards to the chain of command in TWPAF, maybe. Like if the captain goes AWOL for a lengthy period of time or the chain of command is disrupted, The power is transferred to the First Mates, or otherwise to the Officers. Such a piece of legislation might not be needed imminently, but it helps to be prepared. In normal circumstances if the captain were to disappear, the WA delegate would appoint the one of the most high ranking and active to take the position, but say the WA delegate wasn't available either, this legislation would ensure a means for a replacement. 

This is just an idea I had here on the spot, but yes, generally, I would say if I am going to work on any legislation, it will be for safeguards and the like for the most part.