Newspaper Editor Wanted!

Sylve de Wolf

I'm looking for someone to be the next managing editor of The West Pacifican! 

Requirements:

Grammar+editing skills

What you gotta do:

Assign articles for members of TWP (government folks usually) to write and then collect them

Try to stay aware of what's happening around NS so you can write articles on important stuff or interview someone involved

Format articles into a publication

Publish The West Pacifican once a month

Hire assistants (content/gathering editors, reporters) if you want help

Interested?

The best way to contact me is on Discord. Message Sylven Raithdusk #1404. If you're kinda sorta interested but not certain this is the thing for you, try giving it a shot! I'll be around to help you out. <3

20 hours ago, Elegarth said:

This reminda me my time as Editor of the PNN in another realm

Beware of those 'other realms'. Especially RL. I was an editor in RL in the 70's/80's/90's. ;)

(this is not an application)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, Westwind said:

Beware of those 'other realms'. Especially RL. I was an editor in RL in the 70's/80's/90's. ;)

(this is not an application)

So late to reply... But curiously enough I was also RL editor of a small monthly magazine we ran on the Physics School of my University from 2002 to 2008. We called it "La QuantiTica" (Quantum + Tico being the usual reference to Costa Ricans in latin america).

It started as a single 8x17 sheet of paper folded in the middle, 4 pages of content, and the last one was similarly created with 16 pages. We ran articles on current research in the Uni's research centers, news from the School staff and the Students Association staff, "Envelope Physics" challenges, scientific humour and weird fringe-science histories.

I edited and compiled it all in PAINT at the start, as I had no other tools back then! I didn't even had a computer, did it all in Internet Cafes. I loved it... 

I think I should have been journalist...

On 11/7/2018 at 12:12 PM, Elegarth said:

I think I should have been journalist...

:wine:

In the late 70's was editor of my high school newspaper, The Panther's Cry. I got the position from a competition with a fake newspaper layout...mine was the "Four Wings High Times" (one wing had been blown up by the South Wing Sweat Hogs, another wing had simply disappeared - I had fun with it).  Cut and paste layout of typewritten material, PC's were years away yet.

In 1979 I penned an article about the Iranian Revolution, the US Embassy was being held hostage at the time. I had to get clearance from the School Board to publish it, as it was considered a controversial topic. I got approval and it ran front page. It was a good article, covering Iranian history as well as the current events.

In the 80's I was editor of Christian Light Ministries newsletter, and the Kansas Avicultural Society Magazine. I had an online newsletter delivered to 35 countries in the 90's called Tales Across The Waters for fans of the German band Triumvirat. Was always surprised how large their fan base was in South America, Japan, and Korea. One subscriber/fan in Japan went to temple to have a blessing made for my daughter when she was born. I sponsored a couple 'cultural exchange' concerts in St. Louis in '99, folks we're asking for my autograph - I told them they were nuts. The band reunited and recorded a new album called "The Website Story" inspired by my work, but the record label went bankrupt and the album was never released. (I have the songs and planned artwork, but the band leader won't follow through further. But for a 2000 album, it sound alot like the 80's. Lead singer on that album is now with the Nervous Germans.)

At times I've thought about creating an online local news service, the local newspaper is terrible. Live citizen tips and reports would do better.