43 minutes ago, Dilber said:

as a former emperor of the NPO in another realm,

nah.  :V

My desire to rule NPO is directly involved with the way Moo and Ivan drove traffic to those other realms.  Though that duality gave us Elegarth (whom I adore!), I still hold a bit of a grudge against Moo and Ivan for the decimation of the NPO by CN.

Honest opinion, it would have happened at some point.  I was a PRP governor around that time to, and people were getting bored.  I remember CN was expected to be a distraction, but it ended up being more engaging that NS was at the time.  There were periods though where people struck out from CN to go into games like lunar wars and whatnot, but they always went back to CN.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, Darkesia said:

But I didn't participate directly other than lobbying GV participation. 

That was my recollection, but I wasn't sure. I was pretty much working directly with Gates. (Which was good with all the factions I was trying to juggle.)

13 hours ago, Dilber said:

I remember CN was expected to be a distraction, but it ended up being more engaging that NS was at the time

I think CN's impact on NS is often forgotten or discounted. Gameplay was impacted by the talent migration to CN as much as it was by Influence. 

Although there was dissatisfaction in the NS gameplay ranks before CN that boosted interest.

On 6/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Westwind said:

6. Do you think NS needs a new 'Gatesville' to crusade against the WA?

7. Occasionally in the world, the prevailing paradigm shifts drastically. What do you think it would take to break the R/D paradigm in NS, and open up gameplay to a more diverse game environment? 

8. Do you recall the United Cyprus operation in Greece? 

6.  Do I think that NS needs a region filled with loyal, enthusiastic citizen soldiers who would march into battle blindly for the sake of their finely crafted cultural obsession?  Do I think NS needs regions who are not what they seem and powerful in ways most are unaware of?  Yes and yes!  Do I think that basing that culture on a crusade against the WA is the way to go?  Not so much.  I treasure my time with GV and my time collaborating with them, but I think the crusade against the WA might not be viable in the new NS.

7. I have been out of the game too long and no longer know what the R/D paradigm might be.  From my perspective, the R/D paradigm is well entrenched and after the Predator scandal and subsequent Purge has a set of rules that make it an NS Institution.  I am unsure if one event could change an institution.  I am more inclined to think that change will come slowly as a more cultural shift, if it comes at all.  One of these young upstarts will come up with a crazy idea that will catch fire and the game will be changed forever without anyone much noticing until after it's happened.

8.  Yes.  I met Karpathos there.  That's about all I am going to say about that.  Some things should not have the mystery peeled away.