To the great nations of TWP, and the rest of us too;

Hello again!  I have been around, as you may know.  But I have decided that TWP is in need of some Chocolate and I wish to begin stirring up trouble contributing to the region once again.

Ask me anything.  I'll try to answer.  Of course, I may not answer in the manner you like, but I will answer.  Besides, this seems easier than writing a long post in the reminiscing thread that Eli started. 

7 hours ago, Chervil said:

Why do people say that all chocolate belongs to you?

They say it, because it's true, Dear. :)

Also, when I was delegate the last time, the region was going through a period of low government style participation. The people just weren't interested in writing laws. So I declared there to be only two rules in TWP. 

1. Don't be a dick (Wheaton's Law)

2. All your chocolate belongs to Darkesia. (I share, of course)

The rules are very practical and therefore have stood the test of time. 

Edited by Darkesia
Stupid auto correct

6 hours ago, Amerion said:

Will you be hosting tours to your great chocolate factory and choose a successor in the form of an inexperienced peasant?

No, for several reasons. 

When young, optimistic Law School graduates sit for the Bar exam, they often describe it as a grueling, terrible experience. This is because their souls are being removed during the testing. 

This may or may not have something to do with the taste of Darkesian Chocolate, the ruthlessness of the world's lawyers and/or my expectation to live a very, very long time.

5 hours ago, Kawaii said:

I once read something about an infiltration into the region of Brotherhood, was that true? Did you know Roma Qochasiva (or whatever name he was using at the time?)

I do know Roma. I met him a long time ago when he began his serial region creating. I was fishing for talent.  He had lots of it, but no interest in follow through. His inability to trust anyone would undo him every time. He left a mark on the game, in spite of himself. *looks at Kawaii*

This makes me happy. 

5 hours ago, Russellandd said:

What’s The Marsupial Conspiracy?

Hmm...   I am not the best one to ask about this. TAO is the expert. It was TAO's puppet, Mr. Stick, who enlightened the NSverse about the evil Marsupials and roo-fur madness. I am uncertain if it began in TWP. But it was TWP that evangelized it and even used it's military in battles against marsupial scum. We even had a delegate (BBD) succumb to roo-fur oil and eucalyptus addiction and had to be removed from office after a month. 

TWP is firmly anti-marsupial. 

11 minutes ago, Darkesia said:

I do know Roma. I met him a long time ago when he began his serial region creating. I was fishing for talent.  He had lots of it, but no interest in follow through. His inability to trust anyone would undo him every time. He left a mark on the game, in spite of himself. *looks at Kawaii*

This makes me happy. 

That sounds like him haha. It is a shame really, he did have talent, but as you said, his attention span was terrible. I can't forgive him, but he does have some of my admiration and my thanks for guiding me here. Funny thing is, ever since reading about his history, I always had a fascination with this place, it seemed so mysterious to me, it's been a long journey, but I'm glad I made my way here and met you, dark.

58 minutes ago, Darkesia said:

Hmm...   I am not the best one to ask about this. TAO is the expert. It was TAO's puppet, Mr. Stick, who enlightened the NSverse about the evil Marsupials and roo-fur madness. I am uncertain if it began in TWP. But it was TWP that evangelized it and even used it's military in battles against marsupial scum. We even had a delegate (BBD) succumb to roo-fur oil and eucalyptus addiction and had to be removed from office after a month. 

Ok umm I telegrammed TAO. Tried to telegraph his puppet but failed. I hope I don’t end up telegramming the wrong person.

1 hour ago, Darkesia said:

If you ask, he may come here to explain. He spends time in the region The Cukoos Egg. It is a region belonging to a Mod, so if you go, behave. Easier to telegram and safer too :)

At The Cukoos Egg or not, I think that’s the right person although he’s been moving and greetings nation.

21 hours ago, Darkesia said:

Indeed. They make for yummy brunches.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, Darkesia said:

this seems easier than writing a long post

Yeah, Eli's thread is a good idea, but it's going to be too cluttered. Each old timer needs their own thread. I was asked to do a lecture at the NS Worlds Fair one year, and I couldn't limit it to any one subject so I asked for it to be a Q&A, which it was. I think much to Unibot's chagrin, he lost control of the questions and they weren't going where he wanted. I think people had fun though, which is more important.

Okay.....here's ten random questions for you to consider.....or not.

1. What was you favorite thing about the Neutral Territory conference, of which you were an admin. What was the thing that bothered you the most at Neutral Territory?

(One of Westwind's memories......as I am brought in as a 'Moderator' (hidden Admin) at Neutral Territory, Dark introduces herself to me and tells me "we're alot older than you think". I chuckled to myself, already knowing Gates age, and knowing that I'm a couple years older than Dark.) 

2. What was the first region you moved to after founding?

3. What, if any role, did you play in The Crimson Order events of The North Pacific ten years ago? Gatesville was there in support, TAO was TWP Delegate. Ivan was secretly in my government. (There's alot untold about Crimson, heh, .....there was the near TNP/TP war in the midst of that.)

4. Which did you enjoy more? Your first term or second term as TWP Delegate?

5. What positions did you hold in The Pacific? We're you a member of both NPO and PRP?

6. Do you think NS needs a new 'Gatesville' to crusade against the WA?

7. Occasionally in the world, the prevailing paradigm shifts drastically. What do you think it would take to break the R/D paradigm in NS, and open up gameplay to a more diverse game environment? 

8. Do you recall the United Cyprus operation in Greece? 

9. You and I have both complained, argued, explained, hoped for change.....over Influence. After 12 years of Influence, and changes in it's calculation in the Feeders, what is your position on Influence now?

10. "Does eat oat and Lambs eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy." (my mother liked singing that)  Is Chocolate bad for Does and Lambs?  (And, is the presence of chocolate attracting Marsupials to the region?)

*slides a chocolate mousse in a Guinness glass with a cherry on top to Dark*

On 5/26/2018 at 11:35 PM, Darkesia said:

It started in TWP for sure.  It was one of the things we used to talk about to help drown out spam on the RMB.

52 minutes ago, Dilber said:

It started in TWP for sure.  It was one of the things we used to talk about to help drown out spam on the RMB.

*nods* A CommRanger RMB activity device.

2 hours ago, Westwind said:

*slides a chocolate mousse in a Guinness glass with a cherry on top to Dark*

Maybe you'd prefer this Jack Daniels Whiskey Fudge I just stumbled upon....

https://www.wineandglue.com/jack-daniels-whiskey-fudge/

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Westwind said:

Yeah, Eli's thread is a good idea, but it's going to be too cluttered. Each old timer needs their own thread. I was asked to do a lecture at the NS Worlds Fair one year, and I couldn't limit it to any one subject so I asked for it to be a Q&A, which it was. I think much to Unibot's chagrin, he lost control of the questions and they weren't going where he wanted. I think people had fun though, which is more important.

Okay.....here's ten random questions for you to consider.....or not.

1. What was you favorite thing about the Neutral Territory conference, of which you were an admin. What was the thing that bothered you the most at Neutral Territory?

(One of Westwind's memories......as I am brought in as a 'Moderator' (hidden Admin) at Neutral Territory, Dark introduces herself to me and tells me "we're alot older than you think". I chuckled to myself, already knowing Gates age, and knowing that I'm a couple years older than Dark.) 

2. What was the first region you moved to after founding?

Wow!  There are a lot of questions here.  I'll take them a couple at a time for the sake of my continued employment.

1.  Neutral Territory was the first major NS event that I had been entrusted to run.  The idea, of course, was that people from all parts of what we coined in that conference as "Gameplay" would come together in a Neutral Territory to speak frankly with one another about the "crisis" of inactivity that seemed to be plaguing the game and specifically GCRs.  It was an honor, that people had finally begun to release the idea that I was a spy and accepted that I was capable of maintaining neutrality and control over the diverse group.  I wish I still had the forum, but I have long since forgotten it's address and it's passwords.  My favorite moments were when Mods began commenting in a helpful, realistic, non-hostile manner.  Having spent so much time among invaders/raiders during those days, I had a poor opinion of their ability to be unbiased.  Their participation legitimized the conference.  I was surprised and disappointed at how angry TSP became, and how they believed that the whole thing had been organized to tear their government/region down.  I did eventually lose control of the conference and it became a shouting match typical of today's  r/d standards.  But for the first two weeks it was a glorious coming together of players who were concerned for their favorite game's health.

2.  My first nation was called "TryThisGame."  It was born in TP, I think.  But I didn't stay long with that name/nation and 3 months later, Darkesia was born into NationStates in The North Pacific, I think.  2005 in TNP was High Drama.  I didn't need to go anywhere to find excitement.  I was extremely confused by the whole thing and the plethora of unwritten rules.  I am cursed with a need to know how things work.  I knew that Defenders were king of the game at that time and I tried to fit in.  I made typical noobie mistakes in attempting to join Grub et al.  Once they rejected me, I was determined to learn the hidden rules of the game and thus became a spy for every alphabet org in the game at the time.  I met TAO and Dilber during this time and Karpathos, and Blackbird and Pope Hope and and and…  It was a fun and absorbing time for me.  So, what region did I move to first?  All of them of significant size!  lol

Of that time, I found a few places I consider homes:  Lemuria; filled mostly with people exhausted by the ADN/NPO (PRP) proxy wars.  Invaders (now no more); filled mostly with brilliant players from the Meritocracy.  Gatesville (forever represented in my flag) with it's enthusiastic populace/Army and cunning strategists behind the scenes. And TWP; the democratic powerhouse (shocking!); The region that kept accepting me back into the fold despite some rather grievous offenses against them.  TP and it's sense of theatrics and brilliant intellectual leadership.  TNP was a home for a long time, and while I will always remember fondly the people I met there, their style of play and tendency toward verbose legislative RP was not my particular love and we parted ways.  There was a region I hid myself in for a long time.  It's where Mumbled Curses lived.  I can't remember the name of it.  It was a region that experimented with different forms of governments and kept itself completely isolated from greater NS.  It was my haven.  I'm a little disappointed in myself for forgetting it's name...  Liberty something.  JAL started a region based on the Wild West theme.  It was a Defender front, but it was a fun group of players.  The region that Cathyy and IP started...  It's still around, but I can't recall it's name.  I made great friends there.  

So many great regions and so many great players.  I believe that NS Gameplay is again a vibrant, thriving place of intrigue and politics and I'm excited to become a part of it once more.

That's a lot of words!  I'll work on the next two questions later.

4 hours ago, Darkesia said:

Wow!  There are a lot of questions here

It seemed a little light on questions in your thread :P. Had to give you a chance to expound a bit more.

I have long since forgotten it's address

Can't help you with the password, but:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Neutral_Territory/index.php?

I was surprised and disappointed at how angry TSP became

Yeah, they were unhinged. Right when folks signed up for the board it told you - Blue sky thinking here, leave your gameplay biases at the door - and instead they barged in towards the end of the conference and told everyone how evil everyone was for ever even thinking about thinking about raids. On Westwind, Sir Lans (FRA) said, "He's destroying the game!" because I dared to propose 'The Destroyers' to remove 'deadwood' regions from the game. (TAO presented the same general idea in another form).

Liberty something

Liberty Alliance perhaps? 

https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_liberty_league

It's the Liberty League and it still exists!  It looks like it's a sentimental monument for the founder now.  It never had more than a hand full of active members, but it was a nice change from the intrigue.

And I recovered the password to NT, thanks to you!  I don't have a clue what I'll do with the forum.  But I'm happy to have it so I can read the posts like flipping through a old photo album.  I noticed that we removed all the extraneous posts and cleaned it up for the archiving of it.  I guess I used to have a lot more time on my hands.

3 hours ago, Elegarth said:

Would you had accepted emperorship of NPO had it been offered to you?

In a hot, pickled minute.  My one regret from my former life in NS was that I never became the NPO's first Empress.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  Just ask Moo. ;)

I promise to get to more of Westy's questions tonight.  I just wanted to answer that one since it had a nice straight answer.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Westwind said:

3. What, if any role, did you play in The Crimson Order events of The North Pacific ten years ago? Gatesville was there in support, TAO was TWP Delegate. Ivan was secretly in my government. (There's alot untold about Crimson, heh, .....there was the near TNP/TP war in the midst of that.)

4. Which did you enjoy more? Your first term or second term as TWP Delegate?

5. What positions did you hold in The Pacific? We're you a member of both NPO and PRP?

So, I have been trying to answer these for hours now.  I get half way there and need to close the window for work.  Here is a shortened version of the answers.  If anyone wants a more detailed explanation, I'll try to give it at a later date.

3.  Honestly, all the coups and Theatrical events have started blending together for me.  I remember The Crimson Order but I keep getting mixed up between Equilism and TNP.  I recall the members of Order and their "main" identities.  But I didn't participate directly other than lobbying GV participation.  And since I can't recall if I was a TWP Guardian, or GV Delegate at the time, I can't recall how much lobbying I actually had to do.  lol  I recall more about the TNP/TP friction because so much of it involved raw emotions on the part of some TNP folks chafing under their transformation.  And some of it was openly directed at me for my associations with TP and the Old Regimes of TNP (including Ivan's tenure(s)).

4.  Hmmm...  Which did I enjoy more?  My second term, despite the way it ended (URAP *shivers*) was much more enjoyable, if less eventful.  I actually had fun the second time around.  The first time was fraught with lots of drama and bad feelings and I left my post months earlier than planned because I was stupid enough to let the game start effecting my health.  The Game wasn't helping me blow off stress, at that time it was adding to my already considerable stress load from RL.  Frankly it was leave the post early or have a damned stroke.  As my game relationship with Biyah was permanently damaged by events in Lemuria years prior, my personal relationship with him was damaged by events in TWP.  We are only now becoming carefully cordial outside of the game for the sake of someone we both care about.  All that being said, I believe I had more impact on the region with my first term and with my service as a Guardian where I made my focus the recruitment and placement of NEW blood in the big chair.  I'm proud of that.

5.  The short answer is that I held every position I wanted except the one I wanted most (see above).  PRP Governor, People's Puppet operative, Comrade Senator of Intelligence in the NPO and whatever they called Interior and FA.

OK.  I am pushing the button on this before I have to close the window again.