NS reminisces

Eli

Dec 3 2002 I had just got to work, same office I'm in now just three different owners since then. Browsing National Review, Jonah Goldberg's column said check out nationstates.net, I'm still here.

That morning as I was getting out of the car, Eli's Coming; Three Dog Night version was playing, so I'm humming Eli's Coming.

My first nation was born that day, Eli was and is a libertarian leaning plain spoken type...

I had to have been born in the Pacific, since it was the only GCR at the time, I think this actually pre-dated the Rejected Realms *scratches head*

Soon I went to the Capitalist Alliance, founded by New Caithness who is still around today as El-Cid, and started building alliances between my nation and others in that UCR. I ran for Delegate, in game only, and got elected. Not too long after this I woke up in some other region, I don't believe there were founders yet, and discovered to my chagrin/pleasure that I'd been ejected from the Capitalist Alliance by some sordid scoundrels going by the name of the Atlantic Alliance. <insert boos and hisses here> It seems that they had discovered they could take over regions with a bit of organization and a bull rush to the endorsement button of their favorite take over figurehead. It was a result that had never crossed my mind.

I did a bit of looking around and found out that there were some in the Meritocracy that would help us recover our region. Some treaty organization that Free4All was in, so we in the CA joined it. This eventually resulted in us overtaking the AA's figurehead (or they got bored and went elsewhere) and in Eli becoming interested in the Meritocracy. https://www.nationstates.net/page=news/2003/12/12/index.html.

*I'll add to this later this will become a very postzilla type deal before long*

I was 16 years old when I found Nationstates in 2004 (hence the name 'the poo dynasty'... erm, yeah).  

I'm 30 now.  :wacko:

Along the way, I think I was a dick to most everyone here at some point in my career, particularly in my late teenage years (sorry about that).  My first three years in the game were spent spinning tires as a younger and dumber version of Cormac, first as a rigidly hardcore Francoist, then as an ADN hardliner, then back to a more antagonistic gameplayer, etc.  I matured just a bit in my early 20s and stopped taking the game so damned seriously, which in turn enabled me to become a somewhat better player and coup a bunch of places.  Afterwards, I spent a year or two boasting endlessly about it on the NS GP forums and elsewhere.  Eventually, I lost interest in this and "retired" about 5 years ago, which brings me to the present.    

Some of my best memories of the game were from the old s8 TWP forum.  TWP had a completely unrealistic government structure at the time -- loosely based on the US Constitution as far as I could tell, and with a figurehead delegate.  But the player base at the time was so great that it didn't matter.  I even miss F&P; in fact he's one of the few I miss the most.  The kid could always be counted on to spice up a debate lol.  Back then, we fought over lofty ideals, like offsite forum democracy vs Francoism or whatever, and that made the game stimulating.  Now, it's just boring and endless R/D drivel, as it's been for the last 5-10 years.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:23 PM, The Poo Dynasty said:

I was 16 years old when I found Nationstates in 2004 (hence the name 'the poo dynasty'... erm, yeah).  

I'm 30 now.  :wacko:

Along the way, I think I was a dick to most everyone here at some point in my career, particularly in my late teenage years (sorry about that).  My first three years in the game were spent spinning tires as a younger and dumber version of Cormac, first as a rigidly hardcore Francoist, then as an ADN hardliner, then back to a more antagonistic gameplayer, etc.  I matured just a bit in my early 20s and stopped taking the game so damned seriously, which in turn enabled me to become a somewhat better player and coup a bunch of places.  Afterwards, I spent a year or two boasting endlessly about it on the NS GP forums and elsewhere.  Eventually, I lost interest in this and "retired" about 5 years ago, which brings me to the present.    

Some of my best memories of the game were from the old s8 TWP forum.  TWP had a completely unrealistic government structure at the time -- loosely based on the US Constitution as far as I could tell, and with a figurehead delegate.  But the player base at the time was so great that it didn't matter.  I even miss F&P; in fact he's one of the few I miss the most.  The kid could always be counted on to spice up a debate lol.  Back then, we fought over lofty ideals, like offsite forum democracy vs Francoism or whatever, and that made the game stimulating.  Now, it's just boring and endless R/D drivel, as it's been for the last 5-10 years.

Saying that you even miss F&P is quite a statement. Most of us barely liked him -- awesome human, but oh my god his views were so annoying at times, that whenever he replied something in the forums I was already shaking my head before reading. Great times!

19 hours ago, The Church of Satan said:

I miss NS like it was in 2013-2014. Everyone knew who hated who. Now everyone is sneaking around behind each other's backs and nobody knows who they can trust and I don't like it. hKBceeb.gif

Ironically, everyone sneaking around behind each other's backs was Early nationstate as well.

p.s.  hi halmont.

19 hours ago, Dilber said:

Ironically, everyone sneaking around behind each other's backs was Early nationstate as well.

p.s.  hi halmont.

Hi Dilber, talk to me about those freaking squats!!? omg.

I also started writing a post here, and kinda hit the back button and lost it. *shakes head* 

And yes, all human behaviors have been present in NS since the beginning. Poker faces were easy back then. I should know. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so then after I was consul, lictor, etc at the Merit I created some clones for the North Pacific shenanigans with Great Bight all that mess.

One was Soviet Urinals, one was Wickedly evil people, amongst many others;  after the successful thing with taking out the TNP people I moved Wep to TWP at Dilber's invitation and endorsed everyone in sight. Though I must say I was inactive on the s8 forum, had too much going on trying to defend the Merit from the Libertarian mess, those guys were fairly annoying, not for being flaming Ayn Randers (though think about that for a minute, how boring) but for being so damned convinced they're right. Anyone that into their kool aid has to be wrong.

so hanging around in TWP I ended up, some how, having the second most endorsements. As Westy always said no one can click as fast as Eli, I had some pretty good software helping, ;) courtesy of dilber and our good friends in The Pacific :D  . 

Then the craziness that was Minineenee leaving the delegacy ensued and I woke up Delegate one day with no plan, what a culture shock was about to ensue.

lol

*waves at old friends*

more another day