Observations

Eli

I'm going to vent.

It's stupid to think that banning AR 15s could have prevented the recent school shooting.

It's stupid to not ban AR 15s, no one can make a coherent argument for a private citizen to own one. But remember it's just symbolism, there are 300,000,000 guns in the USA.

It's ridiculous that the FBI didn't do something about the shooter.

I bet they get 10k of those warnings a month, humans-mistakes are pretty common.

I've never owned a gun legally myself, 35 years ago I illegally owned an Uzi machine pistol with a fully automatic trigger mechanism. I lived in Illinois at the time so they were illegal there. I traded it for a 10 speed bicycle, once I sawed a limb off a sapling with a magazine I couldn't figure out why I'd want to do that again.

Very little if any property crime in my area, everyone owns a gun (except me). You walk in someone's back yard without a compelling reason you're putting your personal safety at risk. More likely from their dog, I doubt Mr and Mrs Average could hit a Suburban with their Glock 17 from further than 10-15 feet. Ricochets on the other hand could be a problem. There is a reason the AT+T guy and the Charter guy where those neon vests and it isn't traffic. It's to make sure Mr/Mrs Suburbia don't light them up.

Cnn is a fucking joke, so is Fox. Chris Cuomo should be flayed, while tied to Shawn Hannity, being flayed at the same time.

Not really but surely neither one is as stupid as the characters they portray on their nightly BS, if they are God help us all.

It's too bad that outright lies and propaganda is peddled as news, Reality TV for ratings rather than facts is all it is.

more later, time to go pay for this mess...

• 2 weeks later...

Amen.

I'll continue the rant for you.

I haven't watched mainstream or cable news in years.  It's all worthless propaganda and lies. I'm much more informed than those buffoons.  Even the local paper puts out "Breaking News" about things I've known about for months, sometimes years. It's pathetic. Most 'journalism' is dead. (There ARE good journalists, but they are hard to find - the media doesn't want them, they aren't entertaining enough for ratings.....gotta get that almighty cash!)

And I see millions of idiots on social media regurgitating those lies. God help Mankind, the fundamentals of brainwashing are in play. 

Once upon a time I decided to buy a 22 rifle. World food reserves were low, the economy in shambles, and being in the middle of nowhere I need to make sure I can get something to eat if I need it. (Once upon a time a train derailment took out the power for a week here in the dead of winter, one must be prepared for anything here, no one else is going to take care of you.) A friend of mine is an ex-cop and border patrol. Used to go undercover infiltrating gangs. He makes his own knives, repairs guns. He told me I was choosing the wrong gun.  "You're disabled, you need to be able to defender yourself when things go bad. You need a handgun."  Okay, so I think about a 22 handgun along with the rifle.  "No" he said. "A 22 will only make an attacker mad at you."  He approved of the Smith and Wesson 40 I bought. I fired it once. I don't like handguns, I like rifles. I know it works, hope I never need it.

If you are being attacked, cops won't protect you. They aren't there with you. And when they do get the call, they aren't going to be there for 20 minutes. You MUST be able to protect yourself. Look at those keystone cops in Broward County. They stood outside while the kids were murdered. They didn't protect them. The Sheriff told them to stand down. SWAT officers from another county trying to respond were disciplined for trying to help. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!  

Have you seen the video of Sheriff Israel speaking at a SWAT training session? He tells them they should "run and hide".  WHAT THE HELL!?!?! That man needs to be in prison. Innocent children's blood is on his hands.

The "No NRA" organization that's fundraising for gun control in Florida?  They were formed the day after the shooting. Profiting from death. They were formed by the LGBTQ rights organization Equality Florida. The "No NRA" logo on their website is hosted on the Equality Florida server. Equality Florida is run by yet another Democratic organization of which Sheriff Israel is a member.  It's a political sham.  The money is headed for the Democratic National Committee, because the DNC is broke and desperate for money in an election year.  FOR SHAME!!!!  Raising money on the deaths of 17 children so you can get re-elected. There's a special place in hell for those people. 

There needs to be consequences for these horrendous actions, and it has nothing to do with guns.

People are so terribly ill informed.  My daughter and I went to see Black Panther last weekend.  We think it sucked. They bragged about all this 'advanced technology' that no one else has.  I've seen RL weapons much more advanced than that make-believe. You'd be stunned to know what's going on in the middle east these days.  The GCC has weapons far beyond what the US has. There are mini-drone fired missiles that can implode a man in the middle of a crowd without harming anyone in the crowd. I've seen it in action. A man turned into a spray of blood and was gone. The crowd looked around trying to figure out what happened.  Directed pressure wave explosions that can take out a gun emplacement without harming the soldiers.  There are remote little 'Watchers' flying around everywhere in Syria.  They took out all of Syria, Iran and Russia's generals.  The war is all but over there, but the media will never tell you. ISIS is done too.  North Korea threat is over, and Iran is next.  Peace is breaking out all over the world and all the media can do is talk about hookers and broadcast know-nothing propagandized kids for gun control. Idiots one and all.  There are US Navy ships with lasers now. Fighter jets with lasers. There are "Rods of God" kinetic weapons, which likely took out that mountain Kim Jong Un was testing nukes in. All his nuke scientists were killed. Hasn't been a nuke test or missile launch since then. Why do you think he's suing for peace now? Yes, there will be peace by the end of the year, although I'm hearing as early as late June.  The Trump/Kim meeting is only a formality, it's already a done deal. They already met in November. The Korean War was never concluded, but it will be this year.  It's a miracle. In coming years, things will get better for the North Korean people. Thank God!

The media wants war and conflict, it's good for ratings. They don't give a shit about you and I. They don't want peace. They don't know how to make money off of peace. 

Did they report that Saudi Arabia and Israel are now allies?  The GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) gave Israel $3 Trillion dollars to develop those advanced weapons. Yes, I said Trillion. The Saudi's have the money and the Israelis have the tech. GCC is why ISIS is gone. GCC is why Syria is over. GCC is slowing working on Yemen. The GCC has an entirely new kind of soldier. 50 of these soldiers amphibiously landed in Yemen and divided into two groups.  One group attacked and killed 10,000 Houthis rebels. The other held off 40,000 rebel troops.Those 40k retreated from 25 GCC soldiers after they were reduced to 20k. And they are quietly supporting the protests in Iran that have been ongoing since December. The Mullahs are finally going down.  Pay close attention to MbS in Saudi Arabia. He's a hero and is going to reshape the middle east. Women can now drive in Saudi, go to soccer matches, vote....all because of MbS. People are going to love him.

It is the most bloodless, successful military actions ever. GCC was able to evacuate an entire ISIS held city without a single death. 200,000 were scared into evacuating the city without firing a single bullet.

And that's just some areaa they won't tell you about. Major changes are happening worldwide. Changes for the better and the media doesn't want you to know about it because they can't monetize it.

The world is changing. Don't be left behind.

I could go on and on.....but it's all so far out of what people are being told, no one believes reality anymore because it doesn't match the lies they've been told to believe. 

More on Syria?  To my knowledge, all but one of Syria's generals are dead.  All Iran's generals in Syria are dead (this is helping the protests in Iran - the Revolutionary Guard is only able to defend Tehran now).  They keep showing old clips of their top General Suleiman in Iran to try to cover up the fact he was killed in Syria. Russia has been pulling out of Syria for months.  It's all over but the conclusion and clean up. It will take time yes, but the worse is over. 

Turkey invaded Syria again to attack the Kurds.  They told their people they were victorious and showed film on Turkish TV to show the victory.  The film was fake. The soldiers in the film were using blanks, not real bullets, it was file footage from training.  The reality?  The Turks lost bad, turned tail and ran home. They've been pretty quiet since then.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah in Lebanon is in the process of being dismantled...again by the GCC. Things are safe enough in Lebanon that the US is giving the Lebanese Army new weapons. I've seen maps of all Hezbollah's missile sites and weapon stores scattered across Lebanon and Syria.  They are going down. GCC is infiltrating them at the squad level.

Where is CNN? FOX? NBC? ABC? CBS? BBC? Out to lunch worrying about social justice bullshit. TURN IT OFF!

I've been privy to some very indepth, horrible truths lately. What's been done the past 30+ years is worse than you worst nightmare. 60 years even. Some of it I've known since the 90's, but damn....it's worse than I imagined.

Turn off the fantasy propaganda. It's not good for you.

• 1 month later...

Great posts WW and Eli.

I went to Japan last January.  Great to get away from the claws of the western media for a while.  I came back to the media spinning a bad date by Aziz Ansari as sexual harassment, and wall to wall coverage of the latest vagina hat marches.  Our country is so lost.

I am not a gun nut BTW.  If they want to pass some restrictions on assault weapons, then fine, but I think it's rich that the left claims to be moral arbiters on issues of crime and law enforcement while they simultaneously buddy up with the BLM whackjobs and the illegal immigration lobby on the regular.  Yeah, I'll support some new gun laws... when I get common sense immigration enforcement in return.  I'm not holding my breath.  We have a right to own guns in this country, but there is no right to immigrate anywhere in the Constitution last time I checked.