States of Glory

[PASSED] Liberate Iran

liberate.pngLiberate Iran

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): Iran

Proposed by: feux__849056t2.jpgFeux

The Security Council,

Noting Iran has a treasured history that is important to the international community,

Regretting that the natives were misled by an invasion which ultimately resulted in the region's destruction behind a password,

Observing the similarities between the invasion of Greece, which resulted in Security Council Resolution #29, and the invasion of Iran:

• August 5/7, 2013: Gharechi (also known as Avalonian persia) and Persepolis the great appeared in Iran. Persepolis the Great had been founded that very same day. Gharechi released a dispatch that day explaining their "intentions" for moving to Iran. This group antagonized the regional community while making false accusations against the native delegate.

• December 8 2014: Baharestan took the delegacy with the support of Gharechi and Persepolis the Great and promptly ejected and banned natives. Natives were encouraged by Baharestan, Gharechi et al. to leave Iran for a backwater region named Shahish Empire that was controlled by Persian Empire (which directed the occupation of Greece). The reason given for this policy - to conserve regional influence - was plainly false. Presumably, the real intent of the policy was to mislead natives from the region to accelerate its abandonment and annihilation.

• May - August 2014: Persepolis the Great replaces Avalonian Persia as delegate, who replaced Baharestan.

• August 15, 2014: Persepolis the Great alters the password of the region.

• September 8, 2014: Twenty four days later, Persepolis the Great resigns from the World Assembly.

Recognizing that a native at the time, iramerica__784978t2.pngIramerica, attempted to save the region with a liberation proposal on May 12 2014, though the nation was temporarily removed from the World Assembly for plagiarizing Security Council Resolution #29, “Liberate Greece,” putting the community at a further disadvantage,

Believing that this honored council has failed the community of Iran and ought to do everything in its power to promote security, growth and stability in the region to correct this wrong,

Encouraging interested parties to ensure the security of the region upon the passing of this resolution so that a community can develop,

Hereby Liberates Iran.

Finally, a proposal!

Detailing exactly how the region got griefed is a nice touch (you can thank Unibot for that). Normally, I wouldn't really consider a fairly small region to fall under the Security Council's remit, but I do think that an exception should be made for regions that are named after RL countries. Destroying such regions just doesn't sit right with me and the invading force is clearly not going to do anything worthwhile with it, so I don't see why this region shouldn't finally be opened for a new community to develop.

Overall, my recommendation is to vote 'for'.

I think it's well-written enough to be worthy of support.

FOR.

2 hours ago, Big Bad Badger said:

I wonder if we should vote against in deference to the author and his connections to our friends in Lazarus and The Pacific?

Against

I don't see why we should do such that. It seems unfounded.

57 minutes ago, Willania Imperium said:

I think it's well-written enough to be worthy of support.

FOR.

I don't see why we should do such that. It seems unfounded.

It is not unfounded. Nice work on disregarding my concern rather than inquiring.

Seems that people dgas about the author's past, so why should I. Actually Feux and I have got along for some time.

Changing my position to apathetic.

It is not unfounded. Nice work on disregarding my concern rather than inquiring.

Seems that people dgas about the author's past, so why should I. Actually Feux and I have got along for some time.

Changing my position to apathetic.

I apologize if I sounded like I was ignoring your thoughts. I merely intended to express that I didn't understand why we should vote against it. I didn't mean to sound like I was belittling them.

Well, that sure escalated quickly.

@Willania Imperium: There is nothing wrong with inquiring as to the reason why a fellow citizen voted a certain way. However, there is a good and a bad way of doing so. Badger is a former Delegate and the incumbent Minister of Recruitment and Citizenry; I think that it might have been prudent to show him a little more respect. If you're unsure about something, no-one's going to snap at you for asking; on the contrary, demonstrating an interest in NS history ought to be encouraged. Indeed, I myself learned something new; none of us can be expected to know every single detail about the history of the game, after all.

Bottom line: Feel free to ask questions in a polite manner. Don't feel free to dismiss the advice of your superiors without so much as an inquiry. Despite what 1984 may have told you, ignorance is not strength.

@Big Bad Badger: Listen, man, I respect you and your experience in TWP and abroad. I appreciate you enlightening us on a piece of history of which I was not aware. However, while Will didn't handle things in the best manner, your initial comment was rather vague. Not all of us are going to have heard about Feux's past in the NPO and Lazarus, so I can understand why Will may have assumed that you had a chip on your shoulder. That doesn't excuse his subsequent response, of course, but you should have been the better man in this instance and led by example by replying in a restrained tone rather than escalating the situation. 

Bottom line: I respect you and I can see why you were annoyed at Will, but personally, from one Minister to another, I think you could have toned it down a notch. 

4 hours ago, Atlae said:

Given that both Lazarus's and the Pacific's delegates both voted for this, I don't think they are voting based on Feux authoring it.

I  believe that they voted before I made my first post. However I thought it was worth considering, since this was an event that shook the GCR world not too long ago.