The Mapplication™ Thread - Join the world of Esferos!

@Night_stalker, @Wymondham, @Dilber, @Ark, @Arnic, @Triestine

Either you aren't a member of the RP Discord server or you are and I don't know your discord ID. Please join the server with this link to get the most out of TWP RP, especially as that is where most announcements go out right now (until we get the forums more organized)

12 hours ago, novasamita said:

How do I identify what territories have been claimed or unclaimed? And is it OK to claim land not marked by borders?

Since claims need to be made in this thread, and we will post with the most recent update, you should be able to go back and check for any claims since the most recent edition. Right now there's just two--Imperial Shaustria, just south of Wymondham, and Einherfell, south of Libterraria. And yes, it's perfectly fine to claim land not marked by borders. Claims can be as vague as specific as you like, but we reserve the right to adjust claims in order to maintain balanced country sizes and location (we don't want someone to hog all the coastline, for example).

Good evening Bran, I hope the Sasquatches are treating you well~

I have found a plot or plots of land I think would be well suited for my Queendom of Mnenne. I would love the Chain of Islands above Mediobogdum, if not the chain, then please just the Island north of the Salacian Sea. Longitude and Latitude of the Area I would prefer is between 20 West and 65 North. Anywhere in that area would do.

Queen Alukhe XI, of Mnenne.. (This message was brought to you by Messenger Dove, please feed this bird some seeds and send her on her way.)

mourning dove.jpg

14 minutes ago, Harsh said:

I want to add my nation in the map.what do I do add it?

All you have to do (now that you're in the Hall of Nations) is say here where you'd like to be added. The cartographers can choose for you, if you like, or you can pick one of the pre-made countries on the map, or you can pick a general area not already drawn-out ("unincorporated territory," if you will), or if you want you can take a screenshot of the map, draw on what you'd like your borders to look like, and post it here. All you have to do is ask for a spot, you can give as much detail (or not) as you'd like.

Of course, the cartographers reserve the right to modify your request to have it in-keeping with the realism and context of the map.

Nations in danger of losing their place on the map: @The Empire of Einherfell, @Flare, @genocidalAnthropologist, @Ark, @WaRlorder, and @ete74

If you do not wish to lose your place on the map, please reapply for citizenship on the TWP forums by midnight GMT (7 pm EST) on Friday the 3rd (23 hours from the posting of this announcement) or you will be removed. Please contact myself, Reçueçn, or Aelitia when you reapply.

This message will be repeated on the RP discord.

I would like to have my nation in map,the following are my nation's information:-

Nation's continent: cartographers can choose this.

Nation's capital city: the capital city would be in the middle of the nation.

Nation's borders-the cartographers can draw the borders however they like.

Nation's geography- just mountains on the north.

Alrighty, here's what I came up with.this might be a tad bit long, but I'll make some tldr's:

Nation's name: The Federation of Burakis

Discord: Mrfusion51

Description : 

Burakis is a country filled with villages, town's, and city's that use extensive underground and multi level planning (stating this to show that Burakis has pretty extensive underground developments, along with possible caverns and caves). It also builds upwards extensively as well. In comparison to real world communities, it does great with managing urban sprawl. 

Inspiration is mainly from stuff like alpha complex from paranoia, judge dredd, the city in Logan's run, vault tec, etc. Also, real world examples including the underground city in Russia, Toronto underground, the nuclear scare during the later 20th century, the gilded age, and various others. Culturally, Burakis is inspired places such as Eastern Europe, the United states, Mexico, etc. The country also uses a more retro look and heavily uses brutalism, art deco, etc. Basically, walking into a lab or hospital in Burakis is like walking into a 70s sci fi set. Quite a bit of the stuff in the country is automated and vending machines are everywhere.

Not all communities in the country are like this though, as some look like gilded age company town's or something that came out of a wild west film, these are some of the remnants of the horrible and technologically advanced old reign that came before Burakis. Due to its violent end, much of the land, the technology, and civilization in the country was devastated and lost and for a decade the country was in chaos. But thanks to the groups that formed the modern government of Burakis, the country turned into the glorious state that it is today.

GEOGRAPHY: Most the country is covered in grassy plains and hills most of the northern part of the country, while the center north west has the country's only desert located in it, which is basically a combination of the Mojave desert, the Rio grande desert, and various other locations.  It also has splotches of the Texan plains in it as well.

The south part of the country is covered in quite a bit of vegetation, with both jungle and swampy environments. Over half the southern part of the country is covered in bayous and swampy landscapes with some splotches of grassy plains coming in from the north. This part of the country is mainly in the south east.

In the South Western part of the country, is a land filled with jungle and tropical beauty. One of the most notable things in this area is the country's smallest mountain, situated in the center south of the area. The country is also surrounded by more tropical and forestry environments on it's borders as well, and it's small islands also have similar environments. Alternatively, this could also just be swampland.

The country also has a extensive underground environment and has three mountains, one in the south west, one in very north east, and one situated very close to the desert,but still mostly in the grasslands in the center of the country. Besides the central mountain, the other two have a thriving ski lodge industry and a few mountain resort town's. 

The country also has a few artificial lakes, one being next to the central mountain.

The location of the capitol known as wondersin: it is placed very close to the mountain in the southeast. It still however is in the more grassy area of the country. It's also connected to the lake mentioned earlier. It also uses nuclear and renewables like the rest of the country.

I have no idea how to simplify the geography, so on to pictures

These are the two locations I was looking at. Sorry for the long post, could not figure how to simplify my words.

Screenshot_20200105-091814~2.png

Screenshot_20200105-091751~2.png

extra info for fujai to put onto the spreadsheet, love you dude lol thanks for all the hard work you and bran and mark do

capital city - heimdallr
demonym - einherfellian
government type - representative monarchy
head of gov - giliath tyrborne 
head of state king caliban arnor III
conversion rate - 1USD - 0.77 mira
military - 200.013
military per 1000 capita - UHHHHH idk
compulsory service? - no
%of GDP - 5%
money spent on - 37.140.586.552 miras
cultural inspirations - norway, japan, greece, rome, netherlands
language - einherfellian, libterrarian, novian (minority) tethysian (minority)
no religion 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:00 AM, The Empire of Einherfell said:

extra info for fujai to put onto the spreadsheet, love you dude lol thanks for all the hard work you and bran and mark do

capital city - heimdallr
demonym - einherfellian
government type - representative monarchy
head of gov - giliath tyrborne 
head of state king caliban arnor III
conversion rate - 1USD - 0.77 mira
military - 200.013
military per 1000 capita - UHHHHH idk
compulsory service? - no
%of GDP - 5%
money spent on - 37.140.586.552 miras
cultural inspirations - norway, japan, greece, rome, netherlands
language - einherfellian, libterrarian, novian (minority) tethysian (minority)
no religion 

Updated for ya! I put your military per 1k capita as 14.9 since the sheet calculates the total number from that and that was as close as it would get given the amount of precision we were using, so the total number is a couple hundred higher than what you put. You can regard that as an estimate and just say  that whoever's compiling the stats made some errors if you like (since that's essentially what happened). 

You should also be able to make comments directly on the sheet which we will be able to come by and resolve, if in the future there's more you want to change or add. In general this thread is specifically for map requests.

• 3 weeks later...

@Burakis, @Harsh, @Mulvana, @novasamita, I'm just acknowledging that we're aware of your requests as we move towards the February update. Acceptance/finalization decisions will be made at the time of the update. Thank you all for your patience. As always, any other members of the Hall of Nations are free to request a spot on the map here at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey hey it's that time of the month again... yes, I mean the map update! This month we welcome  @Burakis, @novasamita, @Mulvana, @Edbman, @Boda, and @Taledo.

Unfortunately, some members and fallen inactive and lost citizen status, and with it, their place on the map. @CringeyDolphin@Noahh, and @setne550, if you want to hop back on the map, just drop a line here and make sure to keep posting every month to keep your citizenship. [ok, 

You will notice time zones have been added to the map. If you are not happy with your nation's time zone(s), mention it on discord or message a cartographer and we can change that in a future update.

However, let's keep this thread purely for map requests and update announcements. Mulvana, I'll be in touch about whatever images you need (but usually it should be easy to find the full size map file and screenshot the bit you need, which is the same thing I'll be doing).

So, here it is!

• 4 weeks later...

If this zone is not claimed yet, I'd like to make a land claim :)

Nation name: Republic of Daskel

Discord name: Narkov #0029

A short paragraph about your nation:

Daskel is a rising, seafaring land. Democracy is a big part of the nation's civil culture. Years ago, civic participation in politics was fading away, but current government's blunt move on civic education raised the percentage of active voters. The current goal of Daskel is to turn into a reference of inclusion and culture in their many forms. The national animal of Daskel is the Orca. The sighting of these mammals are fairly common on daskelian shores, and a welcomed presence for the nation's citizens.

Map claim as a png:

1172035841_Landclaim.png.4e633ee04892ad5b2acd0e59939df4b1.png