States of Glory

[DEFEATED] Commend Northern Redlands

commend.pngCommend Northern Redlands

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation

Nominee: Northern Redlands

Proposed by: the_confederate_territory__377775t2.jpgThe Confederate Territory

The World Assembly,

COMMENDING The Northern Redlands for being an outstanding region in the world for new nations to be involved with regional government affairs,

NOTING that The Northern Redlands is a relatively new yet large region at the time of this proposal with member nations heavily influencing and bringing positive change to the world,

UNDERSTANDING that The Northern Redlands ranks its nations weekly in a fair manner and appoints officers and grants awards in accordance to that ranking,

ALSO UNDERSTANDING that The Northern Redlands promote desirable traits in the rankings, encouraging member nations to provide desirable traits such as a beautiful environment, public services, and world class human development,

BELIEVING that new nations should have a fair chance at representing the region by holding an officer position and strive for excellence,

ENCOURAGING member nations to vote on issues that affect the region to ensure all member nations have a say in regional affairs as well as join the World Assembly and vote on issues that affect the world,

PROMOTING world and regional peace while also allowing nations to freely build their armed forces as desired,

COMMENDING The Northern Redlands for these characteristics making it an outstanding region for the world to recognize.

I've never heard of this region, and looking at the proposal, I can't see a good reason for commendation. The fact that the author is the region's founder also makes me suspicious. Until further notice, my suggestion is to vote 'against'.

As I said before in the GA forums, I just don't see anything commendable. Sure, they've done some notable things, but they all seem run-of-the-mill and not really that special. Plus, the region as a whole is too new and inexperienced to deserve such a thing. They haven't really done anything yet worthy of interest in their month-long existence. All in all, it's most likely going to be "AGAINST."

3 hours ago, Davelands said:

Oh and this little bit of info kills any commendation in my book:
"Construction of embassies with KAISERREICH has commenced."

And that "most likely" just turned into "definitely."

Prepare your boots, everyone. We've got a proposal to stomp on!

9 hours ago, States of Glory said:

BELIEVING that new nations should have a fair chance at representing the region by holding an officer position and strive for excellence,

ENCOURAGING member nations to vote on issues that affect the region to ensure all member nations have a say in regional affairs as well as join the World Assembly and vote on issues that affect the world,

PROMOTING world and regional peace while also allowing nations to freely build their armed forces as desired,

These paragraphs are also extremely weird. Is it the WA or the Northern Redlands that is believing, encouraging and promoting?

Why does something like this reach quorum?

Well, Yuno et al. gave it a well-deserved early stomping. 162 FOR vs. 1886 AGAINST is a good start not even 3 hours in.