States of Glory

[PASSED] Commend Candlewhisper Archive

commend.pngCommend Candlewhisper Archive

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation

Nominee: candlewhisper_archive__495333t2.jpgCandlewhisper Archive

Proposed by: helaw__517971t2.pngHelaw

This venerable World Assembly,

Noting that every nation of the world faces an overwhelming variety of different political issues on a daily basis,

Believing that candlewhisper_archive__495333t2.jpgCandlewhisper Archive has shown exemplary dedication to presenting these issues to governments in an eloquent and accessible way,

Impressed by the clarity with which Candlewhisper Archive has conveyed the following selection of issues regarding a diverse range of important and multifaceted political circumstances to thousands of nations across the world:
• The decay of cultural awareness (known as 'The Show Must Go On')
• The recognition of depression and other mental illnesses (known as 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide')
• The healthcare applications of a DNA database (known as 'The Genetics Of Aesthetics'),

Bamboozled and befuddled by the incredibly short time period in which all of this has been achieved, and fully expecting Candlewhisper Archive to continue its good work long into the future,

Observing that the nominee has been a consistent source of wit and wisdom within a multitude of international discussions regarding a wide variety of topics in the past,

Certain that the world would be a particularly less engaging place to live were it not for the aforementioned contributions of the nominee,

Hereby commends candlewhisper_archive__495333t2.jpgCandlewhisper Archive.

I have no doubt that the nominee has excelled at their field. They certainly weren't made an Issues Editor for nothing. However, you may recall that earlier this year, while Badger was Delegate, the nominee stormed into the region and started to act smug about their disagreements with how we managed our internal affairs, an action that got them banned. While they are no longer on the banlist, I see no reason why we should reward such behaviour by supporting this commendation, so my recommendation is to stomp this.

While I agree that such smugness shouldn't be rewarded, I don't feel that should play a role in this proposal. Perhaps they might've been rude back then, but perhaps they've changed or became polite. Plus, I feel like this is just bringing up a dead horse to kick at again. Especially with those impressive achievements. So, while I usually follow the recommendations of the WA Minister, I feel like I'm going to keep the boots off. I just feel that this action down a year ago shouldn't play a part in how we vote about this person's commendation. But then again, I was never there, so I don't know how smug they were.

EDIT: After hearing that both the author and the nominee has voted against it, I think I'll change my vote to "Against" as well.

9 hours ago, States of Glory said:

However, you may recall that earlier this year, while Badger was Delegate, the nominee stormed into the region and started to act smug about their disagreements with how we managed our internal affairs, an action that got them banned.

If this had happened 2 or 3 years ago when the nominee was relatively new, it could be forgiven. But this banning happened recently and when they were supposed to be doing their good deeds.

Will be stomping as soon as it goes to vote.