What do you want from your Delegate ?

Westwind

The Office of The Delegate has a number of duties and responsibilities to the region to maintain.  And IMO, listening to the ideas and suggestions of our nations is among them.  What do you want from your Delegate ? Post your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, criticisms, complaints (mind the BBD Daleks in the complaint office).

To get your ideas rolling, I've been thinking of having some polls here on the forum, linked from the WFE to get the opinion of the nations of the region.  Do you have ideas for polls such as this ?  For example, how about a poll to select your favorite national flag in the region ?  The winner gets posted on the WFE for a week.  Or instead of a poll, I could just select whatever flag I tickles my fancy.

Or a poll on our regional flag.

Or how about a 10th Anniversary recognition program.  NS regions that are celebrating their 10th anniversary that are allied to TWP get their regional flag flown in TWP on their 10th Anniversary....

So.....what do you want from your Delegate ?

(glances at his page of notes of things to do upon taking the Delegacy)

*chuckles* I do have a telegram already written that I will send out when I take the seat.

I have always liked TWP's flag.  And I like that we've honored Tweedy with it.  But I am always interested in the input of the region, thus I asked :P  It's my inclination to return to the traditional TWP flag (sans Tweedy) or to use a new version,  an Imperial flag such as in my signature.

We could also have flag design contests.....winner gets their flag flying above TWP for a week....

I'm afraid those BBD Daleks were escapees from among the North Korean prototypes mentioned in WTF News .

*Looks accusingly at Westwind, but in a nice way*

Well....you weren't around at the time to finalize the deal with the North Koreans.  So I....handled it. 

*sets down a packet of crisps.....two pints of lager*

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
I'll have two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
I'll have some pickled onions,
And a little bit of cheese, please.
Thank you.

Eh. Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
And I've got all the right money
And all that, please.
Thank you.

Oi! Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
Ay! Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
I've been here half hour
And I'm getting very thirsty!

Over here!
Oi! Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
Why won't you serve me?

Two pints of lager—
Listen, I'm getting impatient, John!

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps.
Two pints of lager and a packet of fff crisps.
Two pints of lager and a packet of
(Time, gentlemen, please!)
And a packet of crisps.

Oh. Ooh.

• 4 weeks later...

Delegate Westwind,

I find it that we should host more interregional events and thus boosting international recognition that TWP once more is a feeder and is back to play business.

These events could lead to further improvements, investment in both us and those regions. I am perhaps speaking from a Deputy position when I ask this but, do you think we could get you to start to get the ball rolling in a co-operative Intelligence movement being regions? It'd make a job a lot easier in the sense of Intelligence Swaps, bargain with the allies and then infiltrate the enemy. 

Something to spur the movement.

I find it that we should host more interregional events and thus boosting international recognition that TWP once more is a feeder and is back to play business.

I agree, we should.  And I'd imagine that IH would appreciate any help with planning and organizing that he can get.

I am perhaps speaking from a Deputy position when I ask this but, do you think we could get you to start to get the ball rolling in a co-operative Intelligence movement being regions? It'd make a job a lot easier in the sense of Intelligence Swaps, bargain with the allies and then infiltrate the enemy.

Intelligence has changed alot over the years in NS.  But to some degree, some of the old methods and techniques are back in fashion.  Modern Intel is a mix of general observation throughout NS, maintanence of friendly contacts around NS, and agent infiltration.  Throughout the Ministries, a combination of these is already in use.  What is most important for the ISS at this time, is to recruit, train, and deploy new agents of our own.  We should not expect to depend upon the assistance of others.

Interregionally, intel cooperation happens through individual relationships, and treatied relationships.  Currently, TWP has one treatied relationship, that being with Equilism.  I am also in negotiations with Gatesville, and The Internationale at this time.  I have also been considering whether TWP should consider joining SovCon, or look for another multi-regional organization that respects both national and regional soveriegnty while promoting interregional cooperation.

The most successful NS Intel participants are those that become an imbedded part of the game.  They can be found in one form or another scattered around NS in multiple regions.  They constantly lurk on the major IRC channels, and are always on the lookout for new talent, and opportunities for ops that support their regions.

I would like to see us closer with the NPO, and I think AGP should use dispatches to store regional information, and these could be mentioned in mass telegrams. :)

New title for the delegacy?

I humbly suggest "Crimson King".

If this is unacceptable "Conductor" has a nice ring to it.