Saint Mark

Acceptance Speech by Halo

I am humbled that you have chosen me to be The West Pacific’s first Speaker of the Hall of Nations. I will do everything I can to be worthy of your trust. For those of you that did not vote for me, I understand. Drall was an excellent candidate. I am certain he will continue to support our region with his talent and insight.

As I stated in my platform, The West Pacific is, without a doubt, the best Pacific, with a character that is unparalleled … snarky and fun, but respectful. I will strive to preserve its unique qualities, while creating more opportunities for involvement.

My first act as Speaker is to open the three day standing period for the elections of the Minister of World Assembly Affairs, the Minister of Recruitment and Citizenry and the Sergeant-At-Arms. After discussion with the Delegate, these were determined to be those offices most important to fill first. Please refer to The Manners of Governance of The West Pacific for a description of these offices. Nominations for these posts should be placed in each of the designated threads. A nominee should accept or decline their nomination. Voting for these offices will begin after the three day standing period.

I hope many of you will seize this opportunity to help our Delegate to shape the future of our region … the best Pacific!

Congratulations Halo! We had an excellent race, and though I opposed you in our race, I fully support your election! I strongly encourage everyone to support Halo, as he is amazing and brilliant. I have full confidence that he will be an incredible first Speaker of the Hall of Nations, and that he will preserve the ideals of the Best Pacific. I strongly believe in Halo, both in his beliefs and his abilities. I stand with him completely, and I hope you all will too.

Congratulations again Halo! Lead us forward, as the first Speaker of the Hall of the Best Pacific!