TWP Holiday Ideas

Big Bad Badger

Well, there's New Year's, both Gregorian and Lunar, the solstices and equinoxes, perhaps a Mid-Winter Carnival, Delegate Day as a day of appreciation for our Delegate and Guardians, Roo Fur Rebellion day to commemorate when the pouchies were deposed, and a month completely devoted to TWP's national dish, Chocolate with coffee.

Perhaps The Weird Pacific could do with a completely nonsensical holiday that is in no way related to anything, such as Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster Day where we honor the accomplishments of Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster.

Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster is known for how he triumphantly rid his birth country of Ktildismibinijimistan of snails and cabbages by pouring tons of salt on them (we do not mention how this led to a great deal of trouble for farmers whose cabbage fields were now completely unfarmable, and the subsequent salt-shortage, and increased cost of snails and cabbages nationwide). He also invented the Two Slice Deflurgenbergtoaster Oven, or Toaster for short. He also invented the process of toasting, before him bread and bagels were either eaten cold or thoroughly burnt (it should also be mentioned that any toaster with a capacity for more than two slices of anything are works of the Devil, who is also Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster's evil twin). Seeing the famine and economic strife that his homeland suffered from (which were in no way a direct result of his own actions), Saint Deflurgenberg Toaster gave all of the profits from his Toaster back to his community, effectively ending homelessness and bringing about world peace for about 30 minutes. However, all the prophets from his Toaster led to a great deal of confusing and conflicting prophecies that the monks of Ktildisimibinijimistan are still trying to properly understand to this day. Saintdeflurgenbergtoaster tragically died in the middle of an outdoor karaoke party when he was ambushed and devoured by a pack of rabid snakes.

The proper actions for observing Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster Day (April 16th), otherwise known as The Feast of Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster as it takes place on the anniversary of this one time that Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster ate an entire jar of pickles in one sitting, are as follows:

- Eating toasted foods or otherwise using a two slice toaster.

-Admonishing those who use/own a toaster with a capacity for greater than two slices of bread.

-Pouring vast quantities of salt on things we dislike

-Giving alms to the poor

-Channeling the spiritual energy of toasters to create more prophecies to keep the monks of Ktildisimibinijimistan employed

-The especially devout may also honor Saint Deflurgenbergtoaster by commiting ritual suicide by sacrificing themselves to snakes.

This is just a rough idea though.

On a more sane sense, we should do something humanitarian and supportive, such as the Paint It Blue thing we did for World Diabetes Day last November. We could revive the Awareness Weekends campaigns and make it a regular thing instead of an one-time event. Or we could always do weekly Marsupial Massacre Mondays in order to purge the Jen Gov. World of these malicious monstrous menaces.

I'm reading and really enjoying many of these. As this would be in-game Holidays, this falls under my authority, so I'd like a couple of volunteers to formally take all this ideas, gives them format and sense, and then share them with me. Remember we ough to follow in-site rules and have a way to make this fun, and also are ABLE to put part of the Holiday in the forums, to engage more people.

Hariko, would you present a formal proposal?

I'm reading and really enjoying many of these. As this would be in-game Holidays, this falls under my authority, so I'd like a couple of volunteers to formally take all this ideas, gives them format and sense, and then share them with me. Remember we ough to follow in-site rules and have a way to make this fun, and also are ABLE to put part of the Holiday in the forums, to engage more people.

Hariko, would you present a formal proposal?

Sure; I'll be able to give it to you guys by Wednesday or sooner if possible.