Admin Requests Part Quatre

Winnipeg

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Overthinkers said:

Non-citizens can vote on polls (at least) in the Voting section of the Hall of Nations board. Is there a way to correct this?

I don't see where to limit polls to certain masks, perhaps I'm missing it.

WInni? Westy? Dark? Ideas?

I think we would have to restrict access to the whole sub forum in order to restrict poll voting within that forum.  Maybe we could try a separate forum just for polling within the voting area that would be password protected?  But that seems like an enormous pain in the ass and it might cause troubles with voting transparency.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:29 AM, Darkesia said:

I think we would have to restrict access to the whole sub forum in order to restrict poll voting within that forum.  Maybe we could try a separate forum just for polling within the voting area that would be password protected?  But that seems like an enormous pain in the ass and it might cause troubles with voting transparency.

I might suggest something...

Have a Forum for ongoing Votes, and once the vote is complete (read the poll is closed) then the thread could be moved to a Voting Results forum that the members can see.  Since the poll is closed they wouldn't be able to change it further, but then they would see the results.  Someone (a mod) would have to be in charge of moving the threads at the appointed times.

10 minutes ago, Winnipeg said:

I might suggest something...

Have a Forum for ongoing Votes, and once the vote is complete (read the poll is closed) then the thread could be moved to a Voting Results forum that the members can see.  Since the poll is closed they wouldn't be able to change it further, but then they would see the results.  Someone (a mod) would have to be in charge of moving the threads at the appointed times.

Completed votes are already moved to the Sacred Archives subforum once completed, though I've been admittedly late in moving the last couple.

After mis-thinking this and trying some things, unless someone has another idea that fits the forum mechanics, your options are:

1.  The voting forum must have all access removed from non-citizens (completely hidden to all but citizens) to prevent them from being able to vote in polls in that particular forum. (for any forum in which you want to restrict poll access)

2. Remove permission from non-citizens for poll voting. This will effect non-citizens globally, prohibiting voting everywhere on the forum. (This permission is by usergroup, not by forum, so it's a forum-wide permission)

3. Scrap poll voting for 'voice voting'. This is always the most secure voting method on any forum. 

I'd avoid option 2. 

This is why we 'voice vote' in Equilism (same forum software).

Thank you!

If those are our options, I would choose #1.

There is no reason for non-citizens to see any Hall business in the first place. When it was set up, it was left viewable in the hopes of encouraging non-citizens to explore the government and maybe join. Blocking the voting forum is fine. And I like the poll voting as long as the individual votes are turned on so people can see who voted for each option.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 12:00 PM, Davelands said:

And since it is a REALLY slow Friday for me and I'm spending way too much time in NS today, lets add Buck, Camyr-Autrist, and Arotania to the citizenship roster.

Done

13 minutes ago, Davelands said:

Merry Christmas! We need nairbas masked as cit.

Done

• 2 weeks later...