What is your ethnicity and nationality?

Hariko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I had a good friend long ago that was Nigerian/Trinidad and Tobago.  His father had been in the government, but was booted out and they moved to his mother's  home in Trinidad and Tobago.  From there he went to High School in London, and the the US for college.  He had problems with his English at times and would ask me, "What word am I thinking of James?"  I would say the word and he'd say, "Yes, that is what I am thinking of, thank you." in his staccato accent.  He always liked when I was smoking my pipe, he liked the smell of the pipe tobacco.  "Fire it up James!"

Interesting, I had a good friend long ago that was Nigerian/Trinidad and Tobago.  His father had been in the government, but was booted out and they moved to his mother's  home in Trinidad and Tobago.  From there he went to High School in London, and the the US for college.  He had problems with his English at times and would ask me, "What word am I thinking of James?"  I would say the word and he'd say, "Yes, that is what I am thinking of, thank you." in his staccato accent.  He always liked when I was smoking my pipe, he liked the smell of the pipe tobacco.  "Fire it up James!"

Interesting. Mi dad works fi a Trinidadian in his hardware shop.

• 3 weeks later...

My family is not particularly caring about our geneology; I am roughly 1/3 Chinese and roughly 2/3 Indo/Malay/Pacific Islander. My mom is half Chinese/Indonesian, grandma being native Chinese and grandpa being native Indonesian. My father I have no real clue because I never got to know him, but he is mainly Indonesian.

My nationality is Indonesian but most of my life I was raised in Michigan in the American Midwest in my childhood. Going into my teen years and up to now currently I've been in Texas. Does that make me American? By technicality then yes, by legally than no.

I don't care to much about my ethnicity, I chose to care more about where I live and my nationality. Most of my family is rather disappointed by this, but moving back on topic, both my parents were born in India and my mothers side comes from India. I never asked my father where his parents were born, we can safely assume somewhere in the world. 

I myself was born in Minnesota, (not a Vikings fan however), and raised in Florida and just recently moved to Texas. I am the only person in my family that did not celebrate Pakistan's independence day and perhaps the only one that celebrates July 4th from my mothers side. 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe my ethnicity to be approximately half Scottish and half Irish (we don't tend to delve too much into family history for some reason).

As for my nationality, I am Australian. I reside in a rural area, where we get to kill farm animals for food if we so desire, and Macca's runs are epic journeys. I'm not normally patriotic, as some of the 'patriotic' Australian behaviours absolutely disgust me, particularly the more racist attitudes of bogan-types, but this quickly dissolves whenever the Olympics are on. Don't know why, but I am madly patriotic whenever we're up against other nations in sports. Except cricket. Cricket is an abomination, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...