What is your ethnicity and nationality?

Hariko

WHAT??? You're not at all Korean?  :o

That reaction, though. XD

No. The Korean script is remarkably easy to learn. I think the King Sejong was the one who said “It is easy enough for a wise man to learn in the space of a morning, and a fool ten days.”

What did you expect? My whole life has been a lie!  :lol:

My pie diagram is extremely easy: 100% Greek from both parents, and a Greek national.

Well, I mean, I am part Asian, so I guess you got that right...lol.

Yes, that was the second thing I thought when I saw it!

(First was that the fractions don't add up. :))

Third was, what's this thing with TWP being Korea-obsessed? :lol:

I chose to learn Korean because it's the easiest out of the East Asian languages to learn. Learning hanja is optional, the alphabet can be learned in an hour or two, there isn't that much declension, no tones, and its easy for a 미국인 to learn how to pronounce. Not to mention the wealth of Korean media to base your pronunciation off of and practice reading.

I'm Canadian, but my mother's side is Scottish (MacLeod) and my father's side is scottish (Morrison) and Icelandic (Stephenson).  Don't know much on my mother's side as she was adopted at birth, so aside from her mother's name and nationality, we know virtually nothing.

My father's side is a bit more interesting...the family lore (with very little evidence to back it up but...) is that William Stephenson was adopted into our family at birth in Winnipeg.  Those who don't recognize the name, he is one of the primary inspirations for the character known as James Bond.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stephenson

Not a Blood relation, but still cool in my books.  I only learned of this particular bit 3 years ago...

My nationality is American, born in Chicago, raised in Wisconsin. Ethnicity is more complicated. My mom is 100% German, and my dad has some German as well, but there's also French (via Canada), English (via New England and Canada in the 1600s), some Scottish, and a tiny slice of Polish.  I have an ancestor, Peter Ingersoll, who was a Captain in the Continental Army and also owned an inn in Great Barrington, MA. I don't remember the name of it though.

Nationality is American, born and raised in Connecticut.

On my Mother's side I'm equally 50% French and 50% German. (Grandmother was French, Grandfather was German, both were first generation immigrants). My grandfather had a pretty fun childhood, which took place primarily during the rule of the Third Reich. He was relocated by the government a bunch of times (my great grandfather was an officer in charge of making those kinds of decisions so he was normally able to work out some nice arrangements, no we weren't Nazis), once living on a farm just outside of Warsaw. He even got to experience the thrill of fleeing from the advancing Russian forces on a wagon train though Czechoslovakia when he was 17. He genuinely came from a time when men were men, women were men, and children were men.

On my Father's side things are hard to get down with 100% accuracy, but it's roughly 50% English from my Grandfather from whom we can trace my family back to the first Mayflower. On my Grandmother's side I'm mostly Irish with a dash of French Canadian. She claims that my irish bits also have a bit of Spanish from when the Armada crashed (We all thought it was complete BS, but after taking one of those genealogy DNA tests it showed similarities to Spanish traits, so who knows. There was also some Turkish that came up, but we have no idea what's up with that.). She also claims that the French Canadian bits also have a bit of Native Canadian, but we can't prove it.

American, all my grandparents are American, but their parents came from the old countries. I'm 5/8's Swede and 3/8 German. What makes up those ethnicities past that is harder to figure out though.

Was born in "Northern Virginia" for the non-DC locals, and have lived all over the country, Virginia, Florida, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...