How do you pronounce your name?

Zogradia

This thread is meant to help people know how to pronounce the names of our nations.

For example, Zogradia is pronounced "Zo" "grey" "dee" "uh", or in the IPA; /zoʊgreɪdiə/

(Also, Yakadu, Zogradia's capital, is pronounced "Ya-ka-du" with an "a" as in "arm")

In my mind, I hear “why why for you.” Idk why, just do.

Anyway, most people probably hear Hairy-koh when they read my nation name but it's Hah-ree-koh, but the “r” is halfway between an “r” and an “l” because it's East Asian.

Wait, it's not pronounced Dark-EE-jah? (with the J pronounced with a French accent (there's probably a sound for that in Englich, but I can't put it into words))

My mind has been thoroughly blown.

Fujai is pronounced Foo-JAY, as it says in my signature, because everyone I've seen try to pronounce it does it wrong.  It doesn't help that Fujai is pronounced quite oddly for a nation with a language closely related to Norwegian, since Norwegian doesn't have a hard 'j' sound.

Wait, it's not pronounced Dark-EE-jah? (with the J pronounced with a French accent (there's probably a sound for that in Englich, but I can't put it into words))

My mind has been thoroughly blown.

Fujai is pronounced Foo-JAY, as it says in my signature, because everyone I've seen try to pronounce it does it wrong.  It doesn't help that Fujai is pronounced quite oddly for a nation with a language closely related to Norwegian, since Norwegian doesn't have a hard 'j' sound.

So, "ay" as in "pay"?

Fujai is pronounced Foo-JAY, as it says in my signature, because everyone I've seen try to pronounce it does it wrong.

In their defense, “ai” isn't usually associated with the sound that “ae” or “ā” makes. In my head, “ai” sounds like “eye”.

So, "ay" as in "pay"?

Yep.

In their defense, “ai” isn't usually associated with the sound that “ae” or “ā” makes. In my head, “ai” sounds like “eye”.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about that bit.