TWP Street Talk

Westwind

Good day ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to this episode of TWP Street Talk, the show where we take our questions to the streets of The West Pacific, and let you hear for yourself, the thoughts of your fellow citizens.  And now let's join our field reporter Jennifer Swift.

Thank you Brian.  Today I began by asking the people on the street what they think of the dissolution of The Voice of The West Pacific Union.  The answers may surprise you!

What do you think about the dissolution of The Voice ?

The What ?

Why, it's about time they got rid of that darn program !

No ! Don't ask me that question.  Ask me any other question, but don't ask me that question.  I'm serious, I can't answer that.  You won't like me when I'm angry.

The assembly, the reichstag, the senate, the voice, the whatever.  What's the difference ?  We got a Delegate and Guardians, what else do we need ?

I think it means we live in The West Pacific.

I want my MTV!

The consequences will be devastating, with long-term effects that may shake the very pillars of West Pacifican society.  Ripping the social fabric asunder, and who knows what the fallout from that may be.

What should I think ?  Why should I care ? What did it do for me ?

My Lords and Lady's, I beg to take this opportunity to address a serious issue that concerns us all, and that being the threat of greenhouse gas emissions from marsupials.  The West Pacific has long been known for it's dedication to the eradication of these pests, but it seems that no government of TWP has come to it's senses on this issue.  I truly beg the Delegate and government to take quick action on this matter. 

Puff puff pass, man.  Just chill.

Well.  I don't know.  It probably needed to be done.  But it wasn't done right.  I think.  Maybe.  But then maybe not.  How else would you do it ?  Unless you undid it, then you could do it all another way.  But I still don't know.  

When are we gonna go raid stuff?!?!

Yes, there's lots of differing thoughts on the events in TWP, and the Street Talk is all over the place as you might expect.  Thank you for joining us for this episode of TWP Street Talk.  Till next time, goodbye.

Well done, Westwind!  A humorous yet erudite handling of a topic that is at the heart of TWP's future.  TWP Street Talk would make an excellent adjunct for or regional newspaper, Dass Nachrichten.  I aligned myself with a couple of the responses but which ones will remain TOP SECRET!

You do understand that such an endeavor would require plugging all their orifices, no? Or maybe this is exactly the point here?

oh god

Yup, you got the point exactly :P

Forget exploding turtles, here come the exploding marsupials !

Yup, you got the point exactly :P

Forget exploding turtles, here come the exploding marsupials !

More cruelty to marsupials?  Although a reformed character and no longer on the roo fur and eucalyptus oil these days, I still retain a small soft spot for these much maligned and misunderstood creatures.

Good day ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another episode of TWP Street Talk, the show where we take our questions to the streets of The West Pacific, and let you hear for yourself, the thoughts of your fellow citizens.  And now let's join our field reporter Jennifer Swift.

Thank you Brian. With the support of the Delegate in recognizing The Voice as the government of The West Pacific and thus fully restoring it, I went out to ask the people on the street what they think of the restoration of The Voice of The West Pacific Union.  If you thought the answers we got last time were interesting, wait to you see these results!

What do you think about the restoration of The Voice ?

Oh no! Please tell me it's not true?!? I hate that show!

What do you think about the restoration of The Voice ?

Power to the people and all that stuff man, like, you know?  Like when you find a little tiny grain of sand on the beach, and it starts yelling out 'listen to me! listen to me!'.  Every once in awhile the rest of the beach stops to listen.  Pass the pipe, man.

I'm telling ya, you lousy joker, stop asking me those questions!  *turns away hurriedly*

Wait....did you just ask the opposite question about a week ago?

*Sigh*  I still haven't gotten my MTV.

I hope they pick me for Delegate or something!  I'm new here, how do I do that?

Excuse me, but I can't answer you right now, I'm in midst of a surveillance operation.  Now where did the guy with that pipe go to....

Has it done anything yet?

My Lords and Lady's, I beg to take this opportunity to again address, and remind serious members of The Voice, of a serious issue that concerns us all.  Yes, the continued threat of greenhouse gas emissions from marsupials. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I truly beg the Delegate and government to take quick action on this gassy matter. This pestilence must be dealt with quickly.

As an Ambassador from another region, what am I to think? The West Pacific had a perfectly flexible government, then dropped it for another perfectly flexible government.  Then dropped it while waiting for an alternative that looked a lot like the formerly dropped government.  Only to return to the formerly dropped government once again. It's impossible for me to form an opinion.

Oh Thank goodness.  Now we can finally get back to what we were doing before all this confusion.  Although, I don't know that that was.  If anything. Huh.  I can't think of anything.  Oh well, I'm sure someone will post something to get us going somewhere.  Yeah, that's it.  Someone else will remember.  Someone else will post.  Yeah. 

When are we gonna go raid stuff?!?!

I think the preponderance of evidence indicates the strong potential for a political vacuum in which unknown or perhaps unknowable variables will enter into the probability stream when attempting to forecast the future of The Voice.

Yes, as always there are many differing thoughts on the recent events in TWP, and the Street Talk is once again all over the place as you might expect.  Thank you for joining us for this episode of TWP Street Talk.  Till next time, goodbye.

*Now On Audio!*

Yes for this episode only, listen to TWP Street Talk for yourself!