Resignation

Reçueçn

Hi everybody,

I assume this is the correctest place to announce this.

I handed in my resignation to URA yesterday. The reason given for the dissolution of the voice was "inactivity," and I feel mostly responsible for that as FADA. However, I am not resigning out of guilt--rather, it is largely due to RL committments. Just as I have been busy lately and have not had time, I do not see an improvement in my schedule in the near future. Thus the dissmissal of the DAs and the dissolution of the voice, while not things I agree with ICly, came as a welcome break in workload. However, URA has unveiled his plan to put the guardians in control of many of the areas the DAs were before, and thus I would still have the same duties, just under a different title.

In order of decreasing importance, my RL committments, combined with one NS dissmissal and another job-description change, as well as disagreement with URA's new policies and his decision to dissolve the union (although I highly respect him, his opinions, and his decisions), all topped with a growing sense of self-questioning about whether or not TWP is reall the kind of political atmosphere I would like to be active in, have grouped together to cause me to resign. It has been a pleasure working with URA, Medio, Hariko, Elegarth, and Yy, and I'm going to miss being politically involved here.

I would probably join the rebellion BBD's trying to start myself, or try to influence URA, but in the interests of solidarity, and of course, my RL, I won't be.

Best of luck to everyone in the delegate's office as well as the voice.

Sorry to see RL stuff taking over and you going, Reçueçn — hopefully we'll have you back soon.

Do you want me to delete my RMB post? I hadn't read anywhere any proper announcement, and it's not that typical to see a Guardian go without a heads-up for the regulars, hence the post. The stuff relating to the Welcome TG can be then posted by me in the thread we have here for that purpose.

I'm really sorry to see you go Recuecn and you must not undervalue the contribution you have made to TWP.  I agree with you that it was preemptive to disband the Voice but in this time of turmoil in the region, your wise head will be missed.  If a return to the fold may be possible for you in the future, rest assured that I will be one of the first to welcome you back :)