Anthems and Patriotic Songs

Zogradia

In real life, basically every country has a national anthem, so I decided to create a forum where we can talk about our national anthems.

Zogradia's anthem is called "My Beautiful Zogradia" (lyrics here). It was partially inspired by Lupang Hinirang (Philippines), and has a similar rhythm, and is meant to be celebratory and cheerful. It's available in five languages (English, Korean, Arabic, Russian, and German), though the different languages would have different rhythms than the original English version (an Ikida translation is planned, too).

The national anthem of Fujai is called "By Fjord and Mountain." In the original Fujaian it is called "Avf Fjord et Fujell," and in Norwegian it is called "Av Fjord og Fjell."  The words are based on an old folk song about the beauty of Fujai, with a similar theme to "Solas Ané."  Lyrics here.  It is a ballad sung to a slow march at 80 bpm in D major.

Too new to have one yet, but I am getting my staff to work on one based on a song I had published back in the early 80's. It's got a great marching beat and a rousing chorus - just need to rework the words. A song about nuclear war for a nice peaceful colony doesn't quite work lol

Lol, finished it! Posted in Accounts, culture. I will have to write up the music if anyone is interested as it is an original song and no recorded version exists. I'm not even sure I still have a copy of the sheet music lol.

If someone can tell me how to link to it like Fujai did, I'll link it.

Ty Fujai! Here's the link!

Anthem

• 4 weeks later...