What language(s) and writing system does your nation use?

Drachmaland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The Gryphonian Alliance uses English, though some rules of grammar are changed, such as Don't to Do'nt, and the addition of new words such as repper, styke, and alleyoop. The writing system is standard modern-day Latin but straight bars between sentences are used instead of periods.

I have also sorted out a couple grammar features for Ikida. First, when ending sentences, all periods, question marks and exclamation points are put a space after the sentence (ex: "Is this a question ?" [ىڽ سلنتي ؟ ]), though this is sometimes ignored in informal circumstances (usually by newby foreigners).

Ikida also has a feature where the a, ā, and ı vowels are not required to be written when writing in the Arabic script (unless it's at the end of a word), so the word for a train station (sıtashın) can be spelled [ستشن or سىّتىشىّن]. Ikida words are structured so no diphthongs appear, which helps when written in Hangul/Hānkıl, and vowels are essentially implied in abjads like Arabic/Jawi, though obviously mandatory in alphabets like Hangul, so "sıtashın" can only be spelled "스따쓴" in Hangul.

• 9 months later...

Wolves of Sad Wolf typically cry for 95% of their days, making it necessary to establish a communication system revolving around their tears. It's called Sequential Tear Vocabulary and thoughts are expressed via the number of tears, velocity of tears, and different patterns of tears. There isn't any written language. Their eyes are too blurry to see.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The Allied States of Russellandd’s official language is English but there had been trends of  citizens using other languages more often. Some of them are actually beneficial like Newspeak which is great for communicating while constantly fighting in battlefields, languages of other nations which is great for not looking stupid when talking to someone who doesn’t know English, and slangs to make communication easier.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The common people use basically a trade language which I have not and probably will not develop. But the magical Nairthi have their own language. 

Their alphabet has the same letters as ours, minus c, x, and z, and has separate symbols for each vowel sound. They use very few blends (i. e. ch, sh,) and avoid harsh sounds. 

Despite the amount of time I have had this nation, I sadly lack the time and drive to develop it much. I  hope to put more together soon over the summer. 

My country is considered bilingual between German and English. There is a Hessian mixed with Bavarian dialect to the German language though as the country's German population at the time of the founding of the union was mainly Hessian and Austrians.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hertfordshire and Jammbo has 3 langauges that are considered to be national.

Anglian: Most widely spoken language, used all over the nation, uses the Latin script

Jammbian: 2nd most spoken language, used mainly in the centre and east, uses the Cyrillic script

Hertmerian: 3rd most spoken language, used mainly in the west, uses the Greek script

There are also 3 other minor langauges aswell.

Dacoran: 4th most spoken language, used exclusively in the west, uses the Hangul script

Tendrish: 5th most spoken language, used exclusively in the north-east, uses the Armenian script

Debenian: 6th most spoken language, used exclusively in the east, uses the Georgian script

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...