Warzone Airspace

Reçueçn

It's pretty fun actually. I got interested in warzones because I think the mechanics offer some of the most exciting political gameplay available in NS. Unfortunately they've been shunned by the greater NS community.

But it's nice to see all the little regimes come and go. I first started in Warzone Asia before the current People's Republic; then moved to Airspace shortly after our Delegate disappeared. In WZAI we're not as big and lack the endorsements of our more successful friends in WZ Asia and WZ Europe so when the raiders come there really isn't much we can do. Our current unnamed government in Airspace has had 3 Delegates Crisisies, myself, and currently Lyrasan and I think my tenure was the most overthrown. But the next update you're back in charge and the regions all fixed up and it's like nothing ever happened.

It's pretty relaxing once you give up to the fact that raiding is inevitable, thankfully no one has tried to establish their own regime in WZAI (knock on wood), so we've been free to pick up where we left off. I still like to check out the goings on with nation movements trying to spot would be invaders and conquerors. Warzone life really introduces you to the small scale game of NS: strange little regions, tiny imperialists with dreams of dominion, and that one time Rifty got really involved in Warzone affairs. :P

It's exciting if you're open to a new way to play the game. Like I said we in Airspace have a pretty laissez faire approach to government and regional adminstration ( I kind of designed it that way when writing our constitution); the Delegate pretty much runs the show. I think the most involved thing I did when I was Delegate was pick out a flag I liked and banned some would be invaders.

I guess in summation it's pretty low key and different from a lot of NS gameplay. I'd recommend popping in and seeing what it's all about; like I said warzone mechanics allow for some of the more exciting gameplay opportunities around if only more people cared to get involved in them.

Wow.

I figured that Warzone governments would be like a revolving door.

But it seems like you've managed to make a permanent government and adapt it to a warzone, so good work on that.

Are some warzone governments more stable than others?

Definitely. The three I mentioned Europe, Asia, and Airspace have all had stable governments for some time. WZEU is technically a protectorate of Equilism and part of Astarial's Empire. Asia has gotten by through the work of their Delegate Campbell and Vice-Delegate Llamas. I honestly don't know how we manage to stay afloat some times but people tend to forget we exist, which in a warzone isn't always a bad thing.

Australia, Africa, and Sandbox on the other hand have all had terrible times trying to build "native" governments and none have lasted more than a few weeks. These also happen to be the smaller regions population wise and they've never had more than one or two nations dedicated to building a government in the warzone. Where the three more stable warzones have all had a small core of at least three to five people working to build a lasting government.

Hmm what more to say...

You mentioned revolving door governments and until recently I think that was the case, but I'm not so sure thats a bad thing. In fact that's part of why I like them so much. I like that anyone can be Delegate for a day and that for governments to form they take dedicated people who actually want to do something. If Crisisies or myself had just given up in the face of raiders and inactivity I don't think we'd have a WZAI government today. I enjoy checking in on the anarchic warzones to see what's going on because it might be a EPSA protectorate (Sandbox until recently) or someone evoking the worst Australian stereotypes (Australia all the time). The chaos is really what makes them fun, it's like the coups in feeders/sinkers but no one takes it seriously.

I've always liked warzones impermanence, they're a great place to experiment with what regional government and community can be. For instance the term "Native" doesn't really hold a lot of sway in a warzone. We say that our government in the Native WZAI Government, but by what rubric are we natives? If someone comes along, moves in, and replaces our regime to form their own we don't really have much to fall back on other than "we were here first". And maybe that's what a native is, I'll leave that Unibot and his lectures to decide. We happen to be in this warzone for an extended period and have our own government set up, but even then it's fickle; we don't have the massive endorsement counts the respected GCRs have nor are we protected by a founder. WZ governments are really dependent upon the people involved in them. It's the weirdos like myself, Crisisies, Lyrasan, and all the others who keep trying to make it all work out that really creates a stable government.

• 1 month later...

Planes fly over The West Pacific dropping pamphlets across the region:

Warzone Airspace Dispatch

Brought to you by

The Warzone Airspace Foreign Service Wing

Airspace Raided!

Oh No! The psychopathic raider empire of Caesars Legion stormed into the inhospitable wasteland beneath the raging Airspace and took control of the beloved and beleagured region. Unlike their Mojave desert cohorts these raiders left the region largely unscathed. Lyrasan was back in the Delegate position in a matter of a few short hours.

Elections!

It's time again for Senate elections in Airspace. Delegate Lyrasan has called upon the people of the WZAI to stand for the office of Senate. Four candidates stand for three seats, and the poll seems to be ineffective! Even democracy is a constant challenge here in the Warzones!

... and the fourth candidate(the fierce Trump supporter) left, and therefore the incumbents will serve another term.

By the way, it seems like the folks from Caesars Legion invaded only to forcefully accept the in-game embassy request they sent few days prior to the invasion - nothing more, nothing less.

Regarding this post by Malviet on Warzone Airspace's RMB:

Calling the potential raiders from den, namely being we_are_not_the_cdc__525300t2.pngWe Are Not The CDCzombie_horde_ii__729815t2.pngZombie Horde II, and malvacka8__504851t2.pngMalvacka8

Hello. This is Malviet, a.k.a. 'Mal', TWP Ambassador to Warzone Airspace.

The West Pacific is engaged in a friendly diplomatic relationship with the native government of WZ Airspace, which is led by the delegate, Lyrasan.

As stated by the native delegate and senators of Airspace, you are probably free to take the region for a few updates, but may I warn you: If you aim to permanently take over the region and/or banject the native residents, The West Pacific will intervene with military force and restore power to the rightful government.

If you are not raiders and simply come in peace, please proceed to ignore what I wrote above, and welcome to Warzone Airspace.

Thanks, 
Mal.

To whom it may concern:

With a jump into Warzone Airspace during a tag run (and missing at that), DEN had no intent on holding the region for a few updates, nor did we have the intent of permanently taking over the region and banjecting native residents, nor did we want to alienate the government of TWP.

During a tag run, the region's delegacy is changed for the duration of only one update since we resign as soon as the target is hit. Had we hit Warzone Airspace, the WFE and flag would have been changed, embassies ordered to be closed, tags removed, other reversible changes, etc. In 12 hours, Lyrasan will be back in the delegacy and is free to reverse such changes with ease, with the help of tools such as the WFE Index and the Flag Database.

Hope this clears up some misconceptions.

Cheers,

Brigadier General Knot

Yes, we at the West is aware of what happens in a tag raid, but thanks anyways.

Mal.

The intention in the response above was not to sound condescending, but rather, to reply to this section of your RMB post:

As stated by the native delegate and senators of Airspace, you are probably free to take the region for a few updates, but may I warn you: If you aim to permanently take over the region and/or banject the native residents, The West Pacific will intervene with military force and restore power to the rightful government.

War zones are MEANT to be taken and re-taken etc...

I'm sorry, but then why are we having a diplomatic relationship with them in the first place when they are the most unstable form of government in the whole NS world? I, as ambassador, treated the native Airspace government like any other. I, in my heart, believed that was the mission that was assigned to me ever since Recu gave me the job. To support and uphold the native Airspacers. As neighbors. As allies. As friends.

I'm starting to get the impression that I was doing my job totally, totally wrong. What a f__k-tastic way to start the day.(Rhime intended.)

I'm sorry, but then why are we having a diplomatic relationship with them in the first place when they are the most unstable form of government in the whole NS world? I, as ambassador, treated the native Airspace government like any other. I, in my heart, believed that was the mission that was assigned to me ever since Recu gave me the job. To support and uphold the native Airspacers. As neighbors. As allies. As friends.

I'm starting to get the impression that I was doing my job totally, totally wrong. What a f__k-tastic way to start the day.(Rhime intended.)

Hari and Ura's explain the answer to this, Warzones are MEANT to work that way, and they will usually let you know of any help needed. Warzones are VERY interesting places to play the game, due to the different mechanics.

• 1 year later...

Celebrate TWP Festival Oct 14-16

LinkImage 
The Delegate and Guardians of
The West Pacific

Request the honor of your presence at a Weekend-Long Celebration,
Given in thanks for the many nations and regions that have supported TWP.

The festivities begin on the RMB, our Linkforum and our LinkDiscord server on Friday, October 14th. Join us first thing in the morning for our Friday Karaoke tradition. The official celebration begins at 19:00 (USA EDT) with formal introductions, and will continue throughout Friday into Sunday. There will be games, music, an open chat party, amusing stories about The West Pacific and a panel discussion on the history of TWP. A highlight of the celebration will be a State of the Region address offered by Big Bad Badger at 20:00 (USA EDT) on Saturday. TWP will also hold joint military operations in recognition of the event. All nations or regions that would like to participate should contact our new Commander of TWPAF yuno_owl__517133t2.jpgThe West Pacific ANIME Force of Yuno owl.

Feel free to join us for any or all of the celebration, as your schedule permits. Whenever you arrive, you may describe your entrance and announce yourself, if you wish.

Residents of TWP and others are encouraged to change their flags to the one at the top of this invitation for this event.

No RSVP requested.

Should you have any questions about the party, please contact neenee__991494t2.jpgThe Magical Cookie Queendom of Neenee