Hello from Drachmaland

Drachmaland greets all the great buddy nations in TWP!  :twpflag:

Drachmaland has two colonies (puppet nations) that are also located  in TWP: Obolos and Akanes. We use our colonies for mining ores and industrial minerals that help our economy.

Since we don't have a Factbook yet, please let us share with you some information regarding our nation:

• Drachmaland gets its name from drachma, one of the most ancient units of currency in the world.
  • Obolos is obol, another ancient unit of currency (and weight); six obols make one drachma.
  • Akanés is a sweet similar to lokum, but flavored with fresh butter (instead of fruit essences).
  • Drachmaland is the only Debtocracy in NationStates — a pun on debt & democracy, since the name of our country has to do with money.
  • Our motto ("Molon labe!") is what Leonidas told the Persians when they asked him to surrender his debts weapons; it means "come and get 'em".

I don't know whether we're supposed to post OOC/RL stuff here, but the guy behind Drachmaland is an aeronautical engineer in his mid-forties. If posting this is not acceptable, mods please feel free to delete it. Hope to see you around and have fun!

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I unfortunately cannot provide any solid dates for my Factbook :(; hopefully there will be some time available for it during the summer.

Regarding my colonies, there were never intended for any use of unscrupulous tactics, but just for added realism in RPing: I can have my civilized main nation and two distant places to get a wide spectrum of raw materials for my industries.  :)