Clap

Pestarzt

:wine: :ph34r:

[OOC]

Not sure if I'm a boogeyman here now, but ... it's not like I've ever entertained that before.

I've lurked occassionally since my DoS in April, and I wanted to pop in for a moment and applaud what I see as a very impressive accomplishment by this community. When I came in December, there wasn't anything resemblant of the now-buzzing atmosphere here. It's genuinely refreshing.

I've seen some comments that suggested my goal in TWP was to make an NPO 2.0 or a Milotopia. I actually liked it a lot here, however. The idea that I was an NPO satellite is wholly farcical -- Milotopia perhaps not. I think everyone strives to make their region fit to them; the net effort of an entire community to do that for themselves ultimately yields something that generally works for the all. Every time I voted, I voted for my ideals, and every time I spoke, I spoke for what I liked. That's the whole idea of government. I always invited people to "do something about it" if they didn't like what I was pushing, and, in private, I was very pleased by the vocal resistance I faced.. I don't have a hat in the ring anymore, so I can freely admit that.

The ongoing "transition" as a whole represents a positive evolution of TWP, and the thinking that made it possible offers itself as a promising example for the rest of NS to follow. The old Guardians guided the history of TWP for a long stretch, and the willingness to let the next chapter of TWP history - for better or worse - be written by a pen other than theirs is healthy for the region and the game. Hats off to the Guardians, and may TWP not forget that example.

When I checked the WP's page and say URAP as the incoming delegate, I honestly felt surprised at first -- if it were my choice, I would hesitate to pick him, not knowing how ready he is. But I thought about it and it occurred to me that nothing truly prepares you to be a GCR delegate or an anything in NS except actually doing it - you become a great X while you are an X. URAP is a great choice and already possesses many of the skills he'll need in the seat. Good luck and congrats to him.

I've found that communities thrive when you take a chance putting fresh faces in them, even if they aren't vets or elite players (yet) -- when you are entrusted with a position of responsibility, you don't even realize the many ways you learn in the moment. It naturally happens that people step up and learn when they are presented with stakes in this game. And often, those who are given a chance learn the most it, and leave whatever role they had as qualified as anyone to execute its duties. Even better, they often pay it forward afterwards. Whereas Travellers like Pestarzt the Traveller travel like salesmen - finding suitable places to pitch their camps, play a while, and then move on from - these players stay and build a village. As they should. I think back to my time in the SP; when it comes to staying and playing, Kringalia and Hileville are perfect examples.

So yeah, kudos to everyone, and have fun.

FTR: I DOS'd myself to prevent myself from possibly playing more than I should ... and, so far, I'm very happy with the choice. I've made good friends in this game and like keeping in touch, I just don't plan on playing. DOS prevents me from doing so -- but I can still visit off-site when I like. NS isn't addicting, it's just easy to come back to and stay longer than you wanted.

Hey, Pes!

Long time no talk.

Honestly, I've missed you a bit. Your determination, no matter what your goal, helped the community pick itself up, dust itself off, and get going again. That's the way it works- no matter who adds determination to a community, the community benefits.

You contributed to our community a lot. Even after you had mostly left, you continued to help, if slightly unpleasantly, through llamas, even though he hated you and hates us now too.

Anyhow, I will accept your goodwill and run with it proudly.

To any players who weren't here for this person's time with us- he truly was influential here in a lot of ways. He will be remembered for a good long time.

Good luck in life, Pes.

Y u plox bro.

You started saying that after that guy with a Czech flag started saying it on the RMB.

I read polandball.

..and I'm pretty sure I said it before then.

Hey, Pes!

Long time no talk.

Honestly, I've missed you a bit. Your determination, no matter what your goal, helped the community pick itself up, dust itself off, and get going again. That's the way it works- no matter who adds determination to a community, the community benefits.

You contributed to our community a lot. Even after you had mostly left, you continued to help, if slightly unpleasantly, through llamas, even though he hated you and hates us now too.

Anyhow, I will accept your goodwill and run with it proudly.

To any players who weren't here for this person's time with us- he truly was influential here in a lot of ways. He will be remembered for a good long time.

Good luck in life, Pes.

Thank you, and again, good luck to you to. I really do think you'll do excellently.

Also, I'll probably visit here whenever I get a hint of NStalgia, so I don't think this is the last we'll speak. :tiphat:

RE Llamas: Sometimes unpleasantry is a necessary vehicle for moving conversation forward, or starting one entirely. I didn't plan on that, but I thought it might happen. All I knew is that something would happen, which was my goal. His politics are the complete antithesis of mine: I like honest top-down control, whereas he likes Santa Claus and the democracy fairy.

He's very naive about NS GP and I basically exploited him for labor for the duration of our NS relationship. Great guy OOCly, atrocious player ICly.

*wonders if Unibot will write a follow-up article to “Oh the Places You'll Go, TWP”*

I wonder if someone would read it past the first paragraph. :shooters:

The trouble with leaving TWP for a while and then returning for the occasional pop-in, is that you've not the slightest idea what's going-on; most of the old regulars have left, you don't know many of the active new regulars, and they haven't the slightest idea who you are!  Severely limits the understanding of any gossip that's gone-on, or anything else for that matter!

But old soldiers and Mayors never die :) Keeping your hand in in The Club House would be a good place to be and keep in touch with the forums you can access as often as possible adding your two penn'oth, or two cents worth, as often as possible.

thanks for the update Milo.

If you want the definition of self important delusional twattle read Unibot or listen to Llamas for 30 seconds, then when you're tired of it you banject Llamas and laugh when Unibot claims his year as Delegate in the RR was 'democracy'.

Llamas sounded like Unibot without the OCD

thanks for the update Milo.

If you want the definition of self important delusional twattle read Unibot or listen to Llamas for 30 seconds, then when you're tired of it you banject Llamas and laugh when Unibot claims his year as Delegate in the RR was 'democracy'.

Llamas sounded like Unibot without the OCD

God, I love your input.

Always hilarious, and mostly right :P

Santa Claus and the democracy fairy.

Hahaha, this is the kind of stuff that makes me enjoy reading this forum. xD